Indian all rounders stats( last 4 years)

Majestic

Let's have a look at the stats for the Indian all rounders in last 4 years period :-

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;orderby=batting_strike_rate;qualmin1=200;qualmin2=10;qualval1=runs;qualval2=wickets;spanmax1=29+Aug+2023;spanmin1=29+Aug+2019;spanval1=span;team=6;template=results;type=allround

1. Washington Sundar has the best bowling average among all the Indian all rounders.

2. Pandya has been the best batsman among all rounders. His bowling avg is also good.

3. Jadeja's batting average is the best but they are backed up by low strike rate of 81. His bowling has gone to the dogs with an average of 54.

4. Shardul seems not a bad no.8 option based on his bowling average. Economy is higher though.

Edited by Majestic

Pandya's bowling average can be misleading. If he gets hit around in one over he gets taken off and he never bowls another over or he doesn't complete his quota. 23 matches 101 overs. That is just over 4 overs per match. They are all bits and pieces players

Average overs per match (approx)

Jadeja 7.7
Thakur 7.2
Axar 6 
Sundar 5
Pandya 4

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

Pandya's bowling average can be misleading. If he gets hit around in one over he gets taken off and he never bowls another over or he doesn't complete his quota. 23 matches 101 overs. That is just over 4 overs per match. They are all bits and pieces players

Average overs per match (approx)

Jadeja 7.7
Thakur 7.2
Axar 6 
Sundar 5
Pandya 4

An average of 4 hours in ODI is not something which one expect from your 5th/6th pacer.

That's where I have my reservations against Pandya the bowler, if he can give me 5-7 overs consistently in back to back games. Even Sundar is also underbowled a bit.

Average should be between 5.5-6.

5 hours ago, Number said:

Jadeja in white ball has always been a batsman who will do nothing when match is hanging in balance or requires someone to play a gritty innings. 

When game is dead and buried he will play for his runs.

Yes. When we chase low total. He is not going to produce those innings like Kedar Jadhav's 120 in 76 balls batting down the order. For all the fun we made of Kedar he rarely compromised on strike rate. His finished with a career strike rate over 100

On 8/29/2023 at 11:02 AM, singhvivek141 said:

An average of 4 hours in ODI is not something which one expect from your 5th/6th pacer.

That's where I have my reservations against Pandya the bowler, if he can give me 5-7 overs consistently in back to back games. Even Sundar is also underbowled a bit.

Average should be between 5.5-6.

This is the problem I have with Hardik. If he is not fit enough to bowl his full spell even occasionally, then there's no use playing him as a 5th bowler.  Just play him in T20s 

These so called all-rounders are all very limited .   

Pandya can't bowl enough overs consistently in ODIs. In addition, he gets found out against hard lengths and against left arm spin. 

Then we play Jadeja - another bowling allrounder to cover up the overs - who is neither a great wicket taker nor is he any good with the bat.

Then we have Thakur who can only bowl in the middle overs and is absolutely terrible at the death. And scores less  than 15 runs per innings .

What is the point of such all rounders at 6,7,8?  

You are weakening the entire team to accommodate this rubbish. 

If this is the quality of our allrounders,  just play 1 of them at 7  .  And play a proper batsman and a proper fast bowler (Prasidh?) 

Get 5-6 overs part time spin from batsmen and get a power hitting coach to work with bowlers to hit a couple of sixes