When will a Indian Team management understand the value of a Fast Bowler?

We should look for ....

....  67% of the pacers  .... tall, hit the deck, bouncy quicks for matches outside Asia and some LOIs in Asia ....   Harshit Rana,   Kuldeep Sen, Prasidh, Tyagi, Mohsin, Mayank Yadav       

....    35% of the pacers .... shorter skiddy quicks for Tests in Asia and the variation bowler outside Asia ....  Siraj, Umran

Bumrah is medium height but bouncy and bowls a heavy ball. Brings the best of both worlds. 

There should be no place for floaty medium pacers like Mukesh Kumar, Bhuvi Kumar, Random Kumar, Harshal Patel etc. 

4 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Actually both of them did play the limited over formats last year and performed good in VHT and SMAT.

Main issue is corruption, Rajasthan and UP has a lot of pacers who refuse to hang boots despite of no hope of making to internationals, likes of Aniket Choudhary, Rituraj Singh, Tanvir Ahmed in Rajasthan and Ankit Rajpoot, Karan Yadav, Aaqib Khan in UP are hogging the places...despite being mediocre to the core.

That's why I appreciate that Akash Singh moved to Nagaland..he was quick to realize that Rajasthan is tough to break in. Likes of Kartik Tyagi, Purnank Tyagi should do the same, and move to Uttarakhand or Himachal where they can play in to the XI. 

Why should anyone hang up their boots.Cricket is their lively hood and you want them to leave it for someone else just because they are not international material. 

Since when it has become obligation for any senior player to retire or make way for younger guys.

2 hours ago, Adamant said:

You could have just said that Kohlis axing as captain ended Indias golden run in tests.

As clear as it gets

It's actually the alarming decline of Kohli, Rahane and Pujara which has caused this travesty...earlier they together used to atleast average around 40-45, post 2020 they are under 30.

Add to it the injury woes of Bumrah and an ageing Shami.

Edited by singhvivek141
1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Why should anyone hang up their boots.Cricket is their lively hood and you want them to leave it for someone else just because they are not international material. 

Since when it has become obligation for any senior player to retire or make way for younger guys.

I don't know what to say here, they are mediocre and they know they're mediocre. But still they will stay in the team because of their "connections" and nothing will be done to ensure that the ones who are worthy and actually have a chance to make big get a place in the team.

There are different ways to earn livelihood in India, I don't want to pin point but many of them have very good businesses/ sports quota job and they enjoy good lifestyle.

Cricket is no more their "profession", but more of an "interest".

55 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

I don't know what to say here, they are mediocre and they know they're mediocre. But still they will stay in the team because of their "connections" and nothing will be done to ensure that the ones who are worthy and actually have a chance to make big get a place in the team.

There are different ways to earn livelihood in India, I don't want to pin point but many of them have very good businesses/ sports quota job and they enjoy good lifestyle.

Cricket is no more their "profession", but more of an "interest".

It does not matter why they are playing as long as they performing for their team and are better options in playing eleven than others in the squad.

What you are saying is  a serious allegation that these guys are staying in the team even though they are no good .They don't have to be international level to play for Rajasthan or UP. It is very very said if what you are saying is true.

I thought days of Vizzy were over long time back.

This is Ranji trophy we are talking about not under 14 or under 16s. 

On 7/11/2023 at 3:29 AM, express bowling said:

We should look for ....

....  67% of the pacers  .... tall, hit the deck, bouncy quicks for matches outside Asia and some LOIs in Asia ....   Harshit Rana,   Kuldeep Sen, Prasidh, Tyagi, Mohsin, Mayank Yadav       

....    35% of the pacers .... shorter skiddy quicks for Tests in Asia and the variation bowler outside Asia ....  Siraj, Umran

Bumrah is medium height but bouncy and bowls a heavy ball. Brings the best of both worlds. 

There should be no place for floaty medium pacers like Mukesh Kumar, Bhuvi Kumar, Random Kumar, Harshal Patel etc. 

I would also like to see at least one genuine swing bowler (like praveen or boobie) who can be horses for courses for a small subset of pitches in SENA

3 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

Nope,he made it up .As I said,gaja was slower than seth.

All are slow only...doesnt matter who is 120 and who is 126. 

:facepalm:

Kaverappa is bowling best of all but he is a trundler...unless he up his pace by 10 kph he is of no use.

West Zone could have played Kushang Patel..atleast he can hit 135-140. All these bowlers look pedestrian.

47 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

None of them are fast ,point was that speedometers sometimes overestimate speeds as well,instead of 125 it could show 135 or vice versa.

Speedo may not be accurate but these 125k average speed is not far off.

Only Vyshak bowled with some intensity at around 132kph. Rest all were around 120-125kph.

3 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I am willing to relax on the aspect of average speed in first class games as they have to bowl more overs. But below 130 is way too low.

If they get selected for India don't they have to bowl 20 overs in a day. These guys are bowling with spinners in the team to handle major overs.

Question remains where are the fast bowlers in the country?

Edited by putrevus