Ravi Jadeja - The Indian all rounder & probable no.7-Performance tracker

SK_IH

Presumably, Jadeja is going to be part of main XI in the T20 WC. He is likely to slotted at no.7, sandwiched between Hardik & Shardul. Much of renewed hopes on his batting abilities have come due to improved performances since last IPL. 

Let's keep a tab on his performances this year to see whether it was a false dawn or there is actual evolution.

Game 1

Scored 26 of 17. It looks okayish on paper but if you consider he was 8 of 2 balls, he scored only 18 of last 15 balls, that is downright disgraceful & not good enough. 

Bowled only two overs, was decent in those two overs but was probably under bowled dye to presence of Dhawan & Pant .

May pass this ordinary performance as he is coming back from injury but hopefully this is not a start of trend again.

I hve never been convinced by him as a t20 player

• Krunal n Axar are better t20 bowlers then as its a completely different skill
  • I still dont think he can hit from ball 1 most days, when he has spend a bit of time then he can but t20 at 7 wont allow u time unless ur in to bat from 13-15 overs

Jaddu is far superior compared to krunal & Axar in batting but falls short on bowling front.  Axar is too good & krunal is decent as well.  But I think expect TM to back him for WT20.  Tewatia is the ultimate dark horse here.   If he can have another useful IPl then then Jaddu's spot is under threat..  

The thing with Jadeja is he gives you valuable runs on field as well.

If he maintains the hitting ability as he did last year in IPL and Australia series, then I will have him in my side. Sundar doesn't have any hitting ability and he is worse batsman than Thakur in T20 cricket for that position. So, Jadeja is still our best bet.

Edited by Majestic

4 hours ago, Majestic said:

The thing with Jadeja is he gives you valuable runs on field as well.

If he maintains the hitting ability as he did last year in IPL and Australia series, then I will have him in my side. Sundar doesn't have any hitting ability and he is worse batsman than Thakur in T20 cricket for that position. So, Jadeja is still our best bet.

In aus series he got time to get in , his biggest problem has been hitting from ball 1 when he doesnt have time to get in. 

Sundar doesnt have hitting ability ??? What ? 

His ability us as good as jaddu , much better then jaddu was at his age .

9 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

In aus series he got time to get in , his biggest problem has been hitting from ball 1 when he doesnt have time to get in. 

Sundar doesnt have hitting ability ??? What ? 

His ability us as good as jaddu , much better then jaddu was at his age .

Yes, he doesn't have any hitting ability. Last year I recall he was sent ahead of ABDV  in Punjab game because management thought that AB is not capable of surviving Bishnoi and Murugwan and we saw how slow was Sundar. Can you even recall any of his T20 inning where he did proper hitting and got to 30 off 15 or something.

For Jadeja( the current version), I recall one of the games in Australia and last year in IPL also. Will post that.

Edited by Majestic

On 4/12/2021 at 3:04 PM, Majestic said:

Yes, he doesn't have any hitting ability. Last year I recall he was sent ahead of ABDV  in Punjab game because management thought that AB is not capable of surviving Bishnoi and Murugwan and we saw how slow was Sundar. Can you even recall any of his T20 inning where he did proper hitting and got to 30 off 15 or something.

For Jadeja( the current version), I recall one of the games in Australia and last year in IPL also. Will post that.

wo khela kitna hai ??? aur Jadeja 10 saal hagga hai 

If u pick his IPL detailed batting ull see 1*, 3*, 5*

he has made a 35 in 19 against MI 

Ahead of AB everyone wud look **** but his hitting talent is way better then jaddu , only that jaddu is far more experienced in evolved. Jaddu, Sundar, Axar none arent t20 powerhitter as they all need a bit of time but comparing these 3....jaddu has just played a lot of international and hence evolved had other 2 done same they wud have evolved better in terms of batting .

Current version, current verison....go n see what worked for current version 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

On 4/12/2021 at 3:13 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

wo khela kitna hai ??? aur Jadeja 10 saal hagga hai 

If u pick his IPL detailed batting ull see 1*, 3*, 5*

he has made a 35 in 19 against MI 

Ahead of AB everyone wud look **** but his hitting talent is way better then jaddu , only that jaddu is far more experienced in evolved. Jaddu, Sundar, Axar none are t20 powerhitter as they all need a bit of time but comparing these 3....jaddu has just played a lot of international and hence evolved had other 2 done same they wud have evolved better in terms of batting .

Current version, current verison....go n see what worked for current version 

Sir Ravindra Jadeja has won us a Champions Trophy in 2013, that's not hagna.. Uske baad se toh waise v koi trophy Kisi ne Nahi jitaya hai hume..

Sir Ravindra Jadeja is worth his place in our team purely as a fielder only. He is the greatest all-round fielder of all time – absolutely sensational at every aspect of fielding and in every position. He is someone who can produce something spectacular at any given moment and turn the match on its head and uplift his teammates. He is beyond stats and numbers.

In contrast, Sundar has played 39 IPL matches and played only one half decent knock with bat which was 35 of 19 Vs RR. Aside of that, he doesn't have a decent knock with bat in T20s. He is not your like for like replacement of Jadeja.

Develop Karo Sundar ko mana Nahi Kar rahe but uska MATLAB ye Nahi ki 10 Saal jisko develop Kiya hai aur ab fruit lene ka time hai to use drop kardo. Agla World T20 iss Saal hai isliye focus on current version, 10 Saal baad wala tournament baad me dekhege.

I repeat again, Sundar's hitting skill right now is nowhere near Jadeja's hitting skill, Sundar ko toh Shardul se v upar batting v nahi mili T20s me avi.

Edited by Majestic

3 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Sir Ravindra Jadeja has won us a Champions Trophy in 2013, that's not hagna.. Uske baad se toh waise v koi trophy Kisi ne Nahi jitaya hai hume..

Sir Ravindra Jadeja is worth his place in our team purely as a fielder only. He is the greatest all-round fielder of all time – absolutely sensational at every aspect of fielding and in every position. He is someone who can produce something spectacular at any given moment and turn the match on its head and uplift his teammates. He is beyond stats and numbers.

In contrast, Sundar has played 39 IPL matches and played only one half decent knock with bat which was 35 of 19 Vs RR. Aside of that, he doesn't have a decent knock with bat in T20s. He is not your like for like replacement of Jadeja.

Develop Karo Sundar ko mana Nahi Kar rahe but uska MATLAB ye Nahi ki 10 Saal jisko develop Kiya hai aur ab fruit lene ka time hai to use drop kardo. Agla World T20 iss Saal hai isliye focus on current version, 10 Saal baad wala tournament baad me dekhege.

I repeat again, Sundar's hitting skill right now is nowhere near Jadeja's hitting skill, Sundar ko toh Shardul se v upar batting v nahi mili T20s me avi.

Talking of past in context of hitting ability ye kya logic. 

Hitting ability ki baat ho rahi hai to wo karo. Pandya doesnt have a ct still his hitting ability is miles ahead. Usme CT kaha se aa gaya.

Jadeja struggled to hit from ball 1 a very well established fact which is why he failed at 7. He can only hit when he is set. Sundar is comparitvely better and so is sam curran to isme ct 2013 kaha se aa gaya. Even krunal n axar are better hitter from ball 1, ha once jaddu is set he is far evolved then others. In t20 u dnt get time to get ur eye in.