Indian squad for Asian Games announced by BCCI. Ruturaj to lead Team India

Ashwin in one of his YT videos praised Kohli a lot for the 2020-21 BGT triumph (they had some tension around that time with Kohli even mocking him in one of the IPL games), this despite Kohli leaving home after 36 all out. At that time people thought skipper Rahane wasn't getting his due, but now it all makes sense. Kohli was one rare captain who backed genuine quicks to the hilt, he loved them and always encouraged them, even gave up his and Anushka's flight seats for quicks so that they could get more leg space and be more well rested. No matter how much he gets on our nerves now, we must be grateful for that aspect of Kohli. Out and out bowler's captain, more so fast bowler's captain. 2015-21 Indian team was the most watchable Indian team of all time, courtesy the bowling strength, we would pick 20 wickets everywhere. With just a bit more spine in batting we could have done even more wonders in SENA.

Now Dravid and Rohit are hell bent on taking us back to the 90s.  

Edited by Gollum
37 minutes ago, Gollum said:

No idea why they want to do this? Do they want to prove Indian bodies aren't fit to survive the rigors of fast bowling?

India has the highest number of javelin throwers in the world with 76+ m throws, higher than athletic superpowers like USA, Russia, Germany, Australia etc. Same biomechanics as fast bowling. I am sure that if we do some digging, we will have more 90+ mph bowlers than rest of the world combined. Even if a handful of them develop other skills we can assemble a fast bowling unit like the Windies of 1976-95.

Neeraj Chopra effect: India has the most number of javelin throwers with 76m+ throws

Even now, India has the most number of 140 k+ pacers in the world. Atleast 28 off the top of my head. But very few of them are getting picked after 2022.

Team India regulars .... 5

Bumrah 

Shami

Siraj

Umesh .. almost done 

Ishant .. almost done .. tall 

Newbies / Non-regulars .... atleast 18

Harshit Rana .. tall

Umran

Tyagi .. tall 

Sen .. tall 

Prasidh .. tall 

Mohsin .. tall 

Saini .. tallish 

Mayank Yadav 

Simarjeet

Yudhvir Singh .. tall 

Akashdeep .. tall 

Gurnoor .. tall 

Nagarkoti

Deshpande

Sushant Mishra

Asif 

Eden 

Aaron .. almost done 

On good days .... atleast 5

Avesh .. tall

Khaleel .. tall 

Yash Thakur 

Thampi 

Gaurav Yadav 

Edited by express bowling
4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Even now, India has the most number of 140 k+ pacers in the world. Atleast 26 off the top of my head. But very few of them are getting picked after 2022.

Bumrah 

Shami

Siraj

Umesh .. almost done 

Newbies / Non-regulars .... atleast 16

Umran

Tyagi .. tall 

Sen .. tall 

Harshit Rana .. tall

Prasidh .. tall 

Mohsin .. tall 

Saini .. tallish 

Mayank Yadav 

Simarjeet

Yudhvir Singh .. tall 

Akashdeep .. tall 

Nagarkoti

Gurnoor .. tall 

Deshpande

Sushant Mishra

Aaron .. almost done 

Avesh .. tall

Khaleel .. tall 

Yash Thakur 

Thampi 

Gaurav Yadav 

Tom Eden

Asif

There's a real problem of format confusion

Mukesh and Avesh have been good FC, but not as white ball bowlers and should not be playing T20I at all

On the other hand Yash Thakur, guys like Madhwal even Deshpande have done well in IPL and SMAT. Kaverappa was good in VH and SMAT, and clearly in good bowling form. Better LOI options than Mukesh and Avesh.

Varun C should have been in IMO, has developed his bowling of late.

The batting picks are good tbf. I think with the standby picks , there's still room for Gaekwad and Jaiswal in WC.

I wish Tewatia was given a chance: unique skill set as a finisher who can bowl wrist spin 

14 hours ago, deepdynamo said:

This tournament clashes with the ODI World Cup . So that means

Jaiswal out

Gaikwad out
Washington out
Bishnoi out
Arshdeep out

How conveniently they have discarded Washington out of ODI squad and preferred Axar over him. 

Does this idiot TM planning to play both Axar and Jadeja in playing XI?

With the standbys there's always a chance. They can get in, much hinges on Iyer and KL injury

Interesting that no Samson in there 

I do hope Sundar proves his form and fitness and is in WC

50 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Even now, India has the most number of 140 k+ pacers in the world. Atleast 28 off the top of my head. But very few of them are getting picked after 2022.

Bumrah 

Shami

Siraj

Umesh .. almost done 

Harshit Rana .. tall

Umran

Tyagi .. tall 

Sen .. tall 

Prasidh .. tall 

Mohsin .. tall 

Saini .. tallish 

Mayank Yadav 

Simarjeet

Yudhvir Singh .. tall 

Akashdeep .. tall 

Gurnoor .. tall 

Nagarkoti

Deshpande

Sushant Mishra

Asif 

Eden 

Aaron .. almost done 

Avesh .. tall

Khaleel .. tall 

Yash Thakur 

Thampi 

Gaurav Yadav 

Mukesh and Avesh have been good FC, but not as white ball bowlers and should not be playing T20I at all

On the other hand Yash Thakur, guys like Madhwal even Deshpande have done well in IPL and SMAT. Kaverappa was good in VH and SMAT, and clearly in good bowling form. Better LOI options than Mukesh and Avesh.

15 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

What the F..

Mukesh Kumar, Avesh Khan, Shivam Mavi, Shahbaz Ahmed...

Arshdeep and Bishnoi are the only 2 sane selections.

Likes of Yash Thakur performed much much better than these Trundlers. 

Mavi and Shabaz are good picks

Mukesh and Avesh should be nowhere near T20I, should be in first class cricket A team though.

1 minute ago, Sooda said:

Mavi and Shabaz are good picks

Mukesh and Avesh should be nowhere near T20I, should be in first class cricket A team though.

Mavi isn't a T20 bowler, he can swing the new ball and that's it.

He can't bowl Yorkers and he has only a variation with off cutter. Though he can bat and is a good fielder.

Shahbaz is not a proper bowler, he doesn't even have very high pedigree with bat either. He is basically another Krunal Pandya... comfortably inferior than Sundar or even Abhishek Sharma.

1 hour ago, Sooda said:

Even in red ball cricket, Mukesh is a very one dimensional bowler. Good with only the new ball in red ball cricket. Looks innocuous with an older ball. 

Avesh has major fitness issues. He drops speed and intensity aftef 2 overs in T20s. In red ball cricket, he starts operating in the 120s after 2 spells. 

My picks ....

Harshit, Sen and Prasidh for red ball cricket and ODIs. 

Yash Thakur and Umran for T20Is. 

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Bumrah 

Shami

Siraj

Umesh .. almost done 

Harshit Rana .. tall

Umran

Tyagi .. tall 

Sen .. tall 

Prasidh .. tall 

Mohsin .. tall 

Saini .. tallish 

Mayank Yadav 

Simarjeet

Yudhvir Singh .. tall 

Akashdeep .. tall 

Gurnoor .. tall 

Nagarkoti

Deshpande

Sushant Mishra

Asif 

Eden 

Aaron .. almost done 

Avesh .. tall

Khaleel .. tall 

Yash Thakur 

Thampi 

Gaurav Yadav 

I get all this. India have plenty of fast bowlers yes. Many of them being bouncy and 140+

But....

Not a single bowler from tamil nadi??

What a disgrace

Why have mrf foundation there. 

Balaji was the last pacer who came from there to represent India and he was a trundler albeit skilled.

How is TN famed for their toughness etc not able to produce one single fast bowler loolll. I am not sure if there is a quota system involved  but this is disgusting to witness.

Edited by wazza
15 minutes ago, wazza said:

I get all this. India have plenty of fast bowlers yes. Many of them being bouncy and 140+

But....

What a disgrace

Balaji was the last pacer who came from there to represent India and he was a trundler albeit skilled.

How is TN famed for their toughness etc not able to produce one single fast bowler loolll. I am not sure if there is a quota system involved  but this is disgusting to witness.

Mostly Chennai based (veg) Brahmins play for TN. Also look at the state of Chepauk, who would want to be a fast bowler there?

Edited by Gollum
7 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Mostly Chennai based (veg) Brahmins play for TN. Also look at the state of Chepauk, who would want to be a fast bowler there?

Thought so. Thanks for confirming. Yesterda it's too hot as well haha

3 hours ago, wazza said:

But....

What a disgrace

TN cricket is dominated by Chennai..where you will mostly get spinner aiding pitches due to hot weather. Plus Chepauk is a pace bowler graveyard.

Areas around Coimbatore, Selam and Madurai, TN board can look for fast bowlers..but I doubt how much they get the exposure.

Majority of the quicks are coming through small towns where life is hard...metro cities which are brimming with facilities are moving towards indoor games due to lack of space.

In Hyderabad, finding a cricket ground to play Corporate games is a herculean task. You have to book them 2-3 months in advance like IRCTC.

Edited by singhvivek141
3 hours ago, Gollum said:

Not anymore.. With TNPL, there is a lot more exposure to everyone.. But no-one would want to go the fast bowler route given the heat in TN and the graveyard pitches. Result is a bunch of trundlers who barely make the Ranji level

10 hours ago, bowl_out said:

Not anymore.. With TNPL, there is a lot more exposure to everyone.. But no-one would want to go the fast bowler route given the heat in TN and the graveyard pitches. Result is a bunch of trundlers who barely make the Ranji level

Wish they make some spicey tracks. The local tamil people from districts are tough and naturally strong. They could do well if given chances. 

Kerela neighbours do produce some good pacers from time to time as they have much conditions and pitches are a bit better with some grass aiding fast bowlers.