Looking at our future Test stocks

Vijy

6 hours ago, zen said:

Gavaskar-Bhajji are saying something similar as above about tailored spinning pitches hurting India as a) Batsmen do not get to bat longer, b) pacers do not get to bowl longer spells, and c) spinners who do well on such pitches are not able to do well elsewhere: 

Ashwin was best bowler in last WTC final.

Jadeja was best in WTC final 2023.

7 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Ashwin was best bowler in last WTC final.

Jadeja was best in WTC final 2023.

I don’t think so (Ind lost advantage bowling in the first inning in both the games where Shami & Ishant, & Siraj did well respectively) … Besides the point, the discussion is on the big picture (not a game here and there) … and none of those two are likely to feature in the next WTC final! 

2 hours ago, zen said:

I don’t think so (Ind lost advantage bowling in the first inning in both the games where Shami & Ishant, & Siraj did well respectively) … Besides the point, the discussion is on the big picture (not a game here and there) … and none of those two are likely to feature in the next WTC final! 

They were able to do well in finals is a fact.

No amount of misinformation against them will change this fact.

9 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Jaddu didn't bowl on day 5 to out of form bowlers.

To get that opportunity, he would have to be good enough to get into the OZ side :dontknow: 

PS and note that it was Ind that won the toss and decided to bowl first.

Edited by zen
Just now, Trichromatic said:

They were able to do well in finals is a fact.

No amount of misinformation against them will change this fact.

The misinformation is usually provided by you! 

There is a difference b/w doing well (which many players do at various points of a game) and being the best, which is what you said. 

9 minutes ago, Lord said:

because there wasn't a bias against youngsters as exists today. Kuldeep should have played much more after Sydney 5fer and even dropped after MOTM in Bdesh

As.long as we have this pathetic top order batting skill will be given weightage not that kuldeep is terrible with bat. Very unfortunate player. I would not have minded kuldeep ahead of Ashwin here even though Ash vs left handers is a good match up. Kuldeep can spin both ways

Kuldeep would have wrecked havoc on this Oval pitch that was offering bounce as well.  Such a pathetic batting order we have. 

We haven't got many Test class prospects thanks to no A series (customary f** off to Jay Shah & BCCI clowns) 

Still Jaiswal Patidar should be included...  I somehow don't rate Sarfaraz against serious quick stuff.. 

Bowling stocks are incredibly rare. 

Kuldeep Sen if fit & Harshit Rana come to mind.   Even Saini is a decent stop gao solution over Umesh & Mookesh. 

20 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

Off course! I was talking more about replacing the legacy not the person. I take it back. Currently he can do the job.

Legacy will be built if he plays continously.

Might not be that effective but will do the job. Being a wrist spinner he'll be effective overseas too.

5 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Kuldeep would have wrecked havoc on this Oval pitch that was offering bounce as well.  Such a pathetic batting order we have. 

We haven't got many Test class prospects thanks to no A series (customary f** off to Jay Shah & BCCI clowns) 

Still Jaiswal Patidar should be included...  I somehow don't rate Sarfaraz against serious quick stuff.. 

Bowling stocks are incredibly rare. 

Kuldeep Sen if fit & Harshit Rana come to mind.   Even Saini is a decent stop gao solution over Umesh & Mookesh. 

sarfaraz can still play in at least 5-6 nations around the world (barring SA, Aus, and maybe one of NZ/Eng). It is Patidar who is unproven in A matches, since his most notable exploits are either in IPL or Ind FC matches