• BJP+ 300-320
    • BJP+ 272-300
    • Hung Parliament- Operation Lotus
    • Hung Parliament- INDIA operation
    • INDIA 272+
    • Aayega to Modi hi - idc about numbers
    • Poltics gayi bhad mein NRIs murdabad

37 minutes ago, gattaca said:

Man that’s a funny video Rahul Gandhi released he mentioned he is the best player and defeated the first time someone taught him. 

As a recreational chess enthusiast for decades, this is too funny. 
First off, even most genius chess players wont beat anyone in their first attempt, unless the other side is trying to lose or makes a total blunder. This is because there are plenty of chess openings, where if you do not know the pattern, you are screwed by move 3/4 and there is nothing you can do to stop being screwed - such as scholar's mate, fried liver attack, etc. 

Secondly, Kasparov was not a ' non-linear' thinker in chess, he was a very strong linear thinker, who's main power was his ability to utterly destroy defensive chess openings like Sicilian defence and counter gambits like queens/kings gambit,along with being perfect in the end game (the last is something that Magnus Carlsen also has in his resume- god of the late game).

If you want to read about a non-linear chess thinker who was the genius amongst geniuses, it was Mikhael Tal. Because Tal was the best ever at counter-intuitive sacrifice plays, where he'd sacrifice like half his pieces to pin your king, where even one deviation from the exact path means certain loss.

I remember watching a chess video ( Agatmador on youtube is probably the best chess channel to see GM games with analysis thrown in, there are a few other channels that are better at teaching you chess combos and stuff) where in the late 80s, in some chess tournament, a guy showed up with a chess puzzle that no one could solve. And this was a stacked chess tourney, with Kasparov, Karpov, Ljubojevic, Korchnoi etc in the field and Tal was a old retired chess reporter back then, who joined the tournament after arriving as a reporter and having some chess GM drop out due to illness ( he still finished 6th in a field of 12 IIRC). Well this puzzle was deemed unsolvable by Kasparov, karpov, etc. and even today the chess engines says its unsolvable, analysed upto 50 deep ( meaning 50 moves in). Well, Tal solved it. And funnily enough, the solution was very much Tal-esque : white to play, with only 2 pawns, a bishop and a knight left, against black's bishop, two knights and five pawns can win....only by sacrificing 2 more pieces. 

1 hour ago, gattaca said:

Man that’s a funny video Rahul Gandhi released he mentioned he is the best player and defeated the first time someone taught him. 

He mentioned he was 7. My 7 yr old niece also beat me first time I taught her, by making new rules and doing :whine: when I took her pieces 

So  he is very right :agree:

8 minutes ago, Lord said:

He mentioned he was 7. My 7 yr old niece also beat me first time I taught her, by making new rules and doing :whine: when I took her pieces 

So  he is very right :agree:

In college i once beat a master ( one step below GM) when he said i can arrange the board however i want, come up with whatever rules (like no castling, un passant etc), so long as the pieces moved the same. I came up with what this dude called ' suicide chess'. Meaning i can kill my own piece if i want to. Like my queen is blocked by my own pawn ahead of her,in straight line with ur king ? ok. I kill pawn. Check. 

Guy got so mad that he offered me 500 bucks if i could beat him even once in standard chess after 50 games. I told him that while this drunken suicide chess was fun and i fluked a win by introducing an unknown variable ( killing your own pieces) to level the playing field, i am not a fool and forget 50 games, i wont even draw once after 200 games, so i am not wasting my time. 
Dude was still sore about it, 20 years later when i ran into him at a friend's wedding. Just goes to show, playing screwy stuff can level the playing field but beating a chess player who's significantly better than you is near on impossible. This is not like an actual 1v1 sport like tennis or table tennis or badminton where your superior physical skills and motivation can carry you ahead of a much more experiened player, chess is one of those games where if you are significantly better than me - like say i am a beginner and you are an intermediate or i am an intermediate and you are a master, my chances of winning against you is akin to winning the lottery - 1 in a million, quite literally.

1 hour ago, gattaca said:

Posted this on the chess thread about Gukesh. Read some responses from ICF’s chess GMs. 
He plays chess like a GM while also does swim in the ocean, and does a Forrest Gump walk across the nation.

Make him PM already

I know this is a phenomenon that I should have gotten used to atleast in my adult life. But I just can't. What is it about the family that draws this level of loyalty. RG has not done anything in his life. I mean really he is massive case of when privilege fails you at everything. 

Like trump derangement syndrome this has to be studied. The guy is not passing his exams, not taking responsibility, not interested in his work, not able to communicate his vision, but there are those who cannot actually highlight one achievement of his, but want him to be PM of 1400 million people. 

This kind of dedicated loyalty to family is something one has to wonder. 

Posted (edited)

2004 :- RG margin of victory 290,000 votes

2009 :- RG margin of victory 370,000 votes

2014 :- RG margin of victory 107,000 votes

2019 :- RG loss 5000 votes

2024 :- What would any reasonable smart person bet on. 

Edited by ravishingravi

2 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Pardon the interruption. Isn't this poster gay? When is homosexuality accepted in Hinduism or India for that matter? Any party should stay away from these LGBT nonsense.

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

Pardon the interruption. Isn't this poster gay? When is homosexuality accepted in Hinduism or India for that matter? Any party should stay away from these LGBT nonsense.

Actually Hinduism not only accepts but has a very defined space for those who more effiminate or poper transgenders. In facts transgenders by birth have a very  sacred place. 

Ofcourse regular reminder. Hinduism is not a monolithic religion 

1 hour ago, ravishingravi said:

Actually Hinduism not only accepts but has a very defined space for those who more effiminate or poper transgenders. In facts transgenders by birth have a very  sacred place. 

Ofcourse regular reminder. Hinduism is not a monolithic religion 

I feel pity for the transgenders. Its a huge crime they are made into what they are. But that aside, the other factors such as homosexuality LGB is not accepted as per our vedic texts. Nor is there any homosexuality in wild animals. Sex is meant for procreation according to the vedas.

36 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

I feel pity for the transgenders. Its a huge crime they are made into what they are. But that aside, the other factors such as homosexuality LGB is not accepted as per our vedic texts. Nor is there any homosexuality in wild animals. Sex is meant for procreation according to the vedas.

The Vedas are not Dogma.Most of the RgVeda is really abstract and has weird rituals tracing back to central asian culture.

12 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

2004 :- RG margin of victory 290,000 votes

2009 :- RG margin of victory 370,000 votes

2014 :- RG margin of victory 107,000 votes

2019 :- RG loss 5000 votes

2024 :- What would any reasonable smart person bet on. 

2019 - RG loss was  55000 votes

2024 - Bhagoda

10 minutes ago, rish said:

The Vedas are not Dogma.Most of the RgVeda is really abstract and has weird rituals tracing back to central asian culture.

You are right there. What I meant was there is no support for it as it was not prevalent. There are mentions of illicit sex in later texts. Homosexuality definitely comes under illicit sex IMO. I don't agree the vedas can be traced to central asia.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, rish said:

Central Asian? That’s what the British told you and you still parrot it i. It is as indigenous as Sindhu valley civilization. Agree that homosexuality was alien to Vedic times while transgender was vaguely defined and accepted in that society. There are pre-BC texts in Sanskrit that interpret Rigvedic rituals and I don’t consider them as vague

Edited by coffee_rules