"For a batsman, it is most insulting to be dismissed 'clean bowled'. So when it isn't clean bowled, mode of dismissal should show that. Like Inside Edge Bowled (IOB)" - Sunil Gavaskar

sage

2 hours ago, poyzzplaidwell said:

Well he is grand father of Indian batting. But he comes from a well off family and i think has made enough.

But agree to your point, jhel lete hai Sunil sir ko.. desh ka naam roshan kia hai.

Yes can you imagine chasing 400 plus on day 5 pitch which is uncovered in west indies where the batting begins and ends with you and your brother in law, against michael holding.. in port of spain..when your team had a 100 plus first inmings deficit.. and windies declared giving 400 plus chase for fun..they did the miracle.. sunil g and gundappa v. Unbelievable.. both scored centuries..

On 12/6/2021 at 3:31 AM, neel roy said:

Yes can you imagine chasing 400 plus on day 5 pitch which is uncovered in west indies where the batting begins and ends with you and your brother in law, against michael holding.. in port of spain..when your team had a 100 plus first inmings deficit.. and windies declared giving 400 plus chase for fun..they did the miracle.. sunil g and gundappa v. Unbelievable.. both scored centuries..

Uncovered pitches were phased out in 1960s. Port of Spain has always been a batting beauty, more like an Indian flat track.

On 12/5/2021 at 7:37 AM, zen said:

In a school match (probably my first match), opening the batting, I came down the wkt to hit the ball but the ball hit my pads and then the stumps. 

I went to the scorers to inquire - “Is it possible to mark me as self out or something like that?”. Of course, the answer was no. 

They should have compromised and let you be marked as "Retired, dumb"

22 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Uncovered pitches were phased out in 1960s. Port of Spain has always been a batting beauty, more like an Indian flat track.

good thing they were too. what happened to nari contractor in the 60s (albeit not on an uncovered pitch) was just as bad as what happened to phil hughes. and there were several such incidents on uncovered pitches.