jaiswal

gill

kohli

Pant

Rahul

Jadeja/ Sundar

This should be our batting lineup in away tests especially in SEN

Would add patidar. 

Sarfraz or dhurv jurel as well. Drop Rahul and jadeja. Agree with rest. 

Also backup sai and pradosh. Both talented players. Great stroke players. Fast scorers. Explosive style. 

1 hour ago, Frustrated said:

Gill should not play in SA, Nz and Eng.  Should play only in Aus.  

Maybe qe should try Gill in middle order??

Career revival in sena? 

I mean last chance really. End of a tether at this stage. 

Play him at 5. 

15 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

If you remove that knock of 91 vs Aus at brisbane, his test avg would be < 30.

18 lol his average vs SA haha. But before it was tough conditions. 

Rohit averages 15 after 8 games. That should tell you all about our moron management when it comes to selections. No concept at all about conditions etc. Unless they just pick based on reputation and marketability. I genuinely think there are some real dumb cunts in management cause I have seen many such cases in the work places lol but I wouldn't be suspirsed if it's due to political backing/ nepotism either. 

3 minutes ago, harpicP said:

Maybe qe should try Gill in middle order??

Career revival in sena? 

I mean last chance really. End of a tether at this stage. 

Play him at 5. 

It's upto the TM ultimately.   From what I hv noticed, his natural game (core competency) is to play strokes and get boundries early on.  And that can be capitalised only if he faces the new ball.   Older ball won't travel much.  Kohli (at his peak) was more versatile and was a master of placing the balls in gaps and milking singles and twos.  Gill on the other hand probably does not belong in the same league.  

15 hours ago, cricspirit said:

Not the same class..

Vihari did not inspire confidence after good amount of matches. 

I would say Dravid could be attacking and score briskly when situation called for it. On top of it was just good to watch and very useful catcher.

Pujara started his Career much better and had lot more mental strength. He got backers on consistent performance.he lost it after a while and became painful to watch. I am not a Pujara fan but he is still 2 levels above Vihari.

They both started in India. Vihari played only overseas.He too has 70 SR knocks and ofcourse can dig in when needed.

I'm not saying he's as good as but needed more chances, surely better than ones playing now.

Is also a useful offie so we won't need to play Ashwin unless its a turner.

Gill is a technically weak player. His weight does not move towards the ball consistently. 

With Test match pitches being exceptionally difficult in recent years, it will be tough for him .

He needs to invest in a batting coach and work on his technique. 

He has a ridiculous ceiling and it would be an absolute disaster if we waste his talent. 

4 minutes ago, Gollum said:

In sab ko choro. Where is Sundar? Test batting average of 66 and hasn't been picked since Ahmedabad 4th test against Eng. These morons are wasting him in wrong formats. 

He is a highly injury prone guy.  Test format may not be his cup of tea.  Just before the start of WC2023, he was injured in Asian Games.  And was out of action since then.  Has played only 1 t20 vs SA last month.  That's all.   TM is being cautious with him.  

7 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Arey Laundaa Sunny Deol ki tarah Ghayal rehta hai

Par gusse me nahi rehta:wp30:

5 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

He is a highly injury prone guy.  Test format may not be his cup of tea.  Just before the start of WC2023, he was injured in Asian Games.  And was out of action since then.  Has played only 1 t20 vs SA last month.  That's all.   TM is being cautious with him.  

I understand his injuries. But they haven't selected him once in any test squad for 2.5 years now, find that strange, aisa bhi nahi hai ki woh hamesha injured rehta hai. They are trying to make a white ball player out of him, but he is a natural test player. Youngsters are being mismanaged since 2017. 

Edited by Gollum
On 1/6/2024 at 11:02 AM, Frustrated said:

It's upto the TM ultimately.   From what I hv noticed, his natural game (core competency) is to play strokes and get boundries early on.  And that can be capitalised only if he faces the new ball.   Older ball won't travel much.  Kohli (at his peak) was more versatile and was a master of placing the balls in gaps and milking singles and twos.  Gill on the other hand probably does not belong in the same league.  

Gill is boundary hitter,he doesn't like running that much

Looks laidback ,kind of 90s

Many times his shots goes in hands of fielders,heavily bottom handed

Throws hard hands

If Sundar has a fragile body, is he under proper guidance in the system? Best conditioning coaches, gym trainers, physiotherapists, nutritionists, surely the richest board in the world can take better care of their generational talent? I refuse to believe Sundar can't have a long test career, heck an equally or more unfit player like Ashwin will soon play 100 tests and he played all formats for more than a decade, sent 40-50 overs spells in tests so many times....Sundar can't be worse than Ashwin in terms of fitness. 

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

I understand his injuries. But they haven't selected him once in any squad for 2.5 years now, find that strange, aisa bhi nahi hai ki woh hamesha injured rehta hai. They are trying to make a white ball player out of him, but he is a natural test player. Youngsters are being mismanaged since 2017. 

He played the odi series vs Bangla in Dec 2022.  Also played the odi series vs NZ in NZ (Nov 2022).     Played the 3rd odi vs Aus in Sept 2023 at rajkot.    I believe he has the potential. Just that his body is sort of problematic.  Maybe needs to hit the gym.

3 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

He played the odi series vs Bangla in Dec 2022.  Also played the odi series vs NZ in NZ (Nov 2022).     Played the 3rd odi vs Aus in Sept 2023 at rajkot.    I believe he has the potential. Just that his body is sort of problematic.  Maybe needs to hit the gym.

He has tremendous potential and more importantly clutchness. MOTS as a 17 yo in Nidahas, that Gabba match both bowling and batting, the way he nonchalantly hooked Cummins for 6 to turn the tide in the 4th innings chase, and then even outclassed Pant in the series against Eng played on turning pitches. I find him more exciting than Jaiswal, Gill, Rinku etc. also because he isn't 1D like most of our superstars. 

Edited by Gollum
6 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Gill is boundary hitter,he doesn't like running that much

Looks laidback ,kind of 90s

Many times his shots goes in hands of fielders,heavily bottom handed

Throws hard hands

Exactly.   That's why he is suited for the opening role (if at all he plays) when the ball is new.    But many posters believe he should bat in the MO.   

4 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Exactly.   That's why he is suited for the opening role (if at all he plays) when the ball is new.    But many posters believe he should bat in the MO.   

Gill can't handle the in dipper, in swing. Very weak against lateral movement, Anderson made him dance last time, he didn't even survive till spinners were introduced. He can't play quality spin in tests as well, Lyon, Toygers gave him hell, so MO is out of the question. Also he has short attention span, throws it away even when he gets starts. Atm he is all hype, no substance. 

25 minutes ago, Gollum said:

He has tremendous potential and more importantly clutchness. MOTS as a 17 yo in Nidahas, that Gabba match both bowling and batting, the way he nonchalantly hooked Cummins for 6 to turn the tide in the 4th innings chase, and then even outclassed Pant in the series against Eng played on turning pitches. I find him more exciting than Jaiswal, Gill, Rinku etc. also because he isn't 1D like most of our superstars. 

Sundar and panr are 2 of India's best talents. 

Pant is India's greatest talent ever in batting. Infact he already shits on Dhoni and he is a far better batsman than kohli at his peak even.