Cheteshwar Pujara seems to have lost ablity to play well on the backfoot, says Dale Steyn

Just now, prudent_kreeda said:

What i saw from KL & Rohit so far in real swinging conditions this series  is something i never expected .

If these 2 can make these changes , i see even Gill will also sort his issue out . 

He has the height  & Reach like KL and he should bring some of the play of KL into his game i.e  Come more on front foot , use a good reach and develop off side drives/defence. He is pretty good in back foot and also vs short stuff. He may have to reduce his back lift a bit and play with a forward trigger and may be use short arm jab for shorter balls to start with as he will have lower backlift . I  expect bowlers trying to attack him with full pitched balls seaming going forward too. Making change in style as above mentioned should help him even outside Eng. 

Once he overcomes current issue , then its just bringing  a balance between this  front footed play and his old back foot play .

yup gill will find a way he is a special player , he ll learn with failures like these guys did . Like these 2 gill also doesnt have a short ball problem which in itself is always a huge relief overseas 

20 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

What i saw from KL & Rohit so far in real swinging conditions this series  is something i never expected .

Two things - RGS is arguably in the best state of mind he's ever been in tests, also in great form. To a lesser extent the same goes for KL.

Secondly  these pitches aren't as bad as the ones in 2018 - yes that's a fact, although it's just the second match if you compare the first two tests from our last tour there's a world of difference in Conditions, teams & probably even balls. No not those :cantstop:

On 8/13/2021 at 12:42 AM, R!TTER said:

Two things - RGS is arguably in the best state of mind he's ever been in tests, also in great form. To a lesser extent the same goes for KL.

Secondly  these pitches aren't as bad as the ones in 2018 - yes that's a fact, although it's just the second match if you compare the first two tests from our last tour there's a world of difference in Conditions, teams & probably even balls. No not those :cantstop:

Only Lords was more difficult last time.