Jump to content
zen

IPL 2023 Player retentions & releases

Recommended Posts

Teams will be looking to plan for the next season. What players are expected to be released? What changes in teams can we expect? 

 

Some of the ones being discussed are Jadeja expected to be released by CSK and maybe S Iyer released by KKR on account for some differences with KKR's management. Another rumor is that SKY could be named MI's captain (a long shot). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Not a mega auction, most teams will be looking to retain the core. Changes can be-

 

PBKS- Release Dhawan, SRK (buy him cheaper)

CSK- Release- Utthapa, Fraudeja, Chahar

MI- Undercutter, Thumpme

SRH- Williamson

KKR- Aryan Khan, Suhana, Jhanvi

DC- None. Just play your best XI which they failed to do.

GT- Aaron, Wade, Saha, Joseph, 3D

LSG- Holder, maybe Pandey

RCB- Maxwell (yes), Faf, Kaul

RR- None. Just buy an extra batsman or trust Neesham. 

Edited by Chakdephatte
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

Not a mega auction, most teams will be looking to retain the core. Changes can be-

 

 

CSK- Release- Utthapa, Fraudeja, Chahar

 

 

Why will CSK release Chahar when they missed him badly this season?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, bowl_out said:

 

Why will CSK release Chahar when they missed him badly this season?

They should release and look to buy back for lower than 14cr

 

bambais should do same with Kishan.

 

yes small chance you may lose them but it’s worth a try

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, SeasonedIPLer said:

They should release and look to buy back for lower than 14cr

 

bambais should do same with Kishan.

 

yes small chance you may lose them but it’s worth a try

in a mini auction chances of them going for even higher price are more. IF kishen n chahar goes back in auction that to mini they are going to go for even more higher price since every team wud wanna have them 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

in a mini auction chances of them going for even higher price are more. IF kishen n chahar goes back in auction that to mini they are going to go for even more higher price since every team wud wanna have them 

Depends on how much purse teams have.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Releasing non performing expensive players and buying them back can be a relatively risk free strategy as 

 

a) Team budgets are limited. Say if a team gets a 5% increase in budget, its mini auction budget would be around 5 cr + budget opened up due to released players. So if a 15 cr player is released, the team already has a good chance of buying him back for 15 cr (as others teams may not have such budgets, esp. if they have not released too many players, to bid very high for a relatively non performing player) 

b) “Right to match” card may return in the mini auction 

c) High budgets are usually kept for 1-2 star players in the mini auction. So if a Ben Stokes or Starc is there, that is where the money is likely to go 

Edited by zen
Link to comment
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...