SMAT - 2023 Edition

41 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Didn't knew Markande was a Punjabi:hatsoff:...  Finally a quality leggie in there.  

A more than decent T20 outfit...   Wish the pace bowling stocks were decent.  Umran should move to Punjab lol

He won't, he is in top 3 pacer of J&K

Simarjeet Singh should play for Punjab...he is missing chances in Delhi.

4 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Gurnoor is faster I believe....much better batter as well.

Simarjeet is also a better choice. Delhi has pelthora of fast bowlers so Simarjeet can move back to Punjab. 

Gurnoor didn't look fast in his only IPL game. Need to see more.

4 minutes ago, Lord said:

Gurnoor didn't look fast in his only IPL game. Need to see more.

Didn't he clocked 140 ? My memory is not very sharp but as far as what I remember he clocked 143 (may be wrong through)

Height of 6.5 feet is a big big advantage...and is a power striker as well with bat. Such players are rare in Indian Cricketing circuit.

11 minutes ago, Lord said:

I am more amazed how these guys dont improve one bit.

They take the easy way...knuckle balls.

Instead of adding skills like yorkers, bouncers, faster one, seam movement...they just stick with this knuckle ball formula.

Not their fault though, when Unadkut can earn crores in IPL courtesy of cutter deliveries, why someone bend their back and try to learn multiple skills.

Unless we make our pitches pacy, such easy route choosing bowlers continue to exist & thrive. 

Just now, singhvivek141 said:

They take the easy way...knuckle balls.

Instead of adding skills like yorkers, bouncers, faster one, seam movement...they just stick with this knuckle ball formula.

Not their fault though, when Unadkut can earn crores in IPL courtesy of cutter deliveries, why someone bend their back and try to learn multiple skills.

Unless we make our pitches pacy, such easy route choosing bowlers continue to exist & thrive. 

Bhuvi bhaiya their inspiration.

Punjab wins!!

Champions

:yay:

Winning the match after losing the toss was great.  IMO, stronger middle order this time around set up the title.  Previously, they always sneak into knockout stages and to win it all the way, this time around credit goes to a stronger and inform middle order.  Abhishek at the top, Prabhsimran (wasn't in great touch), Anmolpreet really turned out to be a surprise for me to be striking at such high strike rates.  Even Mandeep chipped in the semis.  Arshdeep wasn't in great touch on these pitches but stepped it up in the final.  Wadera, Ramandeep, or even Sanvir.  Everyone chipped in at one stage or another. IMO, bowling is still weak but kudos for winning the cup. Kaul gets you wickets like in semis at the front.  Markande has the goods, needs to tighten it up. Anyways, happy with the batting. There's some decent talent in this lineup. I'd like some new faces in the pace dept to be given chances.

1 hour ago, singhvivek141 said:

Nehal Wadhera & Abhishek Sharma now has genuine chance of getting India call...specially Abhishek Sharma.

Arshdeep can be called back as well post WC for T20 series vs Australia.

Where to fit Abhishek ?  Problem is he is not 10 over bowler to replace Jaddu , also cannot be taken as pure batter with some  bowling . We have far far better batters than him. Dilemma !

11 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Where to fit Abhishek ?  Problem is he is not 10 over bowler to replace Jaddu , also cannot be taken as pure batter with some  bowling . We have far far better batters than him. Dilemma !

I think he is in competition with Tilak. Pure batters who can bowl a bit. Jaddu's competition are Nishant, Washy & Axar.

In future for a team which don't have Kohli or Rohit in XI, he can easily bat at no 3 (assuming Gill & Jaiswal as openers).

A bowling option in top 3 also helps us with bowling depth and we can play 5 high quality bowlers at the bottom...plus we can eliminate dependency on Pandya.