Delhi choking again - Thank the Anndata

ravishingravi

22 minutes ago, Khota said:

Pollution in Lahore:

Pakistan: Punjab govt declares four-day holiday due to pollution-fuelled smog; schools, markets closed

Pakistan: Punjab govt declares four-day holiday due to pollution-fuelled smog; schools, markets closed (msn.com)

Pakistan: Punjab govt declares four-day holiday due to pollution-fuelled smog; schools, markets closed

Whi does Lahore have so much pollution and not Amritsar which is nearby?

Because stubble burning in punjab can either way based on winds. 

1 hour ago, gattaca said:

That’s the whole point. All natural. It gives nitrogen over time and worms decompose it. It a slow nitrogen release compared to urea which impacts crop growth cycle.

And the fields sit idle for months and the interest keeps accumulating. Nice business model.

13 minutes ago, Khota said:

And the fields sit idle for months and the interest keeps accumulating. Nice business model.

some smart Punjabi farmers are tilling he has been doing it since the 2018. If he can do it why can’t others ?  This farmer said it will decompose with in a week. Why is it a bad business model ? It is organic and has no pollution.

Bhupinder Singh, 59, who cultivates 30 acres in Badarpur, the last village of Mohali district, has not been burning paddy stubble since 2018. Instead, he mixes it with soil using an MB plough, a tillage equipment, after which the land is ready for sowing the next crop — wheat.

He says that after it is buried, stubble residue gets decomposed within a week. “With the absorption of stubble in soil, the consumption of fertiliser has dropped. Earlier, we used to use potash for wheat crop which we no longer do,” he says. “Farmers do not want to burn stubble. When a grower finds his next crop is getting delayed, he resorts to setting crop residue on fire. Otherwise he is as much concerned about the environment as anyone else,” he adds.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cities/chandigarh-news/how-some-farmers-in-punjab-are-cashing-in-on-stubble-instead-of-burning-it-101665347458072-amp.html

5 minutes ago, gattaca said:

some smart Punjabi farmers are tilling he has been doing it since the 2018. If he can do it why can’t others ?  This farmer said it will decompose with in a week. Why is it a bad business model ? It is organic and has no pollution.

Bhupinder Singh, 59, who cultivates 30 acres in Badarpur, the last village of Mohali district, has not been burning paddy stubble since 2018. Instead, he mixes it with soil using an MB plough, a tillage equipment, after which the land is ready for sowing the next crop — wheat.

He says that after it is buried, stubble residue gets decomposed within a week. “With the absorption of stubble in soil, the consumption of fertiliser has dropped. Earlier, we used to use potash for wheat crop which we no longer do,” he says. “Farmers do not want to burn stubble. When a grower finds his next crop is getting delayed, he resorts to setting crop residue on fire. Otherwise he is as much concerned about the environment as anyone else,” he adds.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cities/chandigarh-news/how-some-farmers-in-punjab-are-cashing-in-on-stubble-instead-of-burning-it-101665347458072-amp.html

If that works, it is a great idea. The time period they have is very small, so burn is the easiest thing to do. Wrong but easy.

Another underline issue is our ancestors ate millets which was the right crop for India and water resources. Now nobody is doing that and that is a big problem as rice consumes much more water.

On 11/9/2023 at 8:10 PM, Khota said:

If that works, it is a great idea. The time period they have is very small, so burn is the easiest thing to do. Wrong but easy.

Another underline issue is our ancestors ate millets which was the right crop for India and water resources. Now nobody is doing that and that is a big problem as rice consumes much more water.

right crop for punjab or everything west of yamuna. Everything east from yamuna has been primarily rice cultivating for 5000+ years. 

1 hour ago, Khota said:

Your ignorance makes you so dangerous.

I can cite you actual evidence, kid.  

Millet has never been the dominant crop in the ganges valley. Its always been rice. Khali khopris have *ed up their land and our air by planting rice in Punjab, where it is not suitable to be grown. 

33 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

I can cite you actual evidence, kid.  

Millet has never been the dominant crop in the ganges valley. Its always been rice. Khali khopris have *ed up their land and our air by planting rice in Punjab, where it is not suitable to be grown. 

Can you mind your language? Who are you calling khali khopris?

If you don't hurl insults, you can't complete a sentence.

26 minutes ago, Khota said:

Can you mind your language? Who are you calling khali khopris?

If you don't hurl insults, you can't complete a sentence.

Khalistani zameendars who protested the hand outs from the govt stopping and they not being able to destroy the lands of punjab anymore....why should i mind my language about them ?

But come back to the point- you were WRONG when you said millet is the right grain for India, given that entire ganges valley has been rice dominant in agriculture for thousands of years. Its only spread westwards from the Ganges basin ( meaning, into Punjab, parts of Rajasthan and Haryana) in the last 50 years. 

So time for you to retract that statement. 

17 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Khalistani zameendars who protested the hand outs from the govt stopping and they not being able to destroy the lands of punjab anymore....why should i mind my language about them ?

But come back to the point- you were WRONG when you said millet is the right grain for India, given that entire ganges valley has been rice dominant in agriculture for thousands of years. Its only spread westwards from the Ganges basin ( meaning, into Punjab, parts of Rajasthan and Haryana) in the last 50 years. 

So time for you to retract that statement. 

Demand exceeded the supply so other states were asked to grow rice. I personally want Punjab not to have anything to do with agriculture, but Central Government forced their hand.

19 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Delhi's air quality remains ‘very poor’, 18 flights diverted due to bad weather

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cities/delhi-news/delhis-air-quality-remains-in-very-poor-category-no-respite-ahead-101701483891453-amp.html

AQI still very poor despite no stubble burning from past 10-15 days

That does not fit the narrative. Punjabis are bad people. They are useless uneducated people according to people on this forum.

45 minutes ago, Khota said:

Demand exceeded the supply so other states were asked to grow rice. I personally want Punjab not to have anything to do with agriculture, but Central Government forced their hand.

Bullshit. The vast majority of rice Punjab grows is exported. Its not to meet desi demand. Central govt forced their hand for agriculture, but they want to force central governments hand to support their agri industry....makes so much sense. Where did you go to school again ? i'd like to know so that i never hire anyone from that school ever again.

30 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Bullshit. The vast majority of rice Punjab grows is exported. Its not to meet desi demand. Central govt forced their hand for agriculture, but they want to force central governments hand to support their agri industry....makes so much sense. Where did you go to school again ? i'd like to know so that i never hire anyone from that school ever again.

It is scary that people like you can make hiring decisions. Please tell me where you work so that I will never apply there.

p.s. I have no formal education.

Edited by Khota

6 minutes ago, Khota said:

It is scary that people like you can make hiring decisions. Please tell me where you work so that I will never apply there.

p.s. I have no formal education.

No formal education,but you wanna play master at farm laws, corporate law, geopolitics, etc. Looks like you didnt learn the maryaada of bharatiya to stfu if you dont have gyaan. 

No wonder you are so retarded and the whipping boy of this forum.

If you have no formal education, you are very unlikely to be hired by my company, so don't worry.

So....govt forced khali khopri zameendars to grow crops....which is why they were forcing government to give them hafta for growing crops ? 

Does your khaali khopri understand that this is illogical and contradictory statements ?

Its about time we fined stubble burning and trust me, that will come into play in next central government cycle when we win. Also, Punjab was never asked to grow rice. Dont make up bullshit to support your khali khopri gaddar friends.

Edited by Muloghonto

2 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

60% of rice procured by centre come from Punjab.

https://ricenewstoday.com/rice-procurement-dips-7-centre-extends-purchase-in-punjab-by-a-week/

Export oriented rice do not require MSP as the price is quite high

Edited by Singh bling

33 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

60% of rice procured by centre come from Punjab.

https://ricenewstoday.com/rice-procurement-dips-7-centre-extends-purchase-in-punjab-by-a-week/

Export oriented rice do not require MSP as the price is quite high

It still doesnt change the fact that the vast majority of rice grown in Punjab is basmati for export, which is NOT part of MSP procurement package.