Aadhar services - What's the point of calling it services

Real McCoy

11 minutes ago, bharathh said:

What does BJP/Congress have to do with the folks working on this program? Where have I talked about any political affiliation in my prev posts?

That said if your only issue with this is certain people liking its implementation - we have nothing more to discuss. Forget the US - look at the list I gave you with countries that have mandatory national IDs. I guess almost all governments are totalitarian according to you. 

You did mention RaGa :noidea: yes every govt that does this is totalitarian. we are almost there. they are already have our movement curtailed. everything leads up to them and them only.

3 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

You did mention RaGa :noidea: yes every govt that does this is totalitarian. we are almost there. they are already have our movement curtailed. everything leads up to them and them only.

I said don't be like him. 

You don't have a choice but to create your own country - like Sealand. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Sealand

Or perhaps you can join Nithyananda in Kailasa

Some "services" are listed in this article

https://thediplomat.com/2017/04/has-india-taken-its-aadhar-card-initiative-too-far/

Since late February 2017, the government has sent at least 14 notifications regarding public services that now require the Aadhar. Applications for Personal Account Number (PAN) Card are to soon require the provision of an Aadhar Card. LPG subsidies, some food subsidies, Employee Provident Funds (EPFs), some passport services, railway concessions and payments, mobile phone number verification, and possibly even attendance tracking for government employees and driving license application are all to be routed through Aadhar. The possibility of tying more welfare schemes to the Aadhar has faced significant criticism in the country; critics note the fate of similar initiatives in states like Andhra Pradesh, where the implementation of universal identity card requirements had not been smooth.

In the wake of all this, the Supreme Court of India has clearly spoken out against making welfare benefits contingent on the mandatory use of Aadhar. An earlier verdict also indicated that making Aadhar a voluntary option for welfare schemes was permissible, but to make it compulsory would disadvantage individuals. However, it has also said that it cannot stop the government from a mandatory linking of Aadhar to non-welfare activities like banking or filing tax returns.

The state’s rationale for the ever-pervasive use of the Aadhar has consistently been to grow a database that minimizes duplicity and fraud. However, this has raised concerns as well since the Aadhar database is of a size and scale that few others in India have come close to matching. Linking this database to other areas, like banking, taxation, or education records allows the government to compare, correlate, and track the transactions of individuals like never before.

So for a few subsidies, every Indian is at risk of getting tracked. As usual, it was not only for those who wanted subsidies but everyone else. And as is the case in AP, they have not done the very thing they promised to do which is providing services.

22 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Doesn't have anything related to illegal immigrants.

Read between the lines. They had security concerns earlier, the spokies say any illegal can easily get Aadhar card, Modi in his interview said the same concerns and then he said they fixed it (some vague details). His govt focus was on the Finance/Money bill that they integrated for govt schemes. We are hearing more BDs getting caught with illegal cards and some MLAs vouching for proof of persons' addresses are also caught, there is some AIMIM backed ring in MH. How are they getting caught? SOmething must have been tracked for them to be caught. 

3 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Read between the lines. They had security concerns earlier, the spokies say any illegal can easily get Aadhar card, Modi in his interview said the same concerns and then he said they fixed it (some vague details). His govt focus was on the Finance/Money bill that they integrated for govt schemes. We are hearing more BDs getting caught with illegal cards and some MLAs vouching for proof of persons' addresses are also caught, there is some AIMIM backed ring in MH. How are they getting caught? SOmething must have been tracked for them to be caught. 

:lol: Nothing changed, and opposition pre-2014 was just for the sake of opposition...I remember Anatha kumar attacking Nandan Nilekani in 2014 election saying that aadhar will be scrapped lock stock and barrel as aadhar is threat to the country etc.. They attacked the whole project for few illegal immigrants caught with aadhar...Has anything changed? No...Its just that opposition for this project was baseless, hence they continued the project in its original shape, but over a period improving the implementation..Now congress is opposing..

4 minutes ago, urbestfriend said:

:lol: Nothing changed, and opposition pre-2014 was just for the sake of opposition...I remember Anatha kumar attacking Nandan Nilekani in 2014 election saying that aadhar will be scrapped lock stock and barrel as aadhar is threat to the country etc.. They attacked the whole project for few illegal immigrants caught with aadhar...Has anything changed? No...Its just that opposition for this project was baseless, hence they continued the project in its original shape, but over a period improving the implementation..Now congress is opposing..

Arun Arora on Twitter: "Modi ji ne kiya hai.... theek hi hoga ! Seh lenge  thoda.....… "

Followers have no clue what has been done and why it has been done. 

As far as I remember Aadhar was done by Congress and new govts rarely overturn the works done by previous govts. They may make some alterations. If congress hadn't brought it, there would have been no Aadhar today and Congress leadership was influenced by CCP.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

As far as I remember Aadhar was done by Congress and new govts rarely overturn the works done by previous govts. They may make some alterations. If congress hadn't brought it, there would have been no Aadhar today and Congress leadership was influenced by CCP.

I don't think its influenced by CCP. Its a worldwide influence started by global elite and both congress and bjp are mere puppets in front of it. congress introduced aadhar but did not make it mandatory. bjp made it mandatory.

12 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

I don't think its influenced by CCP. Its a worldwide influence started by global elite and both congress and bjp are mere puppets in front of it. congress introduced aadhar but did not make it mandatory. bjp made it mandatory.

Aadhar was mandatory from the start, just not needed to link with everything.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

I am having aadhar since 2012. Even kids in school were mandated to have aadhar here in 2014.

Its not mandated everywhere. First it was introduced for people who wanted subsidies. That's how it got into the Indian consciousness. Then it was made mandatory in 17 where every single thing you want to do, they ask for aadhar. A year later, they said its useless but still want a copy of it. I'm like wtf.

43 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

I requested for address update for my Aadhar card online 1 month back. Status is still in progress. What should I do?

Can't go to aadhar centre.

forget about status and download new aadhar, see if the address got updated. If not, they would've rejected the address proof you've provided.

9 minutes ago, urbestfriend said:

forget about status and download new aadhar, see if the address got updated. If not, they would've rejected the address proof you've provided.

I downloaded new adhaar and it shows old address. 

If it's rejected, then what should I do. I had provided my voter ID as address proof.

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

I had used the bank passbook as the proof of address, it took me more than 3 months 

3 months after online application?

Worst part is that if you go to centre in Ranchi, they tell you that it will take 1 month to get it updated normally, but can be done in 1 day for 200 rupees. :facepalm:

When I was in Hyderabad, I was able to get it done in 15 mins, no questions asked.

13 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

3 months after online application?

Worst part is that if you go to centre in Ranchi, they tell you that it will take 1 month to get it updated normally, but can be done in 1 day for 200 rupees. :facepalm:

When I was in Hyderabad, I was able to get it done in 15 mins, no questions asked.

Don’t know exactly, but it took so many months via mail. I am sure there is a way to track your application to change address online. It should say whether it was accepted or rejected