Should Rohit Sharma be selected for the Sri Lankan tests series?

I wish this guy all the best, he is a master in the making. At such a young age he shows so much responsibility when he bats almost like hes a seasonal veteran. He should be a test regular. My team would be: 1. Gambhir 2. Sehwag 3. Laxman 4. Dravid 5. Rohit 6. Ganguly 7. MS Dhoni 8. Kumble 9. Harbhajan 10. Ishant Sharma 11. Zaheer Khan

ghambhir badrinah and sharma is a must especialy ghambhir and sharma vs murali jaffer has had enuff chances there are so many openers who deserves at least one chance to prove their worth u can leave players like sach, dhoni back home since theyve been playing nonstop cricket for a long time now

leave sachin, dhoni? are u kidding me njkiller?? it might be tendulkarz last ever tour to lanka. i want him to completely rip apart that lankan atttack.. we want to bloody clean sweap them..
fine fine fine but he better be fit when aus comes to india too

Gambhir over Jaffer is the only change I would make. Jaffer's has had enough chances. Its time someone paid some respect to Gambhir and his exploits. Poor guy has been scoring runs by the mountains everytime he's gotten on a cricketing field last 4-5 months.

Guest Hiten.
No way are we or should we leave SRT or RD behind. We haven't won in Lanka since 1993 and it's time to destroy Murali in SL. They got lucky in 2001 because we lost VVS' date='Sehwag,Sachin and Kumble to injuries.[/quote'] Even though SL looks like a weak side atm, they are 'tigers' at home and we should have our full strong squad to face them. We have to take 3 spinners (PC, Bhaji, AK) because SL tracks will help Murali. I'd like somewhat similar squad of 16: Gambhir Sehwag RD SRT VVS SG MSD IKP PC / Bhajji AK Ishant Reserves: RP, ZK, Rohit Sharma, UV

Certainly pick Gambhir over Jaffer. Regarding Rohit Sharma - its ok if they pick him for SL, its also ok if they want him to play more domestic 4 day matches first. He's got plenty of time in his future and can take the time to mold himself. So no big deal.

Gambhir over Jaffer is the only change I would make. Jaffer's has had enough chances. Its time someone paid some respect to Gambhir and his exploits. Poor guy has been scoring runs by the mountains everytime he's gotten on a cricketing field last 4-5 months.
Dump Karthik, take em both. I'd like to have Gambhir ahead of either Yuvraj, Badri or Kaif as a possible reserve middle order batsman. He's one of the best players of spin in the country, and for any reason if there's a gap in the MO for injury, I'd back him to do very well vs. Murali and the other spinners there. Even when I've watched him a lot in domestics he's looked far more assured against the slow bowlers than against the new ball, and I'd back him to do well in SL - perhaps he'd struggle against Vaas' swing early on, but I'm sure he'd handle Murali with aplomb.

Gambhir is in the form of his life. If anyone deserves to get picked for the SL test series, it's him. If he scores, we'll know he is the real deal (as opposed to being a wasted talent) and i am sure he will serve India well in the future I am sure Rohit will get picked, this shouldn't be an issue.

Actually, I'm not sure what Rohit's done to deserve a test place. ODI knocks and T20 innings are one thing, but I still think he needs to prove himself in the longer format of the game. If we're going to blood another Mumbaikar, I'd much rather see Ajinkya Rahane get a cap after his outstanding season. Rohit IMO hasn't done enough to move ahead of the likes of Gambhir, Kaif and Badri in the pecking order - not enough first class runs/consistency next to his name yet.

Actually, I'm not sure what Rohit's done to deserve a test place. ODI knocks and T20 innings are one thing, but I still think he needs to prove himself in the longer format of the game. If we're going to blood another Mumbaikar, I'd much rather see Ajinkya Rahane get a cap after his outstanding season. Rohit IMO hasn't done enough to move ahead of the likes of Gambhir, Kaif and Badri in the pecking order - not enough first class runs/consistency next to his name yet.
I don't really care about his scores in FC cricket. He has proven that he is more than capable of handling top class bowlers, and technique-wise he looks fine - he watches the ball 'til the end, can play shots all around the ground and through the V. He seems to relish playing on the big stage and i'm sure Test cricket will bring the best out of him.