Vikram - Kamal Hassan+ Fahaad Faasil + Vijay sethupathi

Ankit_sharma03

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

Also I think Kamal is one of the few guys who is known as an actors actor too even in  Hollywood film circles.

Quentin Tarantino used the anime idea for a scene in Kill Bill from one of Kamal Hassan’s movies where he plays a pshyco and I remember reading some where that Tom Hanks called his performance as an autistic man in Swathi Muthyam as one of the influences for Forrest Gump. The 2nd one I can’t validate but the Quentin Tarantino one is pretty well known.

Yes. He constantly tried to take the industry to the level often criticized for it as well as he interfered too much with directors. But his top performance came in drama movies like in Mahanathi when he finds his daughter in brothel house after years of search.

Having said that it’s sad to see Kamal Hassan the buffoon  when it comes to politics. Great actors need to maintain some mystique about them like Daniel Day Lewis etc, I won’t be able to look at Kamal the same way as much as a genius he was in film making/acting seeing him as a politician

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Yes. He constantly tried to take the industry to the level often criticized for it as well as he interfered too much with directors. But his top performance came in drama movies like in Mahanathi when he finds his daughter in brothel house after years of search.

I hate that movie :(( because of how hard hitting it is ,makes sadma seems like a happy fun movie in comparison.

Edited by maniac

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Having said that it’s sad to see Kamal Hassan the buffoon  when it comes to politics. Great actors need to maintain some mystique about them like Daniel Day Lewis etc, I won’t be able to look at Kamal the same way as much as a genius he was in film making/acting seeing him as a politician

agree, a lot of actors I like turn out to hypocritical irrational a’holes , like Prakash Raj, Siddharth

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Have u seen their work ?? If yes, fine we can agree to disagree but if u havent then may be u shud see their work n form n opinion

She might have seen Indian (Hindustani) ,Dasavatharam etc and Sagar probably. Even though Kamal was amazing in it he did get matched or even outperformed  by Rishi Kapoor in some scenes.

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

Even Chiranjeevi, a decent actor, was an utter failure as a politician. Lost respect from the public. 

9 hours ago, vayuu1 said:

Actually the  biggest movie would be the one maniratnam has announced, ponniyan selvan,the famous novel on the life of rajraja chola I.

Another director who went down the hill since Kannathil Muttamittal (still tearful whenever I see this movie). I don’t look forward or have stopped watching his movies, hyped up star director. 

Is there any news on a sequel to Vikram Vedha ? That is one movie I would go for.

1 minute ago, maniac said:

She might have seen Indian (Hindustani) ,Dasavatharam etc and Sagar probably. Even though Kamal was amazing in it he did get matched or even outperformed  by Rishi Kapoor in some scenes.

thats wrong judging someone on such small sample. 

I also have mentioned Fahaad, Sethupathi....im not sure how much of work has she seen of theirs to. 

Fahaad in these pandemic times have become popular among ppl in other region due to OTT......recently vicky kaushal n Rajkumar gave an interview where they have shown desire to work with Fahaad

N sethupathi has already signed a few films in Bollywood, He was working on Mangaram remake- Mumbai ....i went on the set and was surprised to see the reception he got. Never thought he wud have this fan following in Mumbai 

OTT will make these guys reach out more to national audience now specially Fahaad . Ill add nivin pauly to the list as well....when someone tells me SRK does romance well i say go watch Nivin pauly in premam n then tell me who does it better,

Unfortunately Kamal hassan n mohan lal didnt have OTT at their peak or else they wud have seen more reach n fan folllowing across India. Fahaad n sethupathi are lucky in that way

6 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

Even Chiranjeevi, a decent actor, was an utter failure as a politician. Lost respect from the public. 

Chiranjeevi like Rajni Kant used to be a decent actor when he started of. Now they are just caricatures and have been for a while.

Amitabh May be the only commercial superstar who reinvented himself in his 2nd/3rd innings to maintain his legacy as an acting legend 

Just now, maniac said:

Chiranjeevi like Rajni Kant used to be a decent actor when he started of. Now they are just caricatures and have been for a while.

Amitabh May be the only commercial superstar who reinvented himself in his 2nd/3rd innings to maintain his legacy as an acting legend 

Rajinikanth faltered during the 90s. Chiranjeevi during the early 00s. 

Nagarjuna was decent. Still is, I think.

Just now, maniac said:

Chiranjeevi n Rajnikanth both are more about Charisma which most superstars are actually more then just the acting 

Ill seprate these 2 from Kamal n Mohan lal, Mamooty i hve seen very lil off so cant say but many rate him 

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Sequel ka pata nhin but as usual a bollywood remake is happening with Saif n Hrithik

Hrithik doing sethupathi role and Saif - Madhavan's role

It'll be horrible. Both are poor actors. Saif is decent only in Comedy roles. And Hrithik, well he's okay, I like him, but I don't consider him to be a good actor. 

1 minute ago, I6MTW said:

Rajinikanth faltered during the 90s. Chiranjeevi during the early 00s. 

Nagarjuna was decent. Still is, I think.

Lol Nagarjuna is a terrible actor. However has a great acumen on backing exciting talent or trying new things

Just now, I6MTW said:

It'll be horrible. Both are poor actors. Saif is decent only in Comedy roles. And Hrithik, well he's okay, I like him, but I don't consider him to be a good actor. 

Decent hai dono  im actually not worried about them ....South cinema is very rooted in its making whereas bollywood is adultrated with a cocktail or foreign cinema n need to satisfy all.

Even though director is same but these things will affect them big time.

Just now, vvvslaxman said:

Dhanush though not a big fan is definitely several levels above many of the current bolly actors. He doesn't have the personality, chocolate face, bulging muscles, height. But he evokes intensity. When you have great directors you get actors. Vetrimaaran movie after movie brought the best out of Dhanush.

Dhanush, Vikram and Vijay Sethupathy are the best lead actors of the Tamil industry in the last 20 years.