Tokyo 2020 Paralympics: Record 19 medals thus far!!!! Amazing

12 minutes ago, maniac said:

^ I also heard the Indian table tennis is team is the best ranked they have been in a while. 

What are our chances in field hockey?

A decent chance :pray:. We have beaten all the top sides recently. Plus they are perhaps the fittest team we have had. Play at the same intensity right through. Now, it's all about dodging any last minute goals (which we haven't since 2018 Asian Games)

Every 4 year, I sincerely follow Olympics, Asian Games and Commonwealth games and cricket takes backseat for me in those 2-3 weeks.

This year will not be different and will be cheering for our men/women and following their performance.

If we get 10+ medals, it will be historic and may motivate many future champions.

2 hours ago, deepdynamo said:

Every 4 year, I sincerely follow Olympics, Asian Games and Commonwealth games and cricket takes backseat for me in those 2-3 weeks.

This year will not be different and will be cheering for our men/women and following their performance.

If we get 10+ medals, it will be historic and may motivate many future champions.

What's the maximum medals we have won in one Olympics and maximum gold at one?

14 hours ago, New guy said:

What's the maximum medals we have won in one Olympics and maximum gold at one?

2012 Olympic was our best ever with 6 medals ( 2 silver and 4 bronze).

2016 Olympics - 1 silver and 1 bronze

We never won more than one gold ever in any Olympic . We were dominant in Hockey from 1930's to 1960's  and also won Gold in 1980. Overall we won 8 Hockey gold.

In 2008 Olympic, Abhinav Bindra won the first individual Gold medal in shooting.

In total, we have won 28 medals in our Olympic history.

screenshoteasy.png

6 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

I missed adding Mirabai Chanu, lone weightlifter. Is a medal prospect as well but due to a shoulder injury doesn't do as well in Snatch as she does in clean and jerk.

Overall the advantage for Chanu is the two top weightlifters In her category are 2 chinese and as per norms only 1 can participate. So she is odds on at least for bronze. In 2016 she was our biggest hope but she faltered and didnt achiebe even have a single lift which was disappointing..

5 hours ago, Vickydev said:

He is not really a medal prospect in my mind. He is someway off the best

With his best throw this year he would have won silver in 2016. He is the only Indian athelete who is consistent. He has consistently done over 85. In olympics thats what matters.. if he throws 87 he is sure shot medal prospect..

1 hour ago, neel roy said:

With his best throw this year he would have won silver in 2016. He is the only Indian athelete who is consistent. He has consistently done over 85. In olympics thats what matters.. if he throws 87 he is sure shot medal prospect..

Correction: Bronze

He has to throw as good as his PB only then he stands a chance. His competiters are very very good this time including the defending champ who is just way too strong.

1 hour ago, Vickydev said:

Correction: Bronze

He has to throw as good as his PB only then he stands a chance. His competiters are very very good this time including the defending champ who is just way too strong.

You are right. His PB is 88.04 whereas in 2016 the silver was 88.24. So its a tough field. Only consolation is Thomas Rohler, reigning Olympic champion in men’s javelin throw have pulled out of Tokyo Games..