Is there any excuse for our fast bowlers not adding semblance of batting skills?

18 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Curran is not a fast bowler. Cummins is an alrounder. Holder is an alrounder.  Archer and Jamieson yes genuine bowlers who bat well.

Isn't Archer an all-rounder as well? I mean if you look at his stats across all formats, their is nothing batting worthy, but when he was first introduced to the cricket community back in 18 , he was said to be a bowling all rounder with proper batting skills. 

From what I've seen he seems to just be a bowler who can slog and power hit a few shots. That's it. 

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

Cummins, Archer, Holder, Rabada, Curran, Jamieson all can swing the bat around. We have nobody other than Thakur can do that. But Thakur will compensate with his bowling. They don't run fast. They don't even middle.

On the same note should we ask batsmen like kohli, rohit, dhawan, pujara to bowl as well ? 

20 minutes ago, gattaca said:

On the same note should we ask batsmen like kohli, rohit, dhawan, pujara to bowl as well ? 

Yes. We had Tendulkar/Raina/Yuvraj/Sehwag for 2011 world cup all of whom could bowl. CUrrent bunch if a bunch of one-dimensional players. NOt like they are electric on the field. Kohli for his athleticism drops more catches than the worst fielders.

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Yes. We had Tendulkar/Raina/Yuvraj/Sehwag for 2011 world cup all of whom could bowl. CUrrent bunch if a bunch of one-dimensional players. NOt like they are electric on the field. Kohli for his athleticism drops more catches than the worst fielders.

He needs to be slapped. Kohli acts like he is above everybody. Narcissistic dweeb. 

Zero excuse for not being able to bat. You are a professional athlete. *ing train your batting skills too.

Number 11 and 10 can be excused but everyone else needs to know how to bat or at least defend and slog a few. 

Shami and bumrah are excused. No one else. Even Shami used to slog before. Umesh can slog a few. Shami needs to work on dealing with bouncers, learn to defend well and just out bat on ball. 

Forget batting skills, KKR bowlers showed extremely poor match awareness yesterday. Nagarkoti went for a glory shot in the first ball he faced, instead of turning the strike over to Cummins. Varun was calling no for the second instead of running in full tilt and got himself out. Prasidh did  the same. At least one of them had used their brains, KKR might have won yesterday.

22 hours ago, I6MTW said:

Isn't Archer an all-rounder as well? I mean if you look at his stats across all formats, their is nothing batting worthy, but when he was first introduced to the cricket community back in 18 , he was said to be a bowling all rounder with proper batting skills. 

From what I've seen he seems to just be a bowler who can slog and power hit a few shots. That's it. 

yeah from what i see i class him as a fast bowler who is effective with bat contributions - so can be considered as a success against the dud batting from Shami Bumrah and gang we are used to see. 

Cummins and Curran and Holder are different i am sure their genesis as players was different - they had skill with bat and ball , fair to compare them with returns of Hardik,Ashwin,Jadeja and gang.