Akshay Kumar strikes again

vvvslaxman

Ratchasan movie became a cult classic. Even Goldmindes hindi dubbed version on youtube has attained cult status. They should have left it as it is.  It inevitably became Akshay Kumar's 35235th south movie remake.  Long time back i saw this pukeworthy remake of Tamil movie Pammal K Sambandam starring Akshay Kumar. Mind boggling he is still doing that sh**.  Just gave this new remake  a shot. Completely ruined the movie with every single casting. Same way JIgirthanda another classic movie where Bobby Simha won national award for supporting actor. Akshay kumar played that role.  They completely changed the importance of the role. He acts exactly the same way in every movie. No differentiation between characters.  All the other characters in the movies take a back seat. In Ratchasan every single character was memorable. I was neither a fan nor a hater of AK. But seeing all these remakes and hsi acting in these movies i am shocked how the heck he won national award for best actor.

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Origional i didnt like 1st 30 min and last 15 min , thats it . Rest i loved it , class in BGM n editing

That's 45 minutes, one third of the running time, LOL!

BGM, yes. Among the best for an Indian film last decade. The only one comparable to it was Tumbbad.

9 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

That's 45 minutes, one third of the running time, LOL!

yea thats how good the other was that i didnt care about that 45minutes, so damn engaging

45 exaggeration from my side - to be precise - his journey from filmmaker to policeman and climax ................2 parts i hated 

BGM, yes. Among the best for an Indian film last decade. The only one comparable to it was Tumbbad.

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

I was neither a fan nor a hater of AK. But seeing all these remakes and hsi acting in these movies i am shocked how the heck he won national award for best actor.

His friend Priyadarshan was a jury member.

Also, if you see the list of juries after and before 2010, we will see the difference. We no longer see the art film makers of 80s, most of the members today are those who see cinema as a medium to earn and nothing else. Vipul Shah, Karan Johar, Priyadarshan, themselves are mediocre but somehow made it to the committee.

His friend Priyadarshan was a jury member.

Also, if you see the list of juries after and before 2010, we will see the difference. We no longer see the art film makers of 80s, most of the members today are those who see cinema as a medium to earn and nothing else. Vipul Shah, Karan Johar, Priyadarshan, themselves are mediocre but somehow made it to the committee.

Exactly 

2 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

It might’ve been started by Anil Kapoor for Pukar. Ajay Devgan   Was at least good in Bhagat Singh

Pukar tak ka nhin yaad hai 

I think ajay also got for zakhm n company ( not sure) if company n zakhm well deserved. Even bhagat singh was good . This time he got for tanhaji , tottaly undeserving. 

But then its in all award. Even in oscars lobbying plays a huge role

9 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Priyadarshan started this remake trend for him. Ramraji rao speaking  became a huge hit in  Hindi as Hera Pheri.

hera pheri wasnt a big hit at BO, it just earned decent in Maharashtra . It was a very high budget film that cudnt cover cost . It became a hit on TV , big hit like many. 

Having seen some of the originals , im glad he did. I think Hera pheri and Garam masala are better then both ramjirao speaking and boeing boeing. Akshay and Paresh actually elevated those films 

24 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

hera pheri wasnt a big hit at BO, it just earned decent in Maharashtra . It was a very high budget film that cudnt cover cost . It became a hit on TV , big hit like many. 

Having seen some of the originals , im glad he did. I think Hera pheri and Garam masala are better then both ramjirao speaking and boeing boeing. Akshay and Paresh actually elevated those films 

Remakes should capture the spirit of the film. In Tamil it was a bomb despite a good casting. Mainly because Fazil tried to change up. Male to into female. Revathy despite being a fine actress was unable to fit the con girl role.  Ironically that Masha role stuck with her. Even in recent movies she plays Masha characater.