SOS call to Chahal and Aksharbhai, remove some players through injury

Play to our strengths, woh spin mein hai and Chahal was an IPL beast and feared wicket taker despite loli as a Captain and RCB flopping.

My 11 v NZ

Rohit, Kishan, Kohli, Rahul, Surya, Pant, Thakur, Jaddu, Akshar, Chahal, Bumrah

Kishan to break up lines of Boult. Thakur as AR as Pandya can't bowl. No more Bhuvi as out of form and Shami was an ODI/Test ATG but T20i has an economy of 10. Jaddu and Aksharbhai dono gujju economical hai and can hit 6s at will. 

Just now, speedheat said:

Ideally it should be

Venky

Gaikwad

Kohli

Sky

Pant

Hardik/Kishan

Jadejja

Siraj

Bumrah

Shami

Varun c

Varun demystified, he's not international class imo like chahar. Shami people keep including him without checking his record just because he is an ATG in tests and odi. He's not a T20 bowler, Siraj deserves opportunity. Gaikwad is promising.

No point now. We have already lost the match that mattered the most and that too in a humiliating fashion. 

Let the same team play remaining matches. Our selectors, Jay Shah and Saurav Ganguly deserves this humiliation.

They tried too may things before this tournament - pull out of the last test to play IPL, curbing Kohli's power and forcing him to resign, creating power vaccum by bringing mentor Maahi etc.

Net result is 10 wickets phainta...lol

Everyday some sort of rumour leaking from so called dressing room sources - Ashwin complained against Kohli, Pujara & Rahane complained against Kohli, Rohit is loved more in the team. BCCI acted like PCB before this tournament.

All they needed to do after Eng tour was just go into this tournament quietly and professionally like India always does. Result would have been different.

I have never seen such toxic atmosphere from BCCI before a tournament like this time.

2 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

No point now. We have already lost the match that mattered the most and that too in a humiliating fashion. 

Let the same team play remaining matches. Our selectors, Jay Shah and Saurav Ganguly deserves this humiliation.

They tried too may things before this tournament - pull out of the last test to play IPL, curbing Kohli's power and forcing him to resign, creating power vaccum by bringing mentor Maahi etc.

Everyday some sort of rumour leaking from so called dressing room sources - Ashwin complained against Kohli, Pujara & Rahane complained against Kohli, Rohit is loved more in the team. BCCI acted like PCB before this tournament.

All they needed to do after Eng tour was just go into this tournament quietly and professionally like India always does. Result would have been different.

I have never seen such toxic atmosphere from BCCI before a tournament like this time.

Jay Shah is a yes man, disappointing to see Dada allow this corrupt favouritism culture. In some ways losing to NZ would be a positive as ensures Kohli's future as worst captain is secured. We had one of the best ranking teams in all formats for a decade on and off and he couldn't give one trophy. I agree about infighting, we are resembling PCB and days of Wasim/Waqr.

2 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

SOS to Chahal the IPL 'beast' who goes at a bowling average of 40 and ER of nearly 9 in last 3 years of international cricket? Thoda to samajh ke likho bhai. Let him play in IPL. Better to lose trying out a new spinner than the same old tripe that Chahal has got us used to

I understand but this IPL he was one of the best bowlers and a go to man for Loli. For a leggie his economy was almost under 7 and 18 wickets! The zip, spin was back. Jaddu with dew can't get much turn. We saw Shadab yesterday, good. Chahar and Varun are not international quality. Chahal has had some amazing games for India.

8 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

If i have to drop pandya ill pick kishen (pandya is playing as batsman so a batsman shud replace him)

With this combination we won't do well, we can't play 3 seamers in Bhuvi, Shami and Bumrah - 2 are rubbish and can't bat. We need to pack our batting and 4 bowlers...2 seam and 2 spin (bumrah thakur ash jaddu from squad). 5th bowler for me is Surya and Rohit, some nurdling off spin.

Edited by ViruDilSeKhelo
25 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

LOL

2017 just before CT, Kohli having a major rundown with coach Kumble.

2019 WC, Kohli-Shastri messing up the entire team combo through chopping and changing.

2021 WTC final, Kohli-Shastri again messing up the entire team selection.

There is only one common theme across the 3 ICC trophies. All the events prior to this T20 WC, managed through leaks etc. in all likelihood have the same link as well.

BTW BCCI did not force Kohli to bench Kishan and Shardul or to give Bhuvi the 1st over, give 1 over spells to all his bowlers and set utterly defensive fields defending small totals.

Edited by ShoonyaSifar
8 minutes ago, ViruDilSeKhelo said:

I understand but this IPL he was one of the best bowlers and a go to man for Loli. For a leggie his economy was almost under 7 and 18 wickets! The zip, spin was back. Jaddu with dew can't get much turn. We saw Shadab yesterday, good. Chahar and Varun are not international quality. Chahal has had some amazing games for India.

Check his IPL stats in 2019 and 2020, absolutely great in IPL, but continued to be utter garbage in T20Is, a bit like Dhawan.

Chahar and Varun (great IPL numbers BTW) may or may not be international quality but Chahal certainly did not deserve to be picked

13 minutes ago, ViruDilSeKhelo said:

With this combination we won't do well, we can't play 3 seamers in Bhuvi, Shami and Bumrah - 2 are rubbish and can't bat. We need to pack our batting and 4 bowlers...2 seam and 2 spin (bumrah thakur ash jaddu from squad). 5th bowler for me is Surya and Rohit, some nurdling off spin.

shami is not a t20 bowler, never was

bhuvi is not bhuvi 

unfortunately we are now stuck coz pacer hai nhin aur spinners ki problem dew aa gayi hai

19 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

If i have to drop pandya ill pick kishen (pandya is playing as batsman so a batsman shud replace him)

Kishan has to be opener and SKY the number 3. If it means Rohit, RahuL and Kohli bat out of their position, it so bloody be it. Haarna to raise bhi hai hi, at least let the new guys be given the license to do something different. The tradition approach hasn't worked for 5 back to back T20 WCs, will not work here either.

Imagine once our TM had the gumption to play Yusuf Pathan in the T20 WC final vs Pakistan as an opener on his debut (his 15(8) set the tone for us)! We totally stopped those innovations in the name of a batting heavy top 3 and haven't won anything since then.

11 minutes ago, ViruDilSeKhelo said:

When was the last time either of Rohit or surya bowled in an international match? Seems like a risky strategy to try in WC.

bumrah, Thakur, shami probably stays since we don’t have a replacement or replace him with chahar. Though not liking the option of both Thakur & chahar in the same team. But we seem to have been dealt a bad hand without siraj.