Women's ODI World Cup 2022

23 minutes ago, Vijy said:

good recovery from india, but they are still about 20 runs short thanks to tuk-tuking from ghosh & rana, as well as mithali and bhatia who should have increased their SR

They are playing against a world class side.  I am happy they didn't give up.  Shefali didn't need to play though.  Yastika was giving fiery starts as a opener.  Verma is a hack was duly dropped as well. 

3 hours ago, Stan AF said:

Watching this women's team reminds me of the men's team of the 90s and 2000s where they used to get ass whooped regularly by the Aussies.

Can't relive that Shiite again and again.

Women didn't play badly yday, they did well to put up a fighting score and didn't panic defending the total against a better and more fancied team. That was the feeling I got at least. It's not a vintage side by any means. 

43 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Unfortunately not many new comers are coming through atleast in the fast bowling.

we should pivot to having more ARs and beefing up batting. if we bat till 9 (e.g., with goswami at 9 right now), then as long as pacers deliver figures of 10-0-50-1, it will not matter too much.