Asking to play Sundar over Dhawan as opener in LOIs was a very poor analysis by ICF

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

There are lot of one or two test  wonders. He is another Shastri in making with weaker bowling . That is definition of bits and pieces player. Jadeja is an ATG bowler atleast in Indian conditions and will walk into the team just based on his bowling. His batting is always a plus.

Agree. In Test matches, you definitely need to have a primarily skill that you are held accountable for. 

While in ODIs and T20s, utility players are extremely handy, it just doesn't work in Tests in the long run.. That's where players like Yusuf Pathan, Hardik Pandya are useful in ODIs and T20s set up.. They can give you 5-8 overs with the ball + a quickfire 30-40 runs.. 

However in Tests, they can neither be held accountable for their bowling or batting..

While Jadeja walks into the Test set up as a bowler and can be one of the four bowlers, I can't say if Sundar can be one of the top 6 batsman yet. 

2 hours ago, putrevus said:

There are lot of one or two test  wonders. He is another Shastri in making with weaker bowling . That is definition of bits and pieces player. Jadeja is an ATG bowler atleast in Indian conditions and will walk into the team just based on his bowling. His batting is always a plus.

he isnt. he has perfect batting technique. he is a special talent. he has time to work on his bowling.

37 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Agree. In Test matches, you definitely need to have a primarily skill that you are held accountable for. 

While in ODIs and T20s, utility players are extremely handy, it just doesn't work in Tests in the long run.. That's where players like Yusuf Pathan, Hardik Pandya are useful in ODIs and T20s set up.. They can give you 5-8 overs with the ball + a quickfire 30-40 runs.. 

However in Tests, they can neither be held accountable for their bowling or batting..

While Jadeja walks into the Test set up as a bowler and can be one of the four bowlers, I can't say if Sundar can be one of the top 6 batsman yet. 

sundar has more than enough talent  to bat in top 6. easily amongst the best in terms of technique. 

3 hours ago, Jay said:

sundar has more than enough talent  to bat in top 6. easily amongst the best in terms of technique. 

He looks promising for sure and had couple of good innings.. But needs to show that he can score consistently. Only time will tell if he can.. 

He should also back it up with some big seasons in Ranji whenever domestic cricket opens up

46 minutes ago, Cricspin said:

Smacked around a bit too much. He played well. Negotiated the bowling and scored important runs. 

For fun - Shastri scored 200 V/s Australia at Sydney. First double hundred by an Indian in Australia which must count for something. Its not a fluke because he has 10 other hundreds. What I mean to say is Shastri did his best with whatever ability he had and not like he did nothing and just consumes Alcohol and earns money.

The video says he was the first test wicket for Shane Warne. 

look at sundar's technique. now look at shastri. whole world of difference. sundar is special. 

1 hour ago, Cricspin said:

I like Sundar as I like his technique and temperament in Australia but he isn't Shakib level.  at least lets not put that pressure on him right now.   Shakib is doing close to 40 runs and 4 wickets per test right now.

Anantha Narayanan - Is Shakib Al Hasan a greater allrounder than Garry Sobers? (espncricinfo.com) << stats analysis

It is easy to have high expectations after few good showings and hype people up but we wont know the story until he gets through 4-5 years at high level. Sundar has lot to prove with the ball in hand. 

Give him 80% of matches at home and he will also take 4 Wickets per test. I think he is far better than bits and pieces. The batting talent is there and bowling will improve by time. He is young only, just 21 now.

He took 5 wickets in his only test in Australia so he is a good enough fifth bowling option.

Edited by Majestic
2 hours ago, Majestic said:

Give him 80% of matches at home and he will also take 4 Wickets per test. I think he is far better than bits and pieces. The batting talent is there and bowling will improve by time. He is young only, just 21 now.

He took 5 wickets in his only test in Australia so he is a good enough fifth bowling option.

For Indians they only like Overrate their whitelord tailunts like green, Jamieson etc. 

Sundar is apparently a mediocre talent though. 

Green is good but he did f all vs India at HOME. 

Kyle is good but he only showed his skills at home. People can figure him out soon. They will learn. 

Yea same could be said about sundar but that's why I addressed his technique. He is perfect technique for batting. He can also be a good spinner given his age. Phenomenal talent. 

Edited by Jay
2 hours ago, Jay said:

For Indians they only like Overrate their whitelord tailunts like green, Jamieson etc. 

Sundar is apparently a mediocre talent though. 

Green is good but he did f all vs India at HOME. 

Kyle is good but he only showed his skills at home. People can figure him out soon. They will learn. 

Yea same could be said about sundar but that's why I addressed his technique. He is perfect technique for batting. He can also be a good spinner given his age. Phenomenal talent. 

Sundar is a special talent. He even showed the glimpses with his batting performances in Australia when it mattered the most.

Green is also an all-rounder but couldn't even do zilch at home conditions of Melbourne and GABBA to save home losses for his team. Nothing really to suggest Sundar isn't a great talent while Green is.

2 hours ago, Khota said:

Sundar is better than Shastri is not a complement. Shastri was a bum who got in the team because he was from Mumbai.

The real deal is Dhawan and no one is better than him. No one.

What? Oh ok ODI. Yea true. He is the ICC king but he is not young anymore. 

2 hours ago, Jay said:

True. I truly believe if gabbar played vs n.z in semis and vs England, India would have won the WC. Gabbar and Shami. 

I agree. Though India still could have won it if they did not play three wkt kprs.

Shastri scored double hundred in Australia and in WI facing real fast bowler at their peak so this nonsense that Sundar is better than him is ridculous.Sundar if he does what Shastri did in his career , it would be a great achievement for him.

Sundar is not top 6 nor he is one of the best five bowlers in the team.He like Pandya is ultimate bits and piece player except Pandya is sure shot in shorter formats. To replace Dhawan is beyond his capabilities.

10 hours ago, putrevus said:

Shastri scored double hundred in Australia and in WI facing real fast bowler at their peak so this nonsense that Sundar is better than him is ridculous.Sundar if he does what Shastri did in his career , it would be a great achievement for him.

Sundar is not top 6 nor he is one of the best five bowlers in the team.He like Pandya is ultimate bits and piece player except Pandya is sure shot in shorter formats. To replace Dhawan is beyond his capabilities.

All current bowlers are top bowlers from most top nations. They would excel in any era. Stop living in the past. 

Real fast lol. You could even say current era is a lot harder for bowlers given the rules don't favour them. Lot harder meaning current lot are better. 

Sundar has brilliant technique. He will be a fine player in the future. He is 21. Looks like Jadeja written all over. 

Edited by Jay
20 hours ago, Jay said:

True. I truly believe if gabbar played vs n.z in semis and vs England, India would have won the WC. Gabbar and Shami. 

X y Z cud have played bug remeber all it takes is one ball. Dhawan did play 2017 CT and 2015 semi final and failed so its not that he is a guaranteed scorer, infact even failed in 2013 ct final.  It was moving a lot and all it takes is one ball to dismiss anyone. Rohit sharma n kohli are india 2 best white ball player if they cudnt well its just wet dream to think anyone cud have. Kohli negative energy in such situation wud have led to downfall of many pressure players. 

On 5/12/2021 at 8:05 AM, Cricspin said:

Smacked around a bit too much. He played well. Negotiated the bowling and scored important runs. 

For fun - Shastri scored 200 V/s Australia at Sydney. First double hundred by an Indian in Australia which must count for something. Its not a fluke because he has 10 other hundreds. What I mean to say is Shastri did his best with whatever ability he had and not like he did nothing and just consumes Alcohol and earns money.

The video says he was the first test wicket for Shane Warne. 

And i think shastri has a 187 in england to in test matches. Having a 200 in aus and 187 in england in test with his limited ability isnt a small thing. 

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

X y Z cud have played bug remeber all it takes is one ball. Dhawan did play 2017 CT and 2015 semi final and failed so its not that he is a guaranteed scorer, infact even failed in 2013 ct final.  It was moving a lot and all it takes is one ball to dismiss anyone. Rohit sharma n kohli are india 2 best white ball player if they cudnt well its just wet dream to think anyone cud have. Kohli negative energy in such situation wud have led to downfall of many pressure players. 

Dhawan was In red hot form. Also Rahul was supposed to be at number 4. No Shami who has a good record vs n.z made a huge difference. Agree about Kohli negative energy.