Tokyo 2020 Paralympics: Record 19 medals thus far!!!! Amazing

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Do they really play rough and physical hockey?

I think me and Mariyam get that info from the same source :p:

Chak De :p:

Most of these gora teams play rough, physical hockey, Netherlands a bit less compared to others. Won't single out Argentina.

Teams that shun WWE moves in hockey are India (stick skills, tricks) and teams from East Asia who rely on speed, reflexes, agility etc. 

Don't expect Indian women to beat Arg today. Always happy to be surprised but won't have unrealistic expectations. Irrespective of how their pool finished, Arg is 2nd best side in the world, long way behind GOAT Netherlands. Aussie women I will only put at #3, they also choke regularly in big event KOs. 

Good thing for us is we have been battle-hardened from matches till now.....GBR, Ger, Aus and our opener against Netherlands where we made them work hard, 1-1 at half-time. After the Dutch challenge everything is easy in women's hockey. 

Edited by Gollum
4 hours ago, neel roy said:

Isnt it a bit dangerous. If it slips from hand it can easily impale somebody like those seen in horror movies like wrong turn, SAW. i mean if it rains it might slip..also two of these offickal guys were ambling around in the 80 m mark .. some wrong judgement of trajectory of the javeline which definitely sways in wind can be fatal .

Has happened in the past

Track And Field Official Killed By Javelin

Teacher hit by javelin dies

That's a problem with all throwing events. even hammer throws, discus throws have killed/injured officials and other athletes. 

27 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Chak De :p:

Most of these gora teams play rough, physical hockey, Netherlands a bit less compared to others. Won't single out Argentina.

Teams that shun WWE moves in hockey are India (stick skills, tricks) and teams from East Asia who rely on speed, reflexes, agility etc. 

Honestly what the hell happened to South Korea. They used to beat us often in asian games and were a constant thorn for us. Its a developed country doing so well in archery! Shooting! but cant see them in hockey. Have they regressed like pakistan ? Even cant see malaysia. I still cannot for god sake believe we lost to them in asian games 2018 sf while leading 2-1 and conceding in last min. Then in penalty shoot out we were ahead and sreejesh was saving one after the other and the forwards were missing shoots like english team misses penalties in tiebreaker in football.. and we lost..

1 minute ago, neel roy said:

Honestly what the hell happened to South Korea. They used to beat us often in asian games and were a constant thorn for us. Its a developed country doing so well in archery! Shooting! but cant see them in hockey. Have they regressed like pakistan ? Even cant see malaysia. I still cannot for god sake believe we lost to them in asian games 2018 sf while leading 2-1 and conceding in last min. Then in penalty shoot out we were ahead and sreejesh was saving one after the other and the forwards were missing shoots like english team misses penalties in tiebreaker in football.. and we lost..

South Korea was a top side 10-20 years back. Used to dominate us back then with their speed and counter-attacks, now nowhere to be seen. 

Malaysia is still a good side, second best in Asia and unlucky to miss out on Olympics qualification. A bogey side for us the last 5-6 years but in Asian Games 2018 we were robbed. 

Malaysian GK is a Tamil dude, some Subramaniam, that asshole always peaks against us. One of the best in the world but against India he goes a step beyond his usual level. 

31 minutes ago, Gollum said:

South Korea was a top side 10-20 years back. Used to dominate us back then with their speed and counter-attacks, now nowhere to be seen. 

Malaysia is still a good side, second best in Asia and unlucky to miss out on Olympics qualification. A bogey side for us the last 5-6 years but in Asian Games 2018 we were robbed. 

Malaysian GK is a Tamil dude, some Subramaniam, that asshole always peaks against us. One of the best in the world but against India he goes a step beyond his usual level. 

Sunil of all people missed if i m not wrong.. it was heartstopping .. I switched off tv:( couldnt take it any more after 5th shoot.. then i switched on and saw that gk u mentioned running n jumping