India vs Afghanistan, 1st T20I - Mohali 11th Jan

Just now, putrevus said:

My view on Arshdeep is different from you. Thats okay.I don't think he is any good plus he has no other tangible skills.He is awful fielder and cannot bat a lick.

Except you haven't backed your view by any numbers/stats. Umran is far more terrible than Arshdeep. Even he can't bat/field.

3 minutes ago, Lord said:

He will be there, if lucky might even captain :hysterical:

Dravid will be doing all pnc to somehow get him in to the playing xi. I remember how Dravid made rcb test xi lineup during first ipl when Macculum played bazball for first time ever.

2 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

I think hr has made himself undroppable tbh. He will prove that by the time the ipl ends even more. pant and Rinku as our lower middle order is mouth watering. 

Nahi ho payega yr

Sharma

Yashaswi

Kohli

SKY

Pandya

WK bat(Jitesh/Pant/KL)

Axar/Jaddu

These will be top 7. How will he fit in ?

8 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Who are the gora commies? And why are they commentating in a Ind-Afg match? Aajate hain muft ki mewa khane!

These two will do commentary after 15 days in India england series. Nick Knight always omnipresent in the home series of india England and ipl. 

Just now, Lord said:

Except you haven't backed your view by any numbers/stats. Umran is far more terrible than Arshdeep. Even he can't bat/field.

You don't need stats for t20s. teams hardly play any t20s with all first choice players. 

Cummins and Starc hardly play bilateral t20s. They will still play world t20s .Kohli has not played since last t20 semi finals and  I would still have him my team.

I am not saying you have to select Umran  and I have not watched enought domestic cricket to comment on other fast bowlers but selecting Arshdeep is not the answer.

So him having most wickets means nothing, I have seen enough of Arshdeep to comment on his level.

6 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

what are you talking about?? i dare anybody to drop Rinku not just from the T20 11 but also the odi 11.

When SKY Pandya Rohit Kohli all will be back, he will be out. Sad truth. Cancer of Indian cricket, reputation over combination.

3 minutes ago, Lord said:

Has terrible footwork and can't play pace. Good bowlers will work him out easily.

Foot work is overrated but can he handle pace and bounce is the question. I would still have him the squad.He is handy play to have in t20 squad.

Just now, putrevus said:

Foot work is overrated but can he handle pace and bounce is the question. I would still have him the squad.He is handy play to have in t20 squad.

You have not seen him play enough. His bowling is innocuous pies and even against decent spinners his game is limited.

1 minute ago, Number said:

Nahi ho payega yr

Sharma

Yashaswi

Kohli

SKY

Pandya

WK bat(Jitesh/Pant/KL)

Axar/Jaddu

These will be top 7. How will he fit in ?

jaiswal

rohit

kohli

sky

pandya

Rinku ( can bowl few overs)

Pant/ Samson/ rahul / jitesh

Axar/Jadeja

Kuldeep/ Bishnoi

Bumrah

Siraj/ Arshdeep

If rinku manages to start bowling we will have batting till 8

4 minutes ago, Number said:

You have not seen him play enough. His bowling is innocuous pies and even against decent spinners his game is limited.

You are right I have not seen Dubey enough.1-5 are decided once Sky and Pandya come in. IMO You cannot have Rinku Singh at number 6 just for his finishing skills which are needed once in 10 matches.Plus you need a keeper.

How are you balancing the side.

Edited by putrevus
6 minutes ago, Number said:

When SKY Pandya Rohit Kohli all will be back, he will be out. Sad truth. Cancer of Indian cricket, reputation over combination.

3 spinners is not a norm. So, Pandya will replace Dube, Kohli - Tilak and Sky will replace a spinner (Axar most likely)

Just now, putrevus said:

1-5 are decided once Sky and Pandya come in. IMO You cannot have Rinku Singh at number 6 just for his finishing skills which are needed once in 10 matches.Plus you need a keeper.

How are you balancing the side.

Jaiswal was our leg spinner in u19 with Bishnoi. Rinku can bowl. We have 14 matches in IPL. They should be given some bowling.  Even next 2 matches. Let them bowl. For the 6th bowler we need someone who can bowl min 1 and max 2. If pandya gets hit or someone else gets hit he wont be changed immediately after the first over he gets hit. Atleast they will bowl min 2. Simple logic so the 6th bowler needs to roll over his arm for max 2 overs.. hope indian TM gets this simple logic

Just now, neel roy said:

Jaiswal was our leg spinner in u19 with Bishnoi. Rinku can bowl. We have 14 matches in IPL. They should be given some bowling.  Even next 2 matches. Let them bowl. For the 6th bowler we need someone who can bowl min 1 and max 2. If pandya gets hit or someone else gets hit he wont be changed immediately after the first over he gets hit. Atleast they will bowl min 2. Simple logic so the 6th bowler needs to roll over his arm for max 2 overs.. hope indian TM gets this simple logic

Bowling in under 19 and in international cricket is different.

I have not seen Jaiswal bowl much in IPL. I don't watch IPL that much. Jaiswal if he can bowl will add so much value to the team.