India Australia Final - Pre-match discussion

Who will win  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the final?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/20/2023 at 03:45 AM

9 minutes ago, deathmonger said:

2003 easiest to get over cause of how good that aus team was.

i was happy we went to the final.

Don't know about that.

We were coping hard after the loss. Making delusional claims such as "Ponting had Spring in his bat" and not ready to accept the result.

5 minutes ago, ViruPaaji said:

Don't know about that.

We were coping hard after the loss. Making delusional claims such as "Ponting had Spring in his bat" and not ready to accept the result.

I don't know about other people but I was happy that we came 2nd. Happy also later in the year when we drew 1-1 in the BGT.

There was no way we were winning that. Maybe when you are younger and aren't that cricket savvy, it might feel like a big loss but the odds were too much against us.

Same for Pakistanis and 2011 Mohali.

8 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

We will win because we have the better team.

This.

Australia with Marsh at 3 , Head knows only one way to play, spin bowling with only Champa is a big loop hole. Smith and Lab can be cancelled like today with accurate spin bowling. Only weakness for us in Siraj. How do you handle him? Drop him for Ashwin than we will have only 2 pacers. If we had Pandya we could have taken Ashwin. So, without Pandya, Siraj has to be maintained. No low score defend business. Either we chase low score or have them chase close to 300.

54 minutes ago, Need4Speed said:

I hope Boom's nervers are settled now after last match..we need him in complete mental control against Aussies..dont want Zaheer like opening bowling in 2003.

This is where we are likely to lose if we do. Bumrah and Siraj kept overpitching and lost control. Shami dropped a catch.

Hazlewood didn't bowl a single ball fuller than 6 m in his first spell and even Starc bowled 70 % either on good length or hard length.

They tightened the screws heavily on SA.  And that was backed by extraordinarily good catching and fielding.

India need to bowl very well defensively in Ahmedabad and hold their lengths as long as possible.

Ahmedabad has seen the least swing in PP among all World Cup venues.  Just hit good/hard lengths and make OZ come at you. Go hunting for wickets and they'll dominate.

Edited by Nikhil_cric
9 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:
  1. Aus has better big match temperament.
  2. Their clutch players crank it up several gears at the BIG moments.
  3. Our 2 BIG players ( Virat + Rohit ) have not had a bad day collectively and are due a failure.
  4. Kettleborough factor

Aussie is winning their 6th WC title

I would have been hugely confident if it were South Africa. 

Not announced yet