U19 World Cup Discussion

nsareen

7 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Because he is Kumar,

Kumar's have been defined as gentel floaty trundlers with fake swing

If you put Kumar here,

Shoaib Kumar Akhter all sting is lost he looks no different to Boobi,Vinay,Praveen etc:wp23:

Just say "Brett Kumar" in your heart and see the change, believe me

malcolm kumar (marshall), jeff kumar (thompson), shaun kumar (tait), Mohd. "Lightspeed" kumar (zahid), javagal kumar (srinath), and so on

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

This under-19 side has a lot of all rounders. Hope atleast 2 of them  take their game to next level so that we can do away with fake all rounders.

In U19, nearly everyone is an AR or bowler-who-bats or batter-who-bowls. Sarfaraz, Jaiswal, Gill, Kohli were all semi-regular bowlers at junior level, and didn't do much bowling at senior level. Hopefully this batch will retain emphasis on multiple skills

i wish the previous batch performers are given a run in India A at least.

Sarfraz (reached till india A), good prospect to replace rahane

Ravi Bishnoi : should break through to india a..

Anukul Roy/ Atharv Ankolekr: found both of them to be good all rounders , have done well for state sides , but not breaking through to India A

Jaiswal/ Paddikal: paddikal has reached national setup, would like to see jaiswal to be in India A.

Nagarkoti / Mavi / Tyagi : Should get a look in at some point shortly hoping sooner than later

Then there are some who have lot of potential & i would not be surprised if they are looked at for promotion to India A

Abhishek Sharma, Harsh Tyagi, Prabhsimran, Abdul Samad, Atharv Thaide

Some who have disappointed..

Riyan Parag: seemed to be good until a few years back , but has given away to glamour & social media.

Priyam Garg: could not succeed for state or IPL teams

Akash Singh: Seemed to be really good, but has not done well for IPL & has not played much for Rajasthan too..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, nsareen said:

i wish the previous batch performers are given a run in India A at least.

Sarfraz (reached till india A), good prospect to replace rahane

Ravi Bishnoi : should break through to india a..

Anukul Roy/ Atharv Ankolekr: found both of them to be good all rounders , have done well for state sides , but not breaking through to India A

Jaiswal/ Paddikal: paddikal has reached national setup, would like to see jaiswal to be in India A.

Nagarkoti / Mavi / Tyagi : Should get a look in at some point shortly hoping sooner than later

Then there are some who have lot of potential & i would not be surprised if they are looked at for promotion to India A

Abhishek Sharma, Harsh Tyagi, Prabhsimran, Abdul Samad, Atharv Thaide

Some who have disappointed..

Riyan Parag: seemed to be good until a few years back , but has given away to glamour & social media.

Priyam Garg: could not succeed for state or IPL teams

Akash Singh: Seemed to be really good, but has not done well for IPL & has not played much for Rajasthan too..

Priyam Garg averages 66 in FC and 40 on list A for UP. He has already been highly successful. Akash Singh is very young, still just 19 and is playing mostly u25. 

Riyan is captaining Assam.

Just now, rkt.india said:

Priyam Garg averages 66 in FC and 40 on list A for UP. He has already been highly successful. Akash Singh is very young, still just 19 and is playing mostly u25. 

both he and sarfaraz, among others, would have really benefited if ranjis could have taken place in past couple of yrs. they were doing well in FC especially; still not too late

Hopefully Priyam continues good form in Ranji, found him to be a bit timid in white ball cricket, my sample size is IPL cos he couldn’t establish much, it was given a fairly long run for a youngsters, unlike somebody like Anukul Roy. i feel MI have been doing injustice to Anukul Roy for many years , they have kept a him only as a substitute fielder..

Just now, nsareen said:

Hopefully Priyam continues good form in Ranji, found him to be a bit timid in white ball cricket, my sample size is IPL cos he couldn’t establish much, it was given a fairly long run for a youngsters, unlike somebody like Anukul Roy. i feel MI have been doing injustice to Anukul Roy for many years , they have kept a him only as a substitute fielder..

one interesting thing about anukul is his lower order hitting. has a nice combo of 100+ SR and 30+ avg in List A down the order. the little I saw of his bowling wasn't that great, but I have not seen him in a long time. if he lands in a diff franchise, hopefully he can get to play.

Edited by Vijy
2 minutes ago, nsareen said:

Garg isn't a T20 batsman. He can be a good test player. Lack of ranji in last two years has hurt such players who aren't good in T20 cricket.

one interesting thing about anukul is his lower order hitting. has a nice combo of 100+ SR and 30+ avg down the order. the little I saw of his bowling wasn't that great, but I have not seen him in a long time. if he lands in a diff franchise, hopefully he can get to play.

True that, he is an impact player, remember him carting Shaheen Afridi for boundaries when others couldn’t in the world cup game. Slow left arm bowlers need a long run to establish themselves, much like axar patel..

i know that Dravid went out of the way to ensure he gets to the world cup team, even though he was injured.

In the current batch, i hope at least a few of them establish themselves well.. long road ahead of them after u19 world cup, some you will never hear about, some will have a big spike and then wither away, very few sustain the pressures of professional cricket & maintaining their game..

Probably the reason i love U19 more than seniors, cos this where the true passion shows & innocence of the players, characters are revealed, willingness to learn and improve..

3 minutes ago, nsareen said:

In the current batch, i hope at least a few of them establish themselves well.. long road ahead of them after u19 world cup, some you will never hear about, some will have a big spike and then wither away, very few sustain the pressures of professional cricket & maintaining their game..

Players in this side lacks the aura some players had previously. 

Players in this side lacks the aura some players had previously. 

Agree, hopefully with more games they hone their skills & come out shining.. the potential is definitely there, also we should keep in mind if the policy of one world cup for a player even if they are eligible for the next, that’s a huge step in ensuring age fudging is reduced.. If i can say from the batches of Kohli/ Rahul/ Unmukt / Shikhar, fast bowling is much better on display, earlier we had spinning all rounders a lot more than fast bowling allrounders, this time we genuinely have a couple of them, some who couldn’t join the squad like PM rathore, Sahil Raj / Rishit Reddy/ Vijay Yadav / Dev Lakra etc.. 

25 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

England looks like the team to beat?  India vs England will be an interesting battle here. These surfaces suit spinners a lot than seamers. I suppose India will have an edge.

Final is also at same venue?  Antigua isn't it? 

Either way England are steamrolling this Saffer attack.