Good Articles/ Write-ups on cricket

There was a great article on Axar patel's test efficacy, due to the angles he uses.  One of the good ones.

Jarrod Kimber wrote a great one a few years back on an Afghanistan expat cricketer in the US.  was very moving.  

One of my alltime favorite cricket writeups is by that Thompson dude writing for ESPN as an "outsider" to cricket - his Tendulkar article for the 2011 WC was one for the ages.  He did subsequent ones on the T20 WC where Windies beat SL in SL. And also one on test cricket.  

On 1/19/2023 at 12:00 AM, sandeep said:

There was a great article on Axar patel's test efficacy, due to the angles he uses.  One of the good ones.

Jarrod Kimber wrote a great one a few years back on an Afghanistan expat cricketer in the US.  was very moving.  

One of my alltime favorite cricket writeups is by that Thompson dude writing for ESPN as an "outsider" to cricket - his Tendulkar article for the 2011 WC was one for the ages.  He did subsequent ones on the T20 WC where Windies beat SL in SL. And also one on test cricket. 

A lot has been written about Sachin. Hard to conclude anything from this. Maybe this one-

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/wright-thompson-in-tendulkar-country-509803

4 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

Like @Nikhil_cric pointed out the other day, It has become difficult to attack in first 5 overs than it was earlier. Aggressive batsmen Jason Roy, QDK, Warner, Guptill, etc., have not performed for some time. (May or may not have some correlation.)

https://kohliandkipling.substack.com/p/from-whacking-it-hard-to-whacking

It's the kookaburra ball. The reinforced seam has meant that the ball is holding shape for longer than it used to in the mid 2013 - 2020 period. I think Warner is OK. It's just a natural age related decline

Jason Roy on the other hand is the apotheosis of the 2013-20 white ball flat track bully for me. Just doesn't have the game to survive any movement whatsoever. 

Hari Govind is a terrific analyst as are his mates at CricEyeT20 .  If Cricviz has an England centric bias, these guys are the Indian equivalent and I'm glad they are doing whst needs to be done. 

Himanish is a great writer too

Edited by Nikhil_cric