India A vs England Lions

Damn what a comeback. Unreal. With d string bowling attack too. This is England's second best bowling attack. In fact potts and fisher a

Should be their main bowlers along with wood and woakes. Broad and Anderson are old. 

India with d string bowling did really well to compete. 

Once Sen harshit tyagi mayank all play it will be a different story.

5 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Manav's main trade is bowling. So he is another handy left arm spinning all rounder like Sandhu.

We want similar right arm offspin plus batting. We only have sundar and krishnappa gautham. Cant think of anyone else

So Suthar can bat too...  Great prospect.  At least selectors know how to invest in a young spin prodigy. 

Pace department remains in shambles. 

Deshpande Arshdeep selected for next 2 games. 

Deshpande has someone's nudes probably..  Who in their right mind would select this guy? 

Arshdeep doesn't has stamina for long format.  His county stint proved that. 

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

So Suthar can bat too...  Great prospect.  At least selectors know how to invest in a young spin prodigy. 

Pace department remains in shambles. 

Deshpande Arshdeep selected for next 2 games. 

Deshpande has someone's nudes probably..  Who in their right mind would select this guy? 

Arshdeep doesn't has stamina for long format.  His county stint proved that. 

Stamina can be worked on though. Needs one full season of ranji. Would he do it? 

3 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

The sad reality is that there is no Test class pacer in India who can keep the pressure on after Bumrah and an ageing Shami.  Siraj is very much a rhythm bowler and needs conditions .

We're going to need spinning pitches and hope our batsmen can outbat them on spinning pitches. 

Yesh the cupboard is bare after Bumrah, Shami and Siraj.

Praisdh turned out to be disaster.

Saini is washed up.

Deshpande is hopeless.

Avesh is medicore.

Mukesh is trundler quota.

Kaverrapa is also a trundler.

Ironically I have hopes from Arshdeep and him becoming good all format bowler.

All above are the next in line as they are in A team recently.

3 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

The sad reality is that there is no Test class pacer in India who can keep the pressure on after Bumrah and an ageing Shami.  Siraj is very much a rhythm bowler and needs conditions .

We're going to need spinning pitches and hope our batsmen can outbat them on spinning pitches. 

Would like to see mayank, Sen, tyagi and harshit get a chance first. I think there is some serious potential there. 

Prasidh was sadly a disaster. But it's trial and error right. 

2 hours ago, harpicP said:

Would like to see mayank, Sen, tyagi and harshit get a chance first. I think there is some serious potential there. 

It is trial and error but that's not ideal

I don't think BCCI believe in identifying pacers and investing in them the way the Saffers and especially the Aussies do .

If there was any accountability they would try to figure out what Prasidh lacked in terms of preparation or what is needed to get the best out of him. Or if they think he doesn't have a high ceiling , then they must question why he was selected in the first place.

I don't expect that to happen, though. 

2 hours ago, deepdynamo said:

Yesh the cupboard is bare after Bumrah, Shami and Siraj.

Praisdh turned out to be disaster.

Saini is washed up.

Deshpande is hopeless.

Avesh is medicore.

Mukesh is trundler quota.

Kaverrapa is also a trundler.

Ironically I have hopes from Arshdeep and him becoming good all format bowler.

All above are the next in line as they are in A team recently.

Yes , I resigned myself to that fact sometime during the SA series. 

His ceiling is lower than some others but at least he looks up for it in terms of being match ready and fit more often than not. 

7 hours ago, harpicP said:

As much as I hate to say...I have a feeling Sen is loosing the bus.

Tyagi is 23, Mayank 21, Harshit 22...they still have atleast some time to get their form together.

Sen is 27...will touch 28 in some time. Will hardly be a long term prospect if he don't settle himself by this year. Same goes for Prasidh.

Kaverappa, Porel, Nagarkoti, Akashdeep are also 25 years old and this is the time to rise up. Kaverappa & Akash though are ahead but they also have to break through. I like Akashdeep and he can be the workhorse bowler which selectors are looking at Mukesh Kumar.

11 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

The sad reality is that there is no Test class pacer in India who can keep the pressure on after Bumrah

WI in 1974 came in with just one pace bowler, Andy Roberts, and won the series 3-2 with backup of Vanburn Holder and Bernard Julien.

NZ had some good results even in Aus with just Hadlee bowling for years.

Since Bumrah is an elite bowler far superior to Roberts or Hadlee, one bowler with a few support options should be enough right?

1 hour ago, AKane said:

WI in 1974 came in with just one pace bowler, Andy Roberts, and won the series 3-2 with backup of Vanburn Holder and Bernard Julien.

NZ had some good results even in Aus with just Hadlee bowling for years.

Since Bumrah is an elite bowler far superior to Roberts or Hadlee, one bowler with a few support options should be enough right?

Not so much on a wicket which is true and flat. 

You need high quality quicks to stop the run flow. 

But I just hope it's a dry wicket with enough spin and grip to not allow Bazball. 

England need even paced surfaces to hit all the way through. 

Whenever they've been confronted with either a slowish or high bounce surface , they've flopped.

Another point to be noted , England won in Pakistan with their pace trio getting massive reverse swing while the Pakistanis could not. 

Otherwise , there was nothing separating the teams. 

Whatever they are doing to "prepare" the ball gives their attack a lot of bite in these conditions. 

Jimmy averaged 15 when India toured last.