China’s embattled developer Evergrande is on the brink of default !!!

velu

debt is a funny thing. if you default a few thousand, you're a bad person and a freeloader to the society. If you default in billions, banks consider you as an asset and bail you out :phehe: We live in bizarro world. too big to fail is a funny concept. think big is a concept that can be applied here. I call it fail big :laugh: those who made it (i.e failed) big in India are mallya and nirav modi. and our FM tries to implement the bail-in clause :facepalm:

Speaking to my Chinese friends, its still uncertain how much of this is the economy and how much of this is the govt. As much as Amazon has pushed frameworks of business management, Chinese govt has quiet literally changed the framework of managing a country. Simulation and strategy games like Age of Empires etc is tailor made for them. They control all the levers and they can simulate for second and third order effects, unlike no other nation. Quiet frankly, its an unbeatable team. 

16 hours ago, velu said:

in 300 billion dollar debt :woot: 

Indias external debt is close to 600 billion usd only :lol: 

too big fail kind of company i guess

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/17/china-developer-evergrande-debt-crisis-bond-default-and-investor-risks.html

Most of it is likely owned by Chinese institutions themselves, no big deal if CCP really wants to save them!

1 hour ago, ravishingravi said:

Quiet frankly, its an unbeatable team. 

Well not quite, take most of US & western tech then China is no better than India really! The problem for the West is that they've invested so much IP & of course $$$ that they can't back out of China now - not to mention the economies of scale & rare earths - which China produces more than any other nation on earth is a deadly combo they can't run away from. Oh did I mention stolen IP :whack2:

Chip biz responds to analyst's 'semiconductor heist of the century' take

3 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

debt is a funny thing. if you default a few thousand, you're a bad person and a freeloader to the society. If you default in billions, banks consider you as an asset and bail you out :phehe: We live in bizarro world. too big to fail is a funny concept. think big is a concept that can be applied here. I call it fail big :laugh: those who made it (i.e failed) big in India are mallya and nirav modi. and our FM tries to implement the bail-in clause :facepalm:

even pakistan havingbankruptcy laws from 1970s if i am not wrong 

1 hour ago, R!TTER said:

Well not quite, take most of US & western tech then China is no better than India really! The problem for the West is that they've invested so much IP & of course $$$ that they can't back out of China now - not to mention the economies of scale & rare earths - which China produces more than any other nation on earth is a deadly combo they can't run away from. Oh did I mention stolen IP :whack2:

Chip biz responds to analyst's 'semiconductor heist of the century' take

Yeah, but due credit to them. The colonist make the rules and like brown sepoy we follow it. For what ? Were IP rules framed with consensus ? Its essentially the western powers to be who decided the rules of the game. Fair play to China. They have created an absolute asymmetry and have created the necessary hedge across the world to essentially ensure a complete world domination in years to come. As I see it only they cam sabotage it now.