Manchester Stats

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

would you pass up the opportunity for multi-million paydays?  Come on now, why shouldn't they take their shot.  They are competitors, why wouldn't they back themselves and have the self-belief that they can deliver in IPL?  

Play at home in luxury and get paid mega $$$, or go overseas for pennies while eating microwave 'Indian' food - which option would you take?  

Unrealistic expectations.  

Doing it for a couple of seasons for the experience is fair enough, asking them to do it perpetually is OTT.

Exactly this. People need to stop complaining about top players deciding to play IPL. All of you would if given the choice. It's a premier competition. Big bucks is available in IPL unlike county. 

Just now, Adamant said:

Tendulkar couldn't even dream of 500 let alone 780.

I dont think He is not on smith's level. Although Tendulkar never played with Indians world class ATG level bowling attack. 

I guarantee he would do better than kohli with our brilliant Attack to support him. 

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

I dont think He is not on smith's level. Although Tendulkar never played with Indians world class ATG level bowling attack. 

I guarantee he would do better than kohli with our brilliant Attack to support him. 

No, no

In cricket a batsman plays bowlers from opponents team. 

11 minutes ago, Adamant said:

No, no

In cricket a batsman plays bowlers from opponents team. 

You don't get it. Good bowling attacks can allow batsmen to dictate terms. 

They can restrict runs and bowl teams out cheaply. Tendulkar can then play long attrition cricket to wear opposition out with confidence. They would also induce more rest time and keep the team fresh with ample rest due to the ability to bowl teams out for cheap scores. 

Edited by Jay
5 minutes ago, Jay said:

You don't get it. Good bowling attacks can allow batsmen to dictate terms. 

They can restrict runs and bowl teams out cheaply. Tendulkar can then play long attrition cricket to wear opposition out with confidence. They would also induce more rest time and keep the team fresh with ample rest due to the ability to bowl teams out for cheap scores. 

He himself In his mind knows SRT is many times talented & skilled that Chokli but won't admit.  Let him live his dream pls:pepsi:

28 minutes ago, The Realist said:

So its like a final?

Kohli will certainly lose then, starting with the toss and compounded with poor team selections and dodgy captaincy.

I fear Eng will come hard and the brittle middle order will fail yet again with no lower order bail-out this time. Kohli always chokes when a trophy is within range.

Game is almost 50-50.  Root isn't a very bright captain & both teams have flaws.  Eng will probably leave out YJB to get Buttler in & Wood in for Overton..  Both changes India won't mind. 

Brittle middle order needs 1 change for Ind at least..  Rahane has to go hopefully 

10 hours ago, jalebi_bhai said:

What I don't understand with guys like Rahane and Pujara is that why they still bother with IPL. They have zero chances in LOI so why not focus on county and heck, even top level club cricket in other SENA countries? These guys have made enough money so it can't be a job security issue.

Rohit, KL, Kohli and Pant are 3 format players, so it's understandable they will take a game or two to adjust between formats.

The money in IPL is free, which makes it so attractive for Rahane and Pujara to play.