Tip 10 favorite movies/series of 2022

bharathh

My list of favs from this year in no particular order. First time i hardly have any English movies in it. Most English movies releasing nowadays are pretty much just syperhero movies

Kantara

The Kashmir Files

Top Gun Maverick

Ponniyan Selvan 1

Vikram

Darlings

Rocketry

Gangubhai Kathiawadi

KGF2

King Richard

Edited by bharathh

Top Gun

Andor

BCS final season

Black bird

Everything everywhere all at once

All quiet on Western Front (German) 

Vikram

RRR

Severance 

Barry

Watched some dope old stuff too but these are all that I remember came in 2022....  And yeah Bollywood sucked..  Hindi web series are still mostly crap.  And South Masala movies were not worth remembering after first watch. 

Vikram & RRR were top tier Indian cinema for me. 

Edited by Lone Wolf

15 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Top Gun

Andor

BCS final season

Black bird

Everything everywhere all at once

All quiet on Western Front (German) 

Vikram

RRR

Severance 

Barry

Watched some dope old stuff too but these are all that I remember came in 2022....  And yeah Bollywood sucked..  Hindi web series are still mostly crap.  And South Masala movies were not worth remembering after first watch. 

Vikram & RRR were top tier Indian cinema for me. 

it wasn't that good a year overall for cinema IMO

2 hours ago, zen said:

Difficult to make a list as I am yet to watch Avatar 2, Top Gun Maverick, Nope, The Banshees of Inisherin, Decision to Leave, Black Panther 2, Minions: the Rise of the Gru, Lamborghini,  Babylon, The Fablemans, Three Pines, etc.  ... I am in no hurry to watch these except maybe Decision to Leave and Three Pines. 

From top of the mind recall, below are some of the interesting films/series that I viewed:

The Grand Tour: A Scandi Flick

Bullet Train 

Kleo 

James May - Our Man in Italy 

Glass Onion 

Treason 

Timepass ones:

The Batman

Barbarian 

Death on the Nile 

Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness 

Jack Ryan 3

The Northman (saw it on a plane so can't judge it based on watching it on a tiny screen) 

Among Indian films, I liked Brahmastra, Kantara, KGF2, RRR, etc. 

Your list is insane. Where do you get this kind of time.

Just now, zen said:

People find time for their hobbies. But I am yet to watch many of the films from 2022. 

You seem knowledgeable. 

Someone needs to start a thread of the best dialogues from movies if it is not already there. Can you do the honors?

Dhaakad : Theatre provided great ambience while watching the movie. Water was provided free to take medicines.

Liger : personal favorite :icflove: Greta acting Greta music (bla bla bla...) and cinematography Aafat.

Gehraiyaan Reletable story. Every Indian can connect.

Heropanti 2 Kalki avatar depiction. Tiger shroff can single handedly finish the crime in the world.

Radhe Shyam: Ignore your issues in life like you ignored Prabhas in this movie. Focus only on doing "Pooja" and God will show the destiny through asstrology

Lal Singh Chadda Punjabis must have enjoyed the movie. They never knew Punjabi has a new dialect they never knew. Honda ji.

Shamshera : Forget saffron, this movie teaches you to be secular and love yellow color too.

Edited by Pollack

19 hours ago, zen said:

Added The Banshees of Inisherin to my list as well 

I was puzzled by the movie and the ending was quite unsatisfactory. The dude cuts his fingers for a purpose and forgets that completely in the end?

The performances were top class though.

31 minutes ago, kepler37b said:

I was puzzled by the movie and the ending was quite unsatisfactory. The dude cuts his fingers for a purpose and forgets that completely in the end?

Such films are (or closer to) transcendental style of films that do not attempt to resolve the “conflict” but remain in stasis. 

4 hours ago, Khota said:

What do you think of Arnold as an actor and some of his movies?

To me, Arnold is more of an action star (Stallone too) than an actor (Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, etc). 

I like his films such as Conan the Barbarian (a Sword and Sorcery genre classic), Red Heat (a gritty film where Arnold plays a Russian cop), & True Lies (a fun spy flick).

There are others films like Predator, T2, Total Recall, etc., which are good too. 

11 hours ago, kepler37b said:

it's mostly Martin McDonagh stuff. he draws on the tradition of absurdism, which is different from "absurd" because the former is a particular modality of storytelling

I didn't like too many movies or series that I saw, but I don't watch too many. 

Of movies/series that debuted in 2022:

Liked movies

RRR- 8/10

The Batman- 8/10(although I hated how they butchered the Riddler's character)

Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio- 7/10

A Thursday- 6/10 (good timepass)

Catwoman: Hunted- 7/10(Mostly for the beautiful animation)

Disliked movies

Black Adam- 4/10

Barbarian- 0/10

Everything Everywhere All at Once- 2/10

Samrat Prithviraj- 0/10

Liked series

Attack on Titan: Season 4 Part 2

Demon Slayer Season 2

Bosch Legacy

Disliked series

Dahmer

Rick and Morty Season 6