Hyderabad Cricket Association says can’t host back to back cricket World Cup games, one is Pakistan’s

javier26

2 hours ago, Throwaib_Chuckter said:

How is HCA still a raging mess in this day and age?

Maybe some point scoring is afoot, what with BCCI and its politically spiced leadership.

If this is true, politicos need to smell the coffee or biriyani and leave their cheap tricks out of cricket (wishful thinking on my part).

Chuckte Raho

TC

Again it's not BJP fault but HCA fault?

This is the issue with the country

5 hours ago, BlueBlood said:

Hyderabad Police has informed HCA that they can't provide security for 2 back to back games.

Law and order is a state subject and as far as I am aware, the state where Hyderabad is based is ruled by opposition party.

Just curious, how BJP to be blamed here?

And I am asking only for this specific case as we all know there are 100s of faults in BJP but don't see how they can be blamed here.

Edited by Austin 3:!6
22 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Hyderabad Police has informed HCA that they can't provide security for 2 back to back games.

Law and order is a state subject and as far as I am aware, the state where Hyderabad is based is ruled by opposition party.

And I am asking only for this specific case as we all know there are 100s of faults in BJP but don't see how they can be blamed here.

I don't like Jay Shah one bit and I curse Modi for this nepo product everyday but BCCI talks to state association representatives long before the schedule is out. I don't think state associations cannot foresee these things at that time.

This is clearly state govt trying to sabotage. Anyway I don't think it will cause the issue because central govt can deploy central reserve police for a day in such scenarios. 

1 hour ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

So state associations decide schedule without taking approvals from administration?

I am surprised that it works like that.

8 hours ago, BlueBlood said:

:phehe: Kudos you managed to give BJP a clean chit regardless of my take on BCCI leadership here:

what with BCCI and its politically spiced leadership. 

Fact of the matter when it comes to politics especially; ek haath se taali nahi bajti. :cheer:

I don't have a problem with calling a spade a spade and that applies to both sides of the political spectrum.

Chuckte Raho

TC

Edited by Throwaib_Chuckter
1 hour ago, Trichromatic said:

So state associations decide schedule without taking approvals from administration?

I am surprised that it works like that.

I may be wrong but state police works on intel which they receive every day. Just bcoz an approval was taken in the past, its not something written in stone and can't change. Security of players is the biggest priority. I know its frustrating for us Indian fans as we want the tickets of world cups to be out ASAP but govt will give green light only if its safe to do so.

I think ICC should not give any future events to India or in Subcontinent for next few years as its too much volatile politically. Just keep these big tournaments in first world countries.

5 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

I may be wrong but state police works on intel which they receive every day. Just bcoz an approval was taken in the past, its not something written in stone and can't change. Security of players is the biggest priority. I know its frustrating for us Indian fans as we want the tickets of world cups to be out ASAP but govt will give green light only if its safe to do so.

I think ICC should not give any future events to India or in Subcontinent for next few years as its too much volatile politically. Just keep these big tournaments in first world countries.

There were more than 4 years to plan.

The excuse of security is completely bogus if you had 4+ years to plan.

It's just that the Indian (and subcontinent) culture of leaving everything to last minute and then panicking is the issue. Even Caribbean nations are guilty of this.

The biggest issue is nepotism and inept people in charge. Why can't we admit it?

Suddenly some keyboard warriors come and bring about Owaisi, Hyderabad Cricket Association etc. who have nothing to do with planning of the venues and schedules.

And this is not a BJP issue either, during the 2010 Common Wealth Games too in Delhi where Sheila Dikshit made a similar mess of it.

The problem arises when people put BJP on a pedestal on adminstrative side when they are even worse than Congress ever was but then media blackout makes it impossible to learn the truth.

Hyderabad isn't alone though
 Cricket Bengal did similar thing citing they can't provide security on Nov 12 for Pak Eng game which coincided wih Kali Puja which was changed

So did Ahmedabad citing security issues for Ind-Pak game on Oct 15 since it clashed with first day of Navratri, this was also changed.

The Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) has requested the BCCI to move the England vs Pakistan ODI World Cup game, scheduled to be played at Kolkata's Eden Gardens on November 12, to another date, suggesting November 11 as an alternative. The development came after the city police informed CAB that they are expecting enhanced security for the game as Pakistan are one of the teams. November 12 is also the date for Kali Puja, one of the city's, and the region's, most important Hindu festivals.

ESPNcricinfo has learnt that CAB officials had a meeting with city police authorities on Thursday, and were informed about the law-and-order concerns on the day of the festival. Following that, the association wrote to Jay Shah, the BCCI secretary, requesting the date change.

This comes close on the heels of the Ahmedabad police expressing its inability to provide security for the India vs Pakistan game on October 15, since it clashed with the first day of the nine-day Hindu festival of Navaratri, one of the most important festivals in Gujarat, of which Ahmedabad is a part, and many other parts of northern India.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/odi-world-cup-bengal-cricket-requests-bcci-to-reschedule-pakistan-england-game-1391033