Rohit Sharma and Mark Waugh comparison

Both are touted to be the talent of the generation, play strokes with lazy elegance, have the reputation of not working hard enough which people blame on their talent, and always have time to play their shots. They are slow starters in ODIs with the potential to up the scoring rate and crack big centuries once they get going. Obviously their technique is different but they are much easier on the eye than their compatriots like Pujara and Steve Waugh even though statistically they have accomplished less in tests. Trust me I would watch Rohit and junior over paint drying stuff batting of pujara and s waugh

Can’t compare Pujara with S.Waugh. His innings vs SA in WC 1999 with Aus on the cusp of being knocked out is one of the greatest odi knocks I have seen. Again “I have seen” being the keyword. The famous You’ve dropped the World Cup maite to Gibbs match 

49 minutes ago, maniac said:

Can’t compare Pujara with S.Waugh. His innings vs SA in WC 1999 with Aus on the cusp of being knocked out is one of the greatest odi knocks I have seen. Again “I have seen” being the keyword. The famous You’ve dropped the World Cup maite to Gibbs match 

I was comparing the tests when I made that comparison. Even S Waugh would bash his head on the wall if he heard he was compared with Pujara. Its the boring batting styles of both in tests that have been effective. S Waugh is a different animal in ODIs. There are many in the aussie forums who consider waugh as a stats padder and boring.

Steve Waugh was a legend, comparable to the likes of Dravid and Sachin. Please don't insult him by comparing Pujara with him.

Mark Waugh and Rohit are absolutely breathtaking to watch but the former has accomplished a lot more in tournaments and test matches compared the the latter. But credit to Rohit, he also has some outstanding achievements in ODIs.