Umran Malik - 150 kph Indian pace sensation

Texan

26 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

That can be said about your waqar as well

Even in his last days in the game Srinath was comfortably quicker than both wasim waqar

Mohammad Zahid, the phasstestest ever bowler...recorded speed don't even know if he was ever recorded. Lara said he was the fastest, that's all is needed. Similar validation about others for pace of Indian bowlers doesn't matter though.

2 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

The BCCI has a zero-tolerance for age fraud in cricket and has a dedicated 24X7 helpline (9820556566 / 9136694499) for anyone to report age fraud.

https://www.bcci.tv/articles/2020/news/147336/bcci-adopts-additional-measures-to-tackle-age-and-domicile-fraud-in-cricket

Will wait to hear from you regarding your complaint on the said helpline. Do keep us posted.

Can I report kohli? Dude is definitely atleast 36 37 pretending to be 32. 

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

I think he can be either genuine or max 1 year here or there.  Any kind of identity fraud is tough to pull off in J&K.  Even in schools you can get away with only 1 year max in terms of age fraud there.  Further BCCI has gone very strict with this.   Irfan & Parvez Rasool have monitored him closely in these last few years..  Rasool said he was a 140 kph bowler 1-2 year ago & only recently he has increased his pace.  

Bro, one of my club mate played j&k u19 a few years back and was at least 24 years of age then. He did well at u19 and got selected for Ranji trophy on that basis but failed there. Even in Uttarakhand, it's so predominant, over age cricketers depriving actual age players from playing. 33 year old playing u25. 

3 hours ago, Mesky99 said:

Srinath has never hit 157 kph

From Wikipedia ....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javagal_Srinath

2 excerpts below from the above link are as follows ....

"Srinath I think, bowled the quickest than any of our guys had ever seen. He bowled a really quick spell early on, even quicker than Allan Donald; he was timed at 157 km/h, a good 10 km/h faster than Donald was bowling throughout the tournament. Grant Flower was hit on the thigh pad, and when he came off he said he thought he had broken his leg"

His fastest recorded ball was 157 kilometres per hour (98 mph). Srinath was India's only regular fast bowler for many years "

Edited by express bowling
2 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Maybe because you accused him of age fraud. The helpline is for reporting all age frauds not just for age group cricket. As an 'expert', you wouldn't want cricket to be clean?

Age is only a concern for me if playing age group cricket. I talked about age just for his bowling and improvement in future. 3-4 years of age difference makes a huge difference in growth chart as a bowler. Look at the likes of Praveen Kumar and RP Singh. Great examples of understating their age.

9 minutes ago, Jay said:

Can I report kohli? Dude is definitely atleast 36 37 pretending to be 32. 

Even Dhoni who is around 45 in real.  Dhoni is coming to Dehradun to play since mid to late 90s. Lot of the Indian players used to play at rangers ground in Dehradun. 

27 minutes ago, Mesky99 said:

Goodness me a single comment regarding srinaths pace and again indirectly I get called a Pakistani, I don't care about waqar, why are some of you lads so sensitive and jingoistic regarding pace and Indian bowlers? Chill, anyway I stand by my opinion Srinath was never that quick, ankola was a yard quicker and much stronger

Janab  ap bakhuda behad mazakiya hai:wp23:

22 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Even Dhoni who is around 45 in real.  Dhoni is coming to Dehradun to play since mid to late 90s. Lot of the Indian players used to play at rangers ground in Dehradun. 

He studied at DAV Javahar Vidya Mandir ,Shyamli, Ranchi, from Nursery till class 12th (from 1986-1999). So, you mean to say he was 10 years old when he got admission in Nursery? Do you realise how absurd this is?

2 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

He studied at DAV Javahar Vidya Mandir ,Shyamli, Ranchi, from Nursery till class 12th (from 1986-1999). So, you mean to say he was 10 years old when he got admission in Nursery? Do you realise how absurd this is?

Dhoni was playing cricket in 96 in Dehradun and he wasn't 15 then. Cricketers repeat their class 10 just to reduce their age and this is a normal practice. I can talk about my own younger brother who played u19 at 24-25 years of age. Most of the cricketers in 90s, 2000s did age fraud to play age group cricket.

5 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Dhoni was playing cricket in 96 in Dehradun and he wasn't 15 then. Cricketers repeat their class 10 just to reduce their age and this is a normal practice. I can talk about my own younger brother who played u19 at 24-25 years of age. Most of the cricketers in 90s, 2000s did age fraud to play age group cricket.

Once again, do you think any school will take a 10 year old in Nursery?

Because there is an age fraud in your own family, doesn't mean everyone else is an age fraud as well.

54 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

What's so special about that ground. Why would Dhoni travel 1000 KM for playing cricket, he belonged to a middle class family.

IMG_20211013_151526.jpg

kuch-bhi-arnab.gif

Edited by Chakdephatte
15 hours ago, express bowling said:

From Wikipedia ....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javagal_Srinath

2 excerpts below from the above link are as follows ....

"Srinath I think, bowled the quickest than any of our guys had ever seen. He bowled a really quick spell early on, even quicker than Allan Donald; he was timed at 157 km/h, a good 10 km/h faster than Donald was bowling throughout the tournament. Grant Flower was hit on the thigh pad, and when he came off he said he thought he had broken his leg"

His fastest recorded ball was 157 kilometres per hour (98 mph). Srinath was India's only regular fast bowler for many years "

Not sure if you can take wikipedia as a source, ask Srinath this and even he would laugh it off, I doubt speeds were even recorded in that series, there is enough footage of that Sri series visibly he was no where near 97 mph but a yard or two still quicker than our other medium pacers.

8 minutes ago, Mesky99 said:

Not sure if you can take wikipedia as a source, ask Srinath this and even he would laugh it off, I doubt speeds were even recorded in that series, there is enough footage of that Sri series visibly he was no where near 97 mph but a yard or two still quicker than our other medium pacers.

Trust some rudimentary speed gun in New Zealand from 1995 but do not trust speed guns from SA, which being quoted here, just because there are no videos available so far :hatsoff:

2 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

What's so special about that ground. Why would Dhoni travel 1000 KM for playing cricket, he belonged to a middle class family.

IMG_20211013_151526.jpg

kuch-bhi-arnab.gif

Dhoni is Uttarakhandi. Not just Dhoni players like PK, Raina, RP used to come here to play. Regarding ground, nothing special. It's just the city that attracted them.

2 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Once again, do you think any school will take a 10 year old in Nursery?

Because there is an age fraud in your own family, doesn't mean everyone else is an age fraud as well.

If you played any club cricket, you would know the age fraud. It's so rampant. It is not just about my brother. Already gave an example of a from our club playing j&k u 19 at the age of 24 in 2014. Currently a 33 year old from our club is playing u25. There are a lot of such cases in every state at every level. You can suppose that in 90s and 2000s when age group cricket became big, almost every cricketer was over the age. 

25 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Already gave an example of a from our club playing j&k u 19 at the age of 24 in 2014. Currently a 33 year old from our club is playing u25. There are a lot of such cases in every state at every level. You can suppose that in 90s and 2000s when age group cricket became big, almost every cricketer was over the age. 

Why would these people tell you their real age, even if they did, why are revealing it on the internet? Anyway, we were talking about Umran na? How does he look 25 year old to you? In fact, all people have different faces, some look older than their age, some look younger. Best example is Prithvi Shaw. Umran looks like he has got complete beard just recently, It still has little patches. Definitely 21 or near-about.

Edited by Chakdephatte
2 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

Why would these people tell you their real age, even if they did, why are revealing it on the internet? Anyway, we were talking about Umran na? How does he look 25 year old to you? In fact, all people have different faces, some looks older than their age, some look younger. Best example is Prithvi Shaw. Umran looks like he has got complete beard just recently, I still little patches. Definitely 21 or near-about.

They didn't tell me their age. I know them last 10-12 years. We do nets together. I still go there and bowl to them. I bowled to them in the nets in 2009 and now it's 2021, 12 years since then. They are still playing age group cricket in their 30s.