Supreme court turns down same sex marriage and the right of same sex couples to adopt kids

bharathh

1 hour ago, Khota said:

They don't understand that. These guys are drunk with power and think it is ok to have 5 judges with the same viewpoint. Indian system in this case is much better.

Then why do you oppose the clean-chit given to Adani by the SC? They are supposed to be fair and balanced with the Indian system. 

10 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Sanatan dharma is at least 5000 years old. Before that SSVC has records of rituals that resembles Vedic marriages. What are you on about?

I have no clue what you are talking about. Talk about a tangent, issue is why are Homosexuals not accorded the same right.

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

You said Marriage predates religion. 

Someone started that side discussion. What bearing does that have on homosexuals not getting their rights. 

No one has pointed any law that they have broken.

20 hours ago, Khota said:

People were getting married 2000 years back. And what exactly are you trying to say?

My point is marriage is a religious concept. It has only come in consultation because its religion which dictates two people to get married. 

If people of same sex want to live together, so be it. But if they want to get “married” then they can’t as why the eff they should care about a particular religious activity. Find one religious scripture where homosexuality is acceptable, i will accept these people can get married .

Till then, they are effectively trying to misrepresent what people of faith believe in

Edited by mishra

5 hours ago, mishra said:

My point is marriage is a religious concept. It has only come in consultation because its religion which dictates two people to get married. 

If people of same sex want to live together, so be it. But if they want to get “married” then they can’t as why the eff they should care about a particular religious activity. Find one religious scripture where homosexuality is acceptable, i will accept these people can get married .

Till then, they are effectively trying to misrepresent what people of faith believe in

Just because religion thinks it is not acceptable does not make it right. When these religious books were written, they had very little knowledge of science.

5 hours ago, mishra said:

who told you marriage is a religious concept? you can be be an atheist and still get married in india. 

2 hours ago, Ranvir said:

Legalise this and then watch your kids being taught in school there are 57 genders, while being under 10 years old. 

If the buck stopped at gay marriage then fine but it will not, the kind of nonsense being taught to kids in the west is shocking now. 

This is called teaching the truth. More science learns more some will get shocked.

Let us not forget only 700 years back we thought sun goes around the earth.

1 minute ago, mishra said:

Question to ask is , If you’re atheist, why do u need marriage which is a religious thing?

FOR the last time.-MARRIAGE DOESNT HAVE TO BE A RELIGIOUS THING.If you think couples only get married because their religion require it then i wont have anything else to say..

1 hour ago, cowboysfan said:

FOR the last time.-MARRIAGE DOESNT HAVE TO BE A RELIGIOUS THING.If you think couples only get married because their religion require it then i wont have anything else to say..

Marriage is religious concept. Although in constitution, it has been inspired by religion only .  End of story. If you are athiest , why do you need to marry? Just “live together”. No point to disrespect institution of marriage. Specially for homosexuals, which religions don’t approve of.

Edited by mishra