U19 WC 2024 Discussion thread

rkt.india

15 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Quad series between India u19 A, B, C, D teams is going on. Final is on 9th. Keeping an eye on there too.

tell us about some promising ones, with a focus on the following, if they exist:

1. off-spin or leg-spin bowlers (batting is a bonus, bowling should be primary)

2. lower-middle-order finishers/hitters (bowling would be a bonus)

3. top-order bats with solid defensive techniques

4. express pace bowlers

5. any type of ARs

On 11/7/2023 at 5:49 AM, rkt.india said:

Quad series between India u19 A, B, C, D teams is going on. Final is on 9th. Keeping an eye on there too.

https://www.bcci.tv/articles/2023/news/55556056/squads-and-fixtures-for-u19-men-s-quadrangular-series-announced

Quad series between India A and B with England and Bangladesh u19s.

Quite like this quad series. We will be able to test at least 24 youngsters against international teams very quickly. Filtering will be become much quicker .

10 hours ago, gakgupta said:

We need some allrounders...

Anyone note worthy?

Musheer Khan..could be Sarfaraj Khan brother..I dont know..and may be spinner..but he opened the innings as well and made century..good scores..

I hope Arshin Kulkarni improves..he has height and power..he could become good pace bowling AR..

Edited by Need4Speed
37 minutes ago, Need4Speed said:

Musheer Khan..could be Sarfaraj Khan brother..I dont know..and may be spinner..but he opened the innings as well and made century..good scores..

I hope Arshin Kulkarni improves..he has height and power..he could become good pace bowling AR..

musheer khan is indeed considered a promising talent, but he has a problematic physique, and also seems unsuited for batting vs pace/bounce

5 minutes ago, Vijy said:

musheer khan is indeed considered a promising talent, but he has a problematic physique, and also seems unsuited for batting vs pace/bounce

Too young . Has another 2-3 years to sort out . His father is mad about training his children , so is in good hands to  iron out issues .

He is coaching him since he was 5 year old.

1 minute ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Too young . Has another 2-3 years to sort out . His father is mad about training his children , so is in good hands to  iron out issues .

He is coaching him since he was 5 year old.

yes, but look at sarfaraz. his fitness is suspect, as is his ability to handle short ball. musheer seems to have the same issues, albeit even more so