Ravi Jadeja - The Indian all rounder & probable no.7-Performance tracker

SK_IH

5 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

:facepalm: hope you don’t rate him

Tewatia ?? I like him but rating is another thing. Either i rate or i look for players who can do a role . Tewatia looks like he can hit ball better from ball 1 better then jaddu but needs to be tested. This doesnt mean he is a better batsman then jaddu. We shud be open to testing new players in the concern area. If it doesnt work look for another till u find the best. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Tewatia ?? I like him but rating is another thing. Either i rate or i look for players who can do a role . Tewatia looks like he can hit ball better from ball 1 but needs to be tested. We shud be open to testing new players in the concern area. If it doesnt work look for another till u find the best. 

Ok “modern” player who “fits roles” got it

:giggle: 

12 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Talking of past in context of hitting ability ye kya logic. 

Hitting ability ki baat ho rahi hai to wo karo. Pandya doesnt have a ct still his hitting ability is miles ahead. Usme CT kaha se aa gaya.

Jadeja struggled to hit from ball 1 a very well established fact which is why he failed at 7. He can only hit when he is set. Sundar is comparitvely better and so is sam curran to isme ct 2013 kaha se aa gaya. Even krunal n axar are better hitter from ball 1, ha once jaddu is set he is far evolved then others. In t20 u dnt get time to get ur eye in. 

In terms of hitting skills as of date April 2021,

Pandya

Daylight

Jadeja

Axar

Sundar

Sundar is not capable of playing the knock which Jadeja did in 1st T20 Vs Australia. He may become capable 5 years later but Mera kaam avi next two WT20 tak hai. Axar Patel played a good knock last year Vs CSK where he finished off in final overs, Sundar hasn't done that even in 1st inning.

Also, hitting skills alone doesn't make you a great candidate for no.7. You should have the temperament to finish off games and not get bogged down by few dot balls and end up hitting across the line Vs leg spinners and get out.

Edited by Majestic

1 minute ago, Majestic said:

Also, hitting skills alone doesn't make you a great candidate for no.7. You should have the temperament to finish off games and not get bogged down by few dot balls and end up hitting across the line to leg spinners.

Hain ??? Hitting alone nahin 1st important cheez hai. 

Finishing ?? Do u know how many games jaddu has lost with his batting, their is no count. I think in his 10-12 50s we must have lost 90%. 

7 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Sundar is not capable of playing the knock which Jadeja did in 1st T20 Vs Australia.

Sundar t20i s/r is 146 and jadeja 112 

Adha knowledge , said 100 times....100 times

Jaddu can hit well in 2 scenarios -

• HE has time (in that t20 he can in 14th over with 6 overs left which is enough time in t20)
  • Of he is coming from good scores which at 7 is hardly possible

Go watch those aus series when he came to bat. Jadeja problem has been when he doesnt have which is the case 8 out of 10 times in LOI 

Here read this, i made a thread long back with example of all his good knocks . Just dnt see blind number understand the reason behind it 

45 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Sundar t20i s/r is 146 and jadeja 112 

Adha knowledge , said 100 times....100 times

Jaddu can hit well in 2 scenarios -

• HE has time (in that t20 he can in 14th over with 6 overs left which is enough time in t20)
  • Of he is coming from good scores which at 7 is hardly possible

Go watch those aus series when he came to bat. Jadeja problem has been when he doesnt have which is the case 8 out of 10 times in LOI 

Here read this, i made a thread long back with example of all his good knocks . Just dnt see blind number understand the reason behind it 

Lol, really?? Bhai runs ke sample toh dekhle aadha knowledge bolne se pehle.. Sundar has a total of 47 runs in T20I at average of 6.0. Ek chakka Marne se hitter Nahi ban jaata koi..

Let's compare with decent enough sample. IPL stats:-

Sundar S/R 116, AVG 15

Jadeja S/R 126, AVG 26

And Jadeja's last 2-3 years S/R is much higher. You can see how big a difference is when we compare with a decent enough sample especially over last 2-3 years.

As I typed, look how Jadeja took this game by scruff of its neck. Got Buttler out and took another wickets and then took a great catch.

Anyways, as I said, Sundar is not comparable to Jadeja in terms of T20 batting over their last 2-3 years form and their IPl stats prove that.

The thread that you are talking about is quite some time back. He was average till then. But right now, it is good especially with his all-round capability and he showed it if you look at his S/R in IPl last year or the T20 series vs Australia.

Edited by Majestic

6 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Let's compare with decent enough sample. IPL stats:-

Sundar S/R 116, AVG 15

Jadeja S/R 126, AVG 26

unhone IPL khelna hai ya international ?

And Jadeja's last 2-3 years S/R is much higher. You can see how big a difference is when we compare with a decent enough sample especially over last 2-3 years.

again check when that happens 

The thread that you are talking about is quite some time back. He was average till then. But right now, it is good especially with his all-round capability and he showed it if you look at his S/R in IPl last year or the T20 series vs Australia.

In that t20 he cam in 14 over and that is enough time in t20 over so it still stands relevant that he needs to time to get in 

Even in an ODI before where he had partnership with pandya he came in 30-35th over...again time

So it still stands true

10 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

unhone IPL khelna hai ya international ?

again check when that happens 

In that t20 he cam in 14 over and that is enough time in t20 over so it still stands relevant that he needs to time to get in 

Even in an ODI before where he had partnership with pandya he came in 30-35th over...again time

So it still stands true

Jab IPL me hitting ho hi Nahi rahi to international me kaha se hogi? You are basing your conclusion on few Sundar's 4-5 ball cameo in international T20s at no.8 or even 9 behind Shardul and the sample is so low that those stats means nothing really.

In IPL, Sundar bats at 6 &7 and see what his S/R is. It is 117 at average of 16. For Jadeja, it is 126 at average of 26 and that includes the years when he was mediocre.

In last 16 IPL matches, Jadeja's S/R is 165. For Sundar, it is 112. These are massive differences and tells us who should I rely on for next two T20 WC. I am not comparing their overall career, mera kaam avi agle do T20 WC tak hai to current hitting ability se matlab hai...

Edited by Majestic

2 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Jab IPL me hitting ho hi Nahi rahi to international me kaha se hogi? You are basing your conclusion on few Sundar's 4-5 ball cameo in international T20s at no.8 or even 9 behind Shardul and the sample is so low that those stats means nothing really.

In IPL, Sundar bats at 6 &7 and see what his S/R is. It is 117 at average of 16. For Jadeja, it is 126 at average of 26 and that includes the years when he was mediocre.

In last 16 IPL matches, Jadeja's S/R is 165. For Sundar, it is 112. These are massive differences and tells us who should I rely on for next two T20 WC. I am not comparing their overall career, mera kaam avi agle do T20 WC tak hai to current hitting ability se matlab hai...

Jadeja se to ipl men aaj hitting hui nahin and 126 is still not a good s.r sundar atleast has a good s.r in international . Jadeja neither in ipl or international or t20. Jadeja has played so many bad knocks in ipl that its easy to count good one.

9 minutes ago, Cricspin said:

yep, Buttler wicket was the most important in this match.

I think Jadeja should get some chances up the order for CSK to see how he does with the bat when there is more time.

His contributions in the field are very important to ignore. 

This is about his utility for the Indian side at no.7. So far there are no indications he is no.7 batsman. He cannot bat higher up in the Indian side

2 minutes ago, Majestic said:

In IPL 2020, Jadeja's strike rate was 172. For Sundar, it was 116.

After shahjah knock he got in form. So there is always a pattern be it aus knock or last ipl. 

Let him get a good score in this ipl after that notice he ll get in a flow untill its distrupted with few lack of opportunity

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Of he is coming from good scores which at 7 is hardly possible

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Jadeja se to ipl men aaj hitting hui nahin and 126 is still not a good s.r sundar atleast has a good s.r in international . Jadeja neither in ipl or international or t20. Jadeja has played so many bad knocks in ipl that its easy to count good one.

Jadeja has S/R of 165 and for Sundar, it is 112 in IPL 2020 and 2021 combined.

165 is magnificent and 112 is awful.

50 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

This is about his utility for the Indian side at no.7. So far there are no indications he is no.7 batsman. He cannot bat higher up in the Indian side

4 is the number....i want TM to try it. Make pant open 

1. Jadeja at 4 will keep a leftie between Kl n kohli so their leg spinner issue can be handled. 

2. He ll keep left right going. 

3. Peak of his batting power shud be used. 

4. He ll get time to get his eye in. 

But its an out of box idea....i knw TM wnt ponder over. Guys like sundar , jaddu who doesnt have the power of pandya or pollard shud bat lil high coz that can accelerate better when set

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

4 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Jadeja has S/R of 165 and for Sundar, it is 112 in IPL 2020 and 2021 combined.

165 is magnificent and 112 is awful.

His overall s.r is 126...ab jaisa marzi filter laga do suit krne ke liye. Reality to yahi uski last good innings bhi tab aayi hai when he came in sooner 

Jadeja has lots of intangibles which his competitors don't. His fielding is phenomenal, can swing matches alone. He has tonnes of experience and the knack of performing at big stages. Also brings a certain energy to the field which others don't. 

The team has invested in him a lot over the years, with fairly good dividend. You don't just junk an established International player in middle of his purple patch. 

Edited by AuxiliA