Match 33: CSK vs KKR at the Garden

maniac

Thakur remains dropped for some reason. Probably a better option than Khejroliya from what little I have seen of him (can give him a benefit of doubt. Maybe picked to bowl Yorkers at the death). Vaibhav Arora is another option. 

With CSK, you don’t have to bother looking up for playing 11 as at this stage of the tournament the team usually is as Dhoni would say “unchanged (no change)”

Edited by zen

2 minutes ago, zen said:

With CSK, you don’t have to bother looking up for playing 11 as at this stage of the tournament the team usually is as Dhoni would say “unchanged (no change)”

Their batting picks itself and their bowlers are all interchangeable :phehe: Thala bowls for them anyways 

8 minutes ago, zen said:

Thakur remains dropped for some reason. Probably a better option than Khejroliya from what little I have seen of him (can give him a benefit of doubt. Maybe picked to bowl Yorkers at the death). Vaibhav Arora is another option. 

Harshit Rana is another option.

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

Their batting picks itself and their bowlers are all interchangeable :phehe: Thala bowls for them anyways 

In batting CSK does have option to play  Stokes, who can do well in pressure situations. Stokes is inconsistent but tends to pick up his game at key stages.  Dhoni may have overlooked that looking at his inconsistency. 

Just now, zen said:

In batting CSK does have option to play  Stokes, who can do well in pressure situations. Stokes is inconsistent but tends to pick up his game at key stages.  Dhoni may have overlooked that looking at his inconsistency. 

I think he is injured. Stokes is a player you want in the x1 even if he is totally out of form. 

1 minute ago, zen said:

Stokes is in a steady decline phase . He's not the player he was 3 years ago. Injuries and mental health issues have taken their toll. 

At this point, the best chance to win the tournament (not necessarily playoff teams as any team from any tier can make the playoff): 

Tier 1: CSK & GT

Tier 2: KKR, LSG, PK, & RR

Tier 3: DC, MI, RCB, & SRH

So if CSK and/or GT continue to play well, they have the best chance to lift the title if one or both make it to the playoffs! 

Edited by zen

1 minute ago, maniac said:

Conway, Ali, Theekshana, Pathirana are csk’s overseas players I believe.

I think only Theekshana can be replaced by stokes as one would assume CSK has decent local spinners if required.

Rest I feel pick themselves @zen

Yeah, it would be one of the two bowlers depending on Indian options (and how CSK uses impact player) and if Stokes is bowling well.