IPL Draft- Make Your team

Ankit_sharma03

Just now, Chakdephatte said:

Manoj Tiwary is my first release. It had to be him.

I seek free advice from my enemies here for my second release. Do I need more flamboyance at top or I can continue with the ones I have. I always prefer 10 ball 20 type players over the innings builders I have.

21 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

I seek free advice from my enemies here for my second release. Do I need more flamboyance at top or I can continue with the ones I have. I always prefer 10 ball 20 type players over the innings builders I have.

Pick an Indian opener from the pool and put Tripathi at 4. I think there are Indian openers available.

So, Hussey and Tripathi gives solidity( for those who want that) and can accelerate too( Tripathi has good hitting ability vs spinners) and after that you have all the big hitters. Also, why is Rashid below Boobi? :p:

Edited by Majestic

47 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

my suggestion

Move hussey n de kock up the order

n tripathi at 4 (tripathi has pace issues but against spin he is killer)

or make Saha open with anyone 

de kock 

Saha

hussey 

Tripathi 

and look for someone in middle , may be release and overseas pacer n look for a middle order overseas batter n indian seamer . Or go for an indian opener and release de kock and u know who to look for in middle then as overseas

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

ppl remaining please release ur player by tonite 12 or else ur teams will be considered locked 

@JaFanatic

@zakk

@Chakdephatte

@Rantzz

and others who want to release more players they can as well 

I want to but that would mean lower place in draft and that might mean i may not get who i want. I am still contemplating.

1 hour ago, Chakdephatte said:

also acc to me u have 2 batsman in wrong position- saha n tripathi

2 player in wrong position are never right for any team 

5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

look at the player u want- how many others need him- what are his backups in the pool 

By my guess. he might be the first 2/3 picks. :p

I may still not get him since i am 4th.

I dont see backups of that player.

38 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

also acc to me u have 2 batsman in wrong position- saha n tripathi

2 player in wrong position are never right for any team 

First you need to decide how teams will be evaluated. I guess by poll.

First you said only record matters and not ability. By that logic, Tripathi is best when he opens. More than that, I don't want to open with two lefties.

Regarding Saha, you are right. Either I will release him or will make him open.

Edited by Chakdephatte

9 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

Bad decision.

Four? All except Bravo can bat in top 3. That's 7, a complete line-up of top order batsmen.

I still can pick him back if I don't get my preferred pick unless someone else has his eyes on him :) 

On batting lineup :phehe::phehe:

5 hours ago, Majestic said:

No one else interested in releasing players or have they lost the interest?

@JaFanatic @zakk @Chakdephatte @Rantzz are yet to release any player in case they are interested.

I am against this release concept so will not participate in it. It defies the concept of an auction after having initial set of rules and players picked based on min 30 games. Teams strategize around those rules and pools of players available based on 30 game minimum.

In real IPL auction, you don’t get to pick a team and then immediately release players, change the rules and get to pick new players

:facepalm:

4 minutes ago, Rantzz said:

I am against this release concept so will not participate in it. It defies the concept of an auction after having initial set of rules and players picked based on min 30 games. Teams strategize around those rules and pools of players available based on 30 game minimum.

In real IPL auction, you don’t get to pick a team and then immediately release players, change the rules and get to pick new players

In other words, you are happy with your squad.

12 minutes ago, Rantzz said:

I do align with you on this but ultimately it is a game so I don't mind.

13 minutes ago, Rantzz said:

how does for eg dropping chawla n taking lets say a better spinner like chahar or bishnoi change ur strategy

U just got a better player for the same role . 

In IPL their are transfer windows and injury replacement

btw this season RCB has dropped luvnith sisodia mid season n bough back rajat pattidar . Even after auction transfer has happened

13 minutes ago, Rantzz said:

how does for eg dropping chawla n taking lets say a better spinner like chahar or bishnoi change ur strategy

U just got a better player for the same role . 

In IPL their are transfer windows and injury replacement

btw this season RCB has dropped luvnith sisodia mid season n bough back rajat pattidar . Even after auction transfer has happened