"For a batsman, it is most insulting to be dismissed 'clean bowled'. So when it isn't clean bowled, mode of dismissal should show that. Like Inside Edge Bowled (IOB)" - Sunil Gavaskar

sage

In a school match (probably my first match), opening the batting, I came down the wkt to hit the ball but the ball hit my pads and then the stumps. 

I went to the scorers to inquire - “Is it possible to mark me as self out or something like that?”. Of course, the answer was no. 

Edited by zen
24 minutes ago, zen said:

In a school match (probably my first match), opening the batting, I came down the wkt to hit the ball but the ball hit my pads and then the stumps. 

I went to the scorers to inquire - “Is it possible to mark me as self out or something like that?”. Of course, the answer was no. 

DTPPB :noidea:

Down the pitch pad bowled

10 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Gavaskar kept on repeating the same stuff with different sentence structure. 

During his commentry too, he keeps repeating same words, if he gets excited. Usually, he keeps repeating the last 2-3 words of previous sentence.  Sounds like an idiot.    Easily the worst commie ever.    

Edited by Frustrated
3 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

During his commentry too, he keeps repeating same words, if he gets excited. Usually, he keeps repeating the last 2-3 words of previous sentence.  Sounds like an idiot.    Easily the worst commie ever.    

He should retire.  Today there was a run out appeal against Kohli at non strikers end. Kohli managed to scamper back before bowler deflecting the ball on to stumps.  He was going on and on which hand of Kohli holding the bat and how difficult it would be to get back if he had held the bat in the other hand.  He talked about it for like a couple of minutes. Just when everyone thought it was the end he started again and repeated the same thing.

He should retire.  Today there was a run out appeal against Kohli at non strikers end. Kohli managed to scamper back before bowler deflecting the ball on to stumps.  He was going on and on which hand of Kohli holding the bat and how difficult it would be to get back if he had held the bat in the other hand.  He talked about it for like a couple of minutes. Just when everyone thought it was the end he started again and repeated the same thing.
It was a good observation though. Only he should not have repeated it so many times. But remember, he is really an old man.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, neel roy said:

Commentary : Poor

Batting: Unbelievable. To score 10000 runs in those days with uncovered pitches and helmets and without drs ( in pakistan when you appealed for lbw against their batters the umpires would say bete bowled karo and when you batted against their bowlers they would raise fingers even if ball stuck ur thigh pad), average of more than 50, 34 centuries.. when the next best was 16 ( vengsarkar) and who retired after playing one of the best knocks of his career… let the old guy have his time and fun and earn his living in these times where krishnappa gautam and pawan negi earns 8 crores not even playing cricket but just by getting sold in auction… easily the best batsman india has ever produced.. 

Well he is grand father of Indian batting. But he comes from a well off family and i think has made enough.

But agree to your point, jhel lete hai Sunil sir ko.. desh ka naam roshan kia hai.