Jump to content
SK_IH

Ravi Jadeja - The Indian all rounder & probable no.7-Performance tracker

Recommended Posts

Presumably, Jadeja is going to be part of main XI in the T20 WC. He is likely to slotted at no.7, sandwiched between Hardik & Shardul. Much of renewed hopes on his batting abilities have come due to improved performances since last IPL. 

Let's keep a tab on his performances this year to see whether it was a false dawn or there is actual evolution.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Game 1

Scored 26 of 17. It looks okayish on paper but if you consider he was 8 of 2 balls, he scored only 18 of last 15 balls, that is downright disgraceful & not good enough. 

Bowled only two overs, was decent in those two overs but was probably under bowled dye to presence of Dhawan & Pant .

 

May pass this ordinary performance as he is coming back from injury but hopefully this is not a start of trend again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jaddu is far superior compared to krunal & Axar in batting but falls short on bowling front.  Axar is too good & krunal is decent as well.  But I think expect TM to back him for WT20.  Tewatia is the ultimate dark horse here.   If he can have another useful IPl then then Jaddu's spot is under threat..  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing with Jadeja is he gives you valuable runs on field as well.

 

If he maintains the hitting ability as he did last year in IPL and Australia series, then I will have him in my side. Sundar doesn't have any hitting ability and he is worse batsman than Thakur in T20 cricket for that position. So, Jadeja is still our best bet.

Edited by Majestic
Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like Jaddu but prefer him in Test and ODI. He's not needed for T20I.

 

Let him play the IPL for T20 money and then serve India for other formats.

 

The problem is we are not having clearly superior prospects for the no.7 slot who can bowl 4 overs and be good in the field so that you don't have to hide him.

 

Axar, Krunal, Sundar and anyone as such are cases that can be argued for and against. This is why Jaddu manages to find a spot. 

 

I need a combo of Jaddu fielding, Axar bring and Krunal batting in one player.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Majestic said:

The thing with Jadeja is he gives you valuable runs on field as well.

 

If he maintains the hitting ability as he did last year in IPL and Australia series, then I will have him in my side. Sundar doesn't have any hitting ability and he is worse batsman than Thakur in T20 cricket for that position. So, Jadeja is still our best bet.

In aus series he got time to get in , his biggest problem has been hitting from ball 1 when he doesnt have time to get in. 

Sundar doesnt have hitting ability ??? What ? 

His ability us as good as jaddu , much better then jaddu was at his age .

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

In aus series he got time to get in , his biggest problem has been hitting from ball 1 when he doesnt have time to get in. 

Sundar doesnt have hitting ability ??? What ? 

His ability us as good as jaddu , much better then jaddu was at his age .

Yes, he doesn't have any hitting ability. Last year I recall he was sent ahead of ABDV  in Punjab game because management thought that AB is not capable of surviving Bishnoi and Murugwan and we saw how slow was Sundar. Can you even recall any of his T20 inning where he did proper hitting and got to 30 off 15 or something.

 

For Jadeja( the current version), I recall one of the games in Australia and last year in IPL also. Will post that.

Edited by Majestic
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2021 at 3:04 PM, Majestic said:

Yes, he doesn't have any hitting ability. Last year I recall he was sent ahead of ABDV  in Punjab game because management thought that AB is not capable of surviving Bishnoi and Murugwan and we saw how slow was Sundar. Can you even recall any of his T20 inning where he did proper hitting and got to 30 off 15 or something.

 

For Jadeja( the current version), I recall one of the games in Australia and last year in IPL also. Will post that.

wo khela kitna hai ??? aur Jadeja 10 saal hagga hai 

If u pick his IPL detailed batting ull see 1*, 3*, 5*

he has made a 35 in 19 against MI 

 

Ahead of AB everyone wud look **** but his hitting talent is way better then jaddu , only that jaddu is far more experienced in evolved. Jaddu, Sundar, Axar none arent t20 powerhitter as they all need a bit of time but comparing these 3....jaddu has just played a lot of international and hence evolved had other 2 done same they wud have evolved better in terms of batting .

 

Current version, current verison....go n see what worked for current version 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2021 at 3:13 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

wo khela kitna hai ??? aur Jadeja 10 saal hagga hai 

If u pick his IPL detailed batting ull see 1*, 3*, 5*

he has made a 35 in 19 against MI 

 

Ahead of AB everyone wud look **** but his hitting talent is way better then jaddu , only that jaddu is far more experienced in evolved. Jaddu, Sundar, Axar none are t20 powerhitter as they all need a bit of time but comparing these 3....jaddu has just played a lot of international and hence evolved had other 2 done same they wud have evolved better in terms of batting .

 

Current version, current verison....go n see what worked for current version 

Sir Ravindra Jadeja has won us a Champions Trophy in 2013, that's not hagna.. Uske baad se toh waise v koi trophy Kisi ne Nahi jitaya hai hume..

 

Sir Ravindra Jadeja is worth his place in our team purely as a fielder only. He is the greatest all-round fielder of all time – absolutely sensational at every aspect of fielding and in every position. He is someone who can produce something spectacular at any given moment and turn the match on its head and uplift his teammates. He is beyond stats and numbers.

 

In contrast, Sundar has played 39 IPL matches and played only one half decent knock with bat which was 35 of 19 Vs RR. Aside of that, he doesn't have a decent knock with bat in T20s. He is not your like for like replacement of Jadeja.

 

Develop Karo Sundar ko mana Nahi Kar rahe but uska MATLAB ye Nahi ki 10 Saal jisko develop Kiya hai aur ab fruit lene ka time hai to use drop kardo. Agla World T20 iss Saal hai isliye focus on current version, 10 Saal baad wala tournament baad me dekhege.

 

I repeat again, Sundar's hitting skill right now is nowhere near Jadeja's hitting skill, Sundar ko toh Shardul se v upar batting v nahi mili T20s me avi.

 

 

 

Edited by Majestic
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...