India Australia Final - Pre-match discussion

Who will win  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the final?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/20/2023 at 03:45 AM

4 hours ago, nitinbwj said:

KL,GILL and Iyer are match winners on their own. Iyer is a clutch player. 

Aside from SKY, each batsmen this tournament has clearly demonstrated they can win the match for India.

I feel the same about way about Bumrah, Shami and Jaddu these are all match winners.

5 hours ago, The Hound said:

India have been a much superior team than AUS whose middle order & bowlers other than Hazelwood and Zampa have struggled. 

Toss will be crucial but I'm giving 75-25 to India at the start. 

This is wrong its definitely a 50:50 game.

If India loses the toss, I would give it in fact 60:40 Australia.

5 hours ago, Khota said:

India has the better batting.

India has the better bowling.

Australia fields better.

India is the home field.

India wins.

Australia mentally has the better mindset in knock out games.  India yet to prove to the world it doesnt choke.

For me its going to be the small things that determines the winner, India must not drop catches, miss stumpings and most importantly not lose early wickets.

Never underestimate Aus esp in wc finals. 

I believe India are clear favourites but only about 60-40. 

If India bat first and score 

<200 : Aus 90-10 favourites

200-250: Aus 80-20 favourites 

250-300: Aus 65-35 favourites 

300-350: India 60-40 favourites 

350+ India 75-25 favourites. 

India should get 300+ and bat first if they win the toss. 

If India chase it'll be more tricky but I'd make India favourites for any chase upto 250 and maybe equal favourites upto 300 but anything more and Aus would be clear favourites. 

India's bowling if it performs upto potential should be too much for Aus. And that should be the game. 

17 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Australia mentally has the better mindset in knock out games.  India yet to prove to the world it doesnt choke.

For me its going to be the small things that determines the winner, India must not drop catches, miss stumpings and most importantly not lose early wickets.

I agree with the above. 

The mental part I don't put too much value on.

Uphill task ahead. The new ball does absolutely nothing in NMS and their top 3 can kill the game in those overs. They relish these kind of conditions. Rohit Gill will also like that but Warner Head Marsh are way ahead in assault game.

Hoping we bat first and score 330-340 and put them under too much pressure.

6 minutes ago, Number said:

Uphill task ahead. The new ball does absolutely nothing in NMS and their top 3 can kill the game in those overs. They relish these kind of conditions. Rohit Gill will also like that but Warner Head Marsh are way ahead in assault game.

Hoping we bat first and score 330-340 and put them under too much pressure.

That kind of score on the board in a final by India, means we can win the game at any stage, despite how well Australia bats. Just need one of the 5 bowlers to have a great day.

My big concern  is those three batsmen and their opening overs. India must get those early Aussie wickets and also negate the opening overs when they bowl to us.

Make no mistake, if we lose 3-4 early wickets like we did last time, we wont win.

12 minutes ago, Khota said:

I agree with the above. 

The mental part I don't put too much value on.

Mindset is arguably the most crucial aspect of any game, with all things being equal.

The pressure, tension and atmosphere has been known to absolutely handicap and get the better of any player.

14 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Mindset is arguably the most crucial aspect of any game, with all things being equal.

The pressure, tension and atmosphere has been known to absolutely handicap and get the better of any player.

It is a wash in this situation. India has played Australia enough.

So some Head to Head Numbers:

Runs Scored

Kohli       711                  Warner     528

Sharma  550                 Marsh       426

Iyer         526                 Maxwell   398

Rahul     386                 Laba>>     304

Gill         350                 Smith        298

Indian top three are batting better than their no 1. I can easily see India scoring more runs.

Economy Rate

Bumrah     3.98            Hazlewood  4.67

Jadeja       4.25            Maxwell       4.72

yadav        4.32            Zampa         5.47

Shami        5.01            Cummins     6.05

Siraj           5.61            Starc            6.14

Indian bowling across the board is better. Their bottom two are leaking runs.

If India holds all the catches and fielding is sharp it is at best 60:40 game in favor of India.

If both teams play to their potential, India wins convincingly. 

2 hours ago, SRT100 said:

I am fearful of Australia, just look at their never say die attitude in Cricket.

Lets not forget they should have had India 4/10 when we were chasing just 200. If Kohli wasnt dropped, Australia win.

This is the one team I didnt want India to play.

I just hope my Uncles who are actually traveling to see the game, blow up the pitch. I want a slow low turner.

Ifs and buts are part of the game. Had Mujeeb not dropped Maxwell, Afg would have def. Australia no crushed Aus by atleast 150 runs. They would have def. SA as well. Ind looks invincible ans i don't care if we play Aus in the finals, it's in India and no way in hell are Aussies doing anything in Ahmedabad. 

1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

That kind of score on the board in a final by India, means we can win the game at any stage, despite how well Australia bats. Just need one of the 5 bowlers to have a great day.

My big concern  is those three batsmen and their opening overs. India must get those early Aussie wickets and also negate the opening overs when they bowl to us.

Make no mistake, if we lose 3-4 early wickets like we did last time, we wont win.

We are not losing it. Period. 

7 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

It is obvious if you know that semi final umpires , officiate in finals ( excluding umpires of the nationality that are playing in the finals ) - other 2 semi final umpires are an Aussie and Indian. 2 Englishmen will officiate the finals - one of whom is Kettleborough.

Not necessarily as both have officiated in semis besides u have dharamsena and Erasmus as well 

8 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

It is obvious if you know that semi final umpires , officiate in finals ( excluding umpires of the nationality that are playing in the finals ) - other 2 semi final umpires are an Aussie and Indian. 2 Englishmen will officiate the finals - one of whom is Kettleborough.

This is Lahori logic, like the ones they are spreading lies about Rohit toss and pitch.. I don’t think he has any agendas like that , even if he officiates , India will win

3 hours ago, Dil Dil India said:

Never underestimate Aus esp in wc finals. 

I believe India are clear favourites but only about 60-40. 

If India bat first and score 

<200 : Aus 90-10 favourites

200-250: Aus 80-20 favourites 

250-300: Aus 65-35 favourites 

300-350: India 60-40 favourites 

350+ India 75-25 favourites. 

India should get 300+ and bat first if they win the toss. 

If India chase it'll be more tricky but I'd make India favourites for any chase upto 250 and maybe equal favourites upto 300 but anything more and Aus would be clear favourites. 

India's bowling if it performs upto potential should be too much for Aus. And that should be the game. 

If Rohit played 10 overs, India will be 90-10 favorite , if he got out under 20, Australia will be 70-30 favorite.