Building a bowling attack for this year t20 Wc

Ankit_sharma03

Just now, express bowling said:

Many of the top international players, especially pacers, don't really bowl with full intensity in T20 league cricket.

They are often just going through the motions, especially in the league phase. 

So, it's difficult to compare their performances with newer players who are competing all out to grab eyeballs. 

sir that is not a good excuse as I said elsewhere.

if you are getting a million $ for a few weeks work it is your professional ethic to give a 100%.

more pay more responsibility. Isn’t that the way it works?

if national duty is important than you can skip playing the IPL or as for rest.

Starc did it, Clarke did it in the past and a few others. I don’t think franchises will hold a grudge.

IpL is not just another league cricket, it could be the difference between retiring early or slogging in your late 30’s as a journeyman  for a lot of these folk.

4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Many of the top international players, especially pacers, don't really bowl with full intensity in T20 league cricket.

So, it's difficult to compare their performances with newer players who are competing all out to grab eyeballs. 

Then why get paid millions? Club franchises aren't stupid. Actually they are but I don't get how a player would take it easy when he gets paid so much. I mean I wouldn't. Sure I would love to die for my country, but if I get paid millions to play t20, you bet your ass, I will ensure I am at my optimal peak to play franchise cricket. 

1 minute ago, maniac said:

sir that is not a good excuse as I said elsewhere.

if you are getting a million $ for a few weeks work it is your professional ethic to give a 100%.

more pay more responsibility. Isn’t that the way it works?

Pardon me but that is mot how the business of IPL.works.

It's not my " excuse ". This is what happens. You don't like it that's your problem.

1 minute ago, maniac said:

if national duty is important than you can skip playing the IPL or as for rest.

Starc did it, Clarke did it in the past and a few others. I don’t think franchises will hold a grudge.

IpL is not just another league cricket, it could be the difference between retiring early or slogging in your late 30’s as a journeyman  for a lot of these folk.

Indian stars are not " allowed " to skip IPL.

1 minute ago, Lord said:

so Sundar will bat at 7? No thanks, I'd rather have Chahar . Can get early wickets too in those conditions

Sundar has taken quite many wickets in PP. He has good footwork to succeed in batting at 7, can be a useful floater, and has done well in Australia too. But, yes, I won't fight swapping him for Chahar. One thing to keep in mind is that both are injury-prone players and often carry their injuries silently to the game.

Frankly, my backups will actually end up being the main players going by how BCCI operates. Jaddu will play instead of Sundar. Bhuvi will play instead of Nattu. And so on...  :laugh:

9 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Don't know about others. Bumrah was always gun in the IPL.  Oflate he is reduced to bowling only one type of ball. Not even enough slower ball.

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Pardon me but that is mot how the business of IPL.works.

It's not my " excuse ". This is what happens. You don't like it that's your problem.

Indian stars are not " allowed " to skip IPL.

Its not about my likes or dislikes.

all I am saying is with that much money the stakes increase. You hear players saying sometimes they try too hard when they come with that price tag. So I can see that as a reasonable point when someone doesn’t live up to the hype.

now I won’t deny that some might treat this as easy money but if we are saying that most treat it that way it’s a big problem because it means most cricketers are unprofessional slackers without any ethics. I don’t think that is the case.

Edited by maniac

1 minute ago, DarkProfile said:

Sundar has taken quite many wickets in PP. He has good footwork to succeed in batting at 7, can be a useful floater, and has done well in Australia too. But, yes, I won't fight swapping him for Chahar. One thing to keep in mind is that both are injury-prone players and often carry their injuries silently to the game.

Frankly, my backups will actually end up being the main players going by how BCCI operates. Jaddu will play instead of Sundar. Bhuvi will play instead of Nattu. And so on...  :laugh:

Bumrah

Bhuvi

Kuldeep

Deepak

Harshal

Pandu

Batting til 9 wooooooohooo. Management will definitely love this lineup. Yexxperiance#

Just now, maniac said:

all I am saying is with that much money the stakes increase. You hear players saying sometimes they try too hard when they come with that price tag. So I can see that as a reasonable point when someone doesn’t live up to the hype.

now I won’t deny that some might treat this as easy money but if we are saying that most treat it that way it’s a big problem because it means most cricketers are unprofessional slackers without any ethics. I don’t think that is the case.

Look at what happened to Cummins. A year or 2 before he went for 3 million. Now 1.33. That's a big drop in just 1.5 years. 

Same will happen to bumrah if he continues this way in the next auction.

4 minutes ago, DarkProfile said:

Sundar has taken quite  many wickets in PP. He has good footwork to succeed in batting at 7, can be a useful floater, and has done well in Australia too. But, yes, I won't fight swapping him for Chahar. One thing to keep in mind is that both are injury-prone players and often carry their injuries silently to the game.

Deepak has very good T20I record and has improved hitting in last year as we saw in SL,SA.

Sundar isn't a no. 7 yet. His bowled is economical but not sure I'd want a spinner to open bowling in Aus. In India its okay.

15 minutes ago, express bowling said:

As far as I know, Deepak won't be available for the T20 world cup due to injury.

That's still a long way away. He's  out for that long?

Early reports were that he might even play 2nd half of IPL before that was ruled out :hmmm:

13 minutes ago, express bowling said:

A valid point, EB. But I'd respectfully like to know the benchmark that will confirm you that Bumrah is not performing as per the expectations?

17 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Bumrah has been same in LOIs too. 

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

There are so many other aspects.

Do you think a MI team without Rohit or Bumrah will draw as much viewership or crowds ?

The casual fans rarely follow match by match performances. They sit down to watch if the big Indian stars are playing.

And the question of surviving the entire season arises for pacers. They try to stay injury free for 2 months and play all the games.

Ever wondered why Kohli was the captain of RCB for so long without winning anything !!

9 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Don't know about others. Bumrah was always gun in the IPL.  Oflate he is reduced to bowling only one type of ball. Not even enough slower ball.

At that time he was relatively new to international cricket.

And in 2020 he was playing after a long Covid lockdown and was fresh.

3 minutes ago, Lord said:

Deepak has very good T20I record and has improved hitting in last year as we saw in SL,SA.

Sundar isn't a no. 7 yet. His bowled is economical but not sure I'd want a spinner to open bowling in Aus. In India its okay.

Deepak and Thakur are gritty players and I admire them. My only grouch against them is they leak a lot of runs and can only be used in PP or at max Middle phase. And if they get hit in the PP, the opposition teams gain momentum and carry it till the end with a huge score.

Sundar has actually the second highest Str. Rate in PP phase in the current IPL. I was actually surprised.

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Do you think a MI team without Rohit or Bumrah will draw as much viewership or crowds ?

The casual fans rarely follow match by match performances. They sit down to watch if the big Indian stars are playing.

And the question of surviving the entire season arises for pacers. They try to stay injury free for 2 months and play all the games.

Ever wondered why Kohli was the captain of RCB for so long without winning anything !!

Same reason why he was the captain of India for so long without winning any multinational tournament. He is crap.

Just now, express bowling said:

You are talking about the business aspect.  I am not even going there.

I am talking about individual cricketer  aspect.

I don’t think any professional will ever think, I am only going to give 80% today because I might have a big game in 3 weeks time. Sure they might take the pedal off the gas  once in a while in a dead rubber type situation or if the game is done and dusted to preserve themselves but I don’t think they  are going into an IPL tournament with that mentality of a paid holiday or slowing down on intensity. As I said I am speculating too. If they are doing that, it’s a huge problem.

If the players don’t take it seriously themselves then no point wasting our time.

I don’t think they do.

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

At that time he was relatively new to international cricket.

And in 2020 he was playing after a long Covid lockdown and was fresh.

Even in international matches he is not exactly threatening.  There is a perfect explanation for this. He is very predictable these days. People expect a certain delivery from him, he serves exactly that.  If you want to see off Bumrah it is very easy to do. Infact you can even target him in the back end.