Pick Shreyas ahead of SKY/Ishan for the knockout matches

randomGuy

14 hours ago, Texan said:

We should stick with Iyer for now. He seems to be a better MO batsman than SKY and Kishan. Kishan is not really a MO batsman, he struggles massively to get any sort of timing when he bats in MO. SKY has struggled in ODIs and so far appears to only be suitable to bat when about 10-12 overs are remaining. We need a number 4 batsman and Iyer is the only viable option in the current squad. He needs to leave a few of the short balls. His instinctive reaction is to hit the pull shot, but he needs to be more judicious in when to execute it. 

Kishan gets stuck in the middle overs. SKY has a cieling of 50 on a good day. Played so many innings. Yet to score a 100.

Just now, Gollum said:

He has a glaring technical deficiency but is mentally strong. Steve Waugh was also like that. 

I have never seen anyone weak against short ball , pulled with full arm etxtension. He did that more than few times. He even hit one for six. His only problem is not avoiding the balls that he should avoid.  Dhawan, Raina so many guys were far weaker than this. They could never pull with full arm extension. Most guys won't even get to this level. He has come a long way. 

26 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I have never seen anyone weak against short ball , pulled with full arm etxtension. He did that more than few times. He even hit one for six. His only problem is not avoiding the balls that he should avoid.  Dhawan, Raina so many guys were far weaker than this. They could never pull with full arm extension. Most guys won't even get to this level. He has come a long way. 

Exactly. I feel like his weakness is something he can overcome with some restraint. It is very different from the weaknesses that Ganguly and Raina had. Both of those guys were afraid of the short balls. I don't get that same feeling from Iyer. He just needs to control some of his instincts when he faces short balls.