Rank the fast bowlers of this era in order of their bowling perdormances

Majestic

IMO, Indian "tailored" conditions are the most pointless ones to worry about. At most, you will find such conditions in relatively small countries centered around a couple of major cities such as BD & SL. 

Below are the stats, bowling away from home in SENA, in the last 5 years:

Home or away away (home of opposition)  or neutral venue 
Host country Australia  or England  or New Zealand  or South Africa 
Start of match date greater than or equal to 1 jan 2018 
Type of bowler (by style) pace bowler 
Qualifications wickets taken greater than or equal to 30 
Ordered by bowling average (ascending)

Overall figures
Player Span Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 5 10  
PJ Cummins (AUS) 2018-2019 9 18 366.4 93 1041 51 5/83 9/141 20.41 2.83 43.1 1 0  
JM Anderson (ENG) 2018-2023 10 15 314.2 101 676 33 5/40 7/54 20.48 2.15 57.1 1 0  
I Sharma (IND) 2018-2021 14 26 433.4 93 1168 50 5/51 6/97 23.36 2.69 52.0 2 0  
MA Wood (ENG) 2018-2022 7 13 222.4 43 730 31 6/37 9/100 23.54 3.27 43.0 2 0  
JJ Bumrah (IND) 2018-2022 24 47 910.3 217 2476 101 6/33 9/86 24.51 2.71 54.0 5 0  
SCJ Broad (ENG) 2018-2023 14 23 449.2 107 1225 48 6/54 8/126 25.52 2.72 56.1 2 0  
K Rabada (SA) 2022-2023 8 12 219.3 29 898 35 5/52 8/89 25.65 4.09 37.6 2 0  
JR Hazlewood (AUS) 2018-2019 8 16 321.2 73 908 32 5/30 9/115 28.37 2.82 60.2 1 0  
Mohammed Shami (IND) 2018-2022 23 42 731.4 138 2367 83 6/56 8/107 28.51 3.23 52.8 3 0  
TG Southee (NZ) 2019-2022 7 14 305.4 57 1032 33 6/43 9/162 31.27 3.37 55.5 2 0  
Mohammed Siraj (IND) 2020-2022 10 19 336.4 66 1131 34 5/73 8/126 33.26 3.35 59.4 1 0

Edited by zen
6 hours ago, speedracer said:

I think scummins is the bitch that needs ice. Ran away from India tour. He is overrated. 

Some reading for you: 

https://www.nia.nih.gov/health/what-are-palliative-care-and-hospice-care

What is palliative care?

Palliative care is specialized medical care for people living with a serious illness, such as cancer or heart failure. Patients in palliative care may receive medical care for their symptoms, or palliative care, along with treatment intended to cure their serious illness. Palliative care is meant to enhance a person's current care by focusing on quality of life for them and their family.

Who can benefit from palliative care?

Palliative care is a resource for anyone living with a serious illness, such as heart failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, cancer, dementia, Parkinson's disease, and many others. Palliative care can be helpful at any stage of illness and is best provided soon after a person is diagnosed. In addition to improving quality of life and helping with symptoms, palliative care can help patients understand their choices for medical treatment. The organized services available through palliative care may be helpful to any older person having a lot of general discomfort and disability very late in life.

I won't rate Bumrah at #1. The guy is in his 5th year and he has barely played 30 tests. He injures himself half of the times and chokes in big games. Adding to that, the ugly action.

Rabada is younger and has played 58 tests. Cummins has played 49 tests and wait, he hasn't run away. He has gone back due to his mother's illness. He might be back for 4th test.

Anderson has been simply sensational especially if you look at his stats since 2010. He has probably played over 120 tests since then and averages 22-23 for that many matches.

Starc, Boult, Shami, Broad and Hazelwood are in very good category. 

Southee is mediocre and Wagner as well hardly got any special skills to show up.

1 hour ago, Majestic said:

I won't rate Bumrah at #1. The guy is in his 5th year and he has barely played 30 tests. He injures himself half of the times and chokes in big games. Adding to that, the ugly action.

Rabada is younger and has played 58 tests. Cummins has played 49 tests and wait, he hasn't run away. He has gone back due to his mother's illness. He might be back for 4th test.

Anderson has been simply sensational especially if you look at his stats since 2010. He has probably played over 120 tests since then and averages 22-23 for that many matches.

Southee is mediocre and Wagner as well hardly got any special skills to show up.

Bumrah's stocks (reputation) is falling down because of his absence for international matches presence for IPL matches. india had an opportunity to kill England 3-1. But collectively they made a decision they will need time to prepare for IPL. What should have been a series win ended up in series draw.

4 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Some reading for you: 

https://www.nia.nih.gov/health/what-are-palliative-care-and-hospice-care

What is palliative care?

Palliative care is specialized medical care for people living with a serious illness, such as cancer or heart failure. Patients in palliative care may receive medical care for their symptoms, or palliative care, along with treatment intended to cure their serious illness. Palliative care is meant to enhance a person's current care by focusing on quality of life for them and their family.

Who can benefit from palliative care?

Palliative care is a resource for anyone living with a serious illness, such as heart failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, cancer, dementia, Parkinson's disease, and many others. Palliative care can be helpful at any stage of illness and is best provided soon after a person is diagnosed. In addition to improving quality of life and helping with symptoms, palliative care can help patients understand their choices for medical treatment. The organized services available through palliative care may be helpful to any older person having a lot of general discomfort and disability very late in life.

Sirajs father died on the eve of when he debuted. Dint stop siraj from playing. Kohli once played too around the time when he realised his father passed away. 

Cummins should have stood up for his country. It all seems very convenient too. 

Edited by speedracer
2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Bumrah's stocks (reputation) is falling down because of his absence for international matches presence for IPL matches. india had an opportunity to kill England 3-1. But collectively they made a decision they will need time to prepare for IPL. What should have been a series win ended up in series draw.

They got lucky in the first test too. India should have asily chased that down.rain saved eng Lund. 

6 hours ago, Majestic said:

He chokes in finals

So does kabada. So does cummo. 

But he did help us win in Oz and draw in eng Lund. 

Something kabada nor Cummins could do in India or lungaaa

Yes I agree. He deigns to  play for india if ipl is scheduled and that is his drawback. Ability at peak wise he is better than both is what I am getting at. Since he is a dick and only cares about money, you would have to say kabada might be number 1 as he continues to play tests. 

You could also say bumrah is much more of an all format bowler than the other 2 though. Cummins barely plays t20 and odis. 

Kabada skips some tours to play ipl himself. 

Edited by speedracer
1 minute ago, speedracer said:

Sirajs father died on the eve of when he debuted. Dint stop siraj from playing. Kohli once played too around the time when he realised his father passed away. 

Cummins should have stood up for his country. It all seems very convenient too. 

You also forgot to mention that Tendulkar played the day after his dad died, too.  His choice.  No judgement. 

Same for Pat Cummins.  In the end, country or whatever, cricket is just a sport and this is just a job for these guys.  Maybe his mom needs him more than his job needs him. His choice, no judgement.

Same for Virat Kohli who took off after 36 a.o. to be with his wife when his baby was born.  To the cynical minded, that was "convenient."  To reasonable people, it was just a guy who took paternity leave from a job to be with family.  His choice.  No judgement.  

3 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

You also forgot to mention that Tendulkar played the day after his dad died, too.  His choice.  No judgement. 

Same for Pat Cummins.  In the end, country or whatever, cricket is just a sport and this is just a job for these guys.  Maybe his mom needs him more than his job needs him. His choice, no judgement.

Same for Virat Kohli who took off after 36 a.o. to be with his wife when his baby was born.  To the cynical minded, that was "convenient."  To reasonable people, it was just a guy who took paternity leave from a job to be with family.  His choice.  No judgement.  

Cummins seems like a decent guy but their history is poor. Sand paper, sledging, 08 scandalous umpiring, getting no ball wickets etc. 

No remorse. 

Just looks very convenient to me. Good luck to him though. 

I would even say cummo seems more genuine but coolie definitely is a piece of ****. He literally ran away after 36. Not tht we even needed him but that reflects his weak mind. 

Edited by speedracer

1. Anderson - Its amazing how he is still not talked about in the same way as Akram/McGrath

2.Rabada pre injury- He is not the same bowler looks v.ordinary

3.Cummins - Any team can bank on him in test he will bowl whole day and not not miss the line/length

4. Starc- V. dependable in all 3 formats

5.Archer- Since his debut no-one seems to be able to  dominate him in any format

6.Bhumrah-Does not play test in Ind , when ever Ind needs him in an Impt. game he is mostly unable to deliver.

6.Shaheen- Good in White ball, Okayish in Test -But I think that is due to PCB and Pak cricket's more attention towards White ball mostly t20

7.Shami- If he had good T20i credentials then he will be up on the list, lacks t20 variations

8.Hazlewood- V.consistant in Test and after IPL stint he is able to bring his T20i game up as well.

9.Boult-V.reliable in all 3 format 

10.Roach/Broad/Southee -He is able to seam/swing the ball in every condition

9 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Rabada Pre & Post injury is in different league. 

That's why teen sensations have become rare.  His body wasn't able to sustain this. 

He is was in a decent shout to break age fudging Waqar's record for youngest to 200 wickets if not for the back injury   Eventually did at 25 still 3rd youngest & youngest non Asian to do that. 

He came too young... And was genuinely fast at 18-19 years as well.  A 90mph bowler. 

Cummins also probably would have gone on to break Waqar's record if not for injury. 

Could have may have would have. Not good enough. 

Even pre injury bumrah did more damage. Kabada was good but only in familiar conditions. 

Now he is still good but mostly in sea. Not in Oz anymore.

9 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Rabada Pre & Post injury is in different league. 

That's why teen sensations have become rare.  His body wasn't able to sustain this. 

He is was in a decent shout to break age fudging Waqar's record for youngest to 200 wickets if not for the back injury   Eventually did at 25 still 3rd youngest & youngest non Asian to do that. 

He came too young... And was genuinely fast at 18-19 years as well.  A 90mph bowler. 

Cummins also probably would have gone on to break Waqar's record if not for injury. 

If that's the case enough can make a case for chukrah too. Back injury affected him too. 

I mean he is a wanker as he doesn't care much about india anymore but there is no denying his skillset. 

He transformed Indian fast bowling. He is the sole reason and that's why I rate him highly. I am thankful for that but these days he gets on my nerves. His choking after injury is really infuriating. Either decide to stay fully fit and skip ipl to play india or dont play tests at all. Cant pick and choose. 

Edited by speedracer
1 hour ago, tapandrun said:

1. Anderson - Its amazing how he is still not talked about in the same way as Akram/McGrath

2.Rabada pre injury- He is not the same bowler looks v.ordinary

3.Cummins - Any team can bank on him in test he will bowl whole day and not not miss the line/length

4. Starc- V. dependable in all 3 formats

5.Archer- Since his debut no-one seems to be able to  dominate him in any format

6.Bhumrah-Does not play test in Ind , when ever Ind needs him in an Impt. game he is mostly unable to deliver.

6.Shaheen- Good in White ball, Okayish in Test -But I think that is due to PCB and Pak cricket's more attention towards White ball mostly t20

7.Shami- If he had good T20i credentials then he will be up on the list, lacks t20 variations

8.Hazlewood- V.consistant in Test and after IPL stint he is able to bring his T20i game up as well.

9.Boult-V.reliable in all 3 format 

10.Roach/Broad/Southee -He is able to seam/swing the ball in every condition

This your ranking? Or you just giving your opinion about each bowler in general? 

some lowda here was saying oh no spinners and pacers from overseas don't get enough practice in indian and Sri Lanka pitches to do well.

Applying same logic to address the logical fallacy, Indian pacers and spinners don't get enough practice in sena conditions either Lel. Onle 3 tests to 4 per country. 

Edited by speedracer