Top Indian wrestlers sit on silent protest against WFI chief

Singh bling

20 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Yes of course. But it should done peacefully without disruption to people and no harm done to police. Attacking Red Fort (Farmers) and illegally occupying roads and causing traffic disruption is not protest, but anarchy

But running a sham inquiry is governance?

40 minutes ago, Khota said:

But running a sham inquiry is governance?

How do you know it is sham? Please provide actual thoughts on what is sham and not your Sherlock Holmes deductions unless they are backed by actual facts (meaning there should be written or even oral testimony to prove that the investigation is a sham). Also, what is your recommended course of action in this? 

I think everyone agrees that Brij Bhushan should be sacked - at least till investigations are ongoing. Other than that what else? 

Edited by bharathh

1 hour ago, bharathh said:

How do you know it is sham? Please provide actual thoughts on what is sham and not your Sherlock Holmes deductions unless they are backed by actual facts (meaning there should be written or even oral testimony to prove that the investigation is a sham). Also, what is your recommended course of action in this? 

I think everyone agrees that Brij Bhushan should be sacked - at least till investigations are ongoing. Other than that what else? 

After the court found Adani industries did nothing wrong, I have the right to call it sham.

It has more to do with politics than actual governance. Brij Bhushan has a constituency that cannot be offended. Wrestlers can go to hell.(not my words,but BJP)

40 minutes ago, Khota said:

After the court found Adani industries did nothing wrong, I have the right to call it sham.

It has more to do with politics than actual governance. Brij Bhushan has a constituency that cannot be offended. Wrestlers can go to hell.(not my words,but BJP)

So you have no actual basis other than your feelings to call everything a sham? Understood.

Also, agree this whole thing is just politics with no substance now. What started out as a #Metoo moment has degenerated into a circus with the wrestlers just doing their names and legacies harm.

Edited by bharathh

1 minute ago, bharathh said:

Agree this whole thing is just politics with no substance now. What started out as a #Metoo moment has degenerated into a circus with the wrestlers just doing their names and legacies harm.

How is that a fair statement on your part?

1 minute ago, Khota said:

How is that a fair statement on your part?

They wanted FIR - they got FIR 

They wanted to arrest someone based on no evidence (got turned down)

Protested (Investigation was started and no evidence showed up). Brij Bhusan steps down as WFI president. WFI is now a ad-hoc committee. He has no powers.

Appealed to SC and all other courts (all courts said investigations are going on. Cannot arrest based on no evidence)

Are throwing a fit and getting used by all opposition parties hoping to stir the pot. 

Doing drama to throw their medals they won due to their individual brilliance and hard work along with massive funding and support from the govt and people at large. (So they cannot just throw it away). 

They have been asked repeatedly by all sections of the govt to wait for the investigation to complete. Provide evidence if they have - but no. People are sick of protestors hijacking the capital.

https://news.rediff.com/commentary/2023/jun/02/groping-sexual-favours...-fir-against-brij-bhushan/b0e83e74e83432b42af1a159a33605b7

As BJP MP and former WFI chief Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh reiterated that he would hang himself if charges against him were proven, the charges against him in the FIR filed by the Delhi police suggest he is a serial molester. 

According to an NDTV report, Singh allegedly touched women athletes inappropriately on the pretext of checking their breath, groped them, asked inappropriate personal questions, demanded sexual favours in exchange for the federation bearing the cost of treatment of injuries sustained during tournaments, offered "unknown edible not approved by the dietician or coach", brushed his hands across a minor's breast and stalked her.

The FIR is based on the complaints of seven women wrestlers at Delhi's Connaught Place police station last month. He has denied all allegations of sexual misconduct.

6 hours ago, bharathh said:

Protested (Investigation was started and no evidence showed up). Brij Bhusan steps down as WFI president. WFI is now a ad-hoc committee. He has no powers.

Appealed to SC and all other courts (all courts said investigations are going on. Cannot arrest based on no evidence)

Are throwing a fit and getting used by all opposition parties hoping to stir the pot. 

Doing drama to throw their medals they won due to their individual brilliance and hard work along with massive funding and support from the govt and people at large. (So they cannot just throw it away). 

They have been asked repeatedly by all sections of the govt to wait for the investigation to complete. Provide evidence if they have - but no. People are sick of protestors hijacking the capital.

Lot of writing and no substance or facts.

Once again you are missing the point. Actually you are not because you have an agenda.

The people doing this inquiry are the same who declared Adani group has done no wrong. Case closed.

11 minutes ago, Khota said:

Lot of writing and no substance or facts.

Once again you are missing the point. Actually you are not because you have an agenda.

The people doing this inquiry are the same who declared Adani group has done no wrong. Case closed.

Everything I have written is a fact. Point out which part is not true. 

54 minutes ago, bharathh said:

Everything I have written is a fact. Point out which part is not true. 

"They have been asked repeatedly by all sections of the govt to wait for the investigation to complete. "

11 hours ago, bharathh said:

He has not resigned AFAIK.

4 hours ago, Khota said:

Wrestlers are wrong, Hidenberg is wrong, IOC is wrong, rest of the world is wrong. BJP is right. 

4 hours ago, Khota said:

It is fundamental. You trust the bureaucracy, I don't.

You don't trust anyone. Again - what do you think needs to be done? You keep dodging this question. 

26 minutes ago, bharathh said:

You don't trust anyone. Again - what do you think needs to be done? You keep dodging this question. 

"In the FIR filed on the basis of complaints by the adult wrestlers, one of them alleged, "While I was training, the accused called me separately, to which I refused since the accused was touching other girls also inappropriately. However, I was again called by the accused who then pulled up my T-shirt and slid his hand down my stomach and put his hand on my naval on the pretext of checking my breath."

3 minutes ago, khadekhademaaro said:

:wp120:

Wrestlers protest: Gavaskar, Kapil Dev, other 1983 World Cup stars come out in support of agitating players

The 1983 ICC World Cup-winning team released a statement on Friday and urged the protesting wrestlers not to take a hasty decision.

1 hour ago, khadekhademaaro said:

:wp120:

Wrestlers protest: Gavaskar, Kapil Dev, other 1983 World Cup stars come out in support of agitating players

The 1983 ICC World Cup-winning team released a statement on Friday and urged the protesting wrestlers not to take a hasty decision.

They want AAP tickets.

8 hours ago, Khota said:

"In the FIR filed on the basis of complaints by the adult wrestlers, one of them alleged, "While I was training, the accused called me separately, to which I refused since the accused was touching other girls also inappropriately. However, I was again called by the accused who then pulled up my T-shirt and slid his hand down my stomach and put his hand on my naval on the pretext of checking my breath."

So answer bhai