Who are your semi-finalists?

Texan

We are almost half way through the league phase and a clear gulf appears to be emerging between the top 3 teams who are not just top on points, but have a very significant NRR advantage and the rest. So, who do you think are going to be the semi-finalists?

Based on current scenario, it looks like India, NZ and SA are likely to make it leaving a 4th spot open for contention. Aus roaring back into form are ominous signs. Can they secure the 4th spot? Can Pak or England make a comeback? Can the current top 3 actually make it? I still have some doubts about SA because they have choked in the past and could do so again.

Nothing is guaranteed yet. But India should make the semis with SL / Netherlands being 2 of the 4 remaining teams to face. 7 wins should be enough to put them through. 

NZ will have some work to do , but should be reaching the semis as will SA. 

The 4th semifinalists would likely be between Australia and Pakistan with England having an outside chance but I don't see Pakistan prevailing against SA , Eng , NZ. They might win one of the three matches. 

Australia on the other hand are a team on the ascendancy , despite their weaknesses, Head's return makes them more balanced. They'll find a way to beat NZ (They always seem to do). Both cant afford to lose 2 matches though. I suspect Aus vs England to be the key match to see who gets in. 

24 minutes ago, bsriharsha said:

Nothing is guaranteed yet. But India should make the semis with SL / Netherlands being 2 of the 4 remaining teams to face. 7 wins should be enough to put them through. 

NZ will have some work to do , but should be reaching the semis as will SA. 

The 4th semifinalists would likely be between Australia and Pakistan with England having an outside chance but I don't see Pakistan prevailing against SA , Eng , NZ. They might win one of the three matches. 

Australia on the other hand are a team on the ascendancy , despite their weaknesses, Head's return makes them more balanced. They'll find a way to beat NZ (They always seem to do). Both cant afford to lose 2 matches though. I suspect Aus vs England to be the key match to see who gets in. 

NZ has some chance of falling by wayside. I expect SA and Ind to make it

IND, SA, OZ, .  NZ can really bottle it from here. Last time, after a strong start, they lost to PAK, OZ, ENG , nearly bottled against WI and sneaked through on NRR only.

Only we truly struggle against them.  They are very well capable of losing 3 matches now.

India are going to do some useless gimmicks like play Ashwin vs England(now that Hardik is out) and let England off the hook. Instead of crushing them and dumping them out of the tournament when we have the chance.

Too hard to call 4th place right now.

NZ look like the weakest of all Top 4 teams right now. They have matches to go against SA, Pakistan and Australia and they are capable of losing to all of them. Even if they win their match against SL, they will only be on 10 Points. If Pakistan win all of their remaining matches which is also a difficult task, they can go ahead of NZ.