WT20 India squad announced

15 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/ipl-2024-uncapped-indian-players-mayank-yadav-riyan-parag-abhishek-sharma-shashank-singh-ashutosh-sharma-harshit-rana-1429460

Rise of uncapped Indian Players:

1. Mayank Yadav

2. Shashank Singh

3. Ashirosh Sharma

4. Abhishek Sharma

5. Riyan Parag

6. Harshit Rana

I would add:

7.. Abdul Samad

8. Nitish Kumar Reddy

I think of all above only Abhishek Sharma, Riyan Parag can feature in national colors as they have been playing for 2-3 seasons now. Rest need to wait.

If fit, Mayank Yadav must be picked. Unknown quantities do well, also rare breed of fast bowlers in world cricket. Should take a punt.

35 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Maybe for you. For me its the same thing.

Bowled couple touchig 147 kmph and few touching 145, but overall slower than previous games. Was trying slower ones.

May be due to Edens outfield and ground size , ball travels fast in edens out field. Line was off too

40 minutes ago, Adamant said:

What was Kuldeep Sens average speed yesterday? 
I saw some of his bowling, he looked as much of a trundler as Arshdeep

Kuldeep operates at late 130's to early 140's with peak speeds around 148-150.

Arshdeep even with his peak speeds barely touch 144 and often goes under 130 as well.

Kuldeep is marginally quicker than Harshit, and is fourth quickest after Mayank, Umran & Tyagi.

1 hour ago, Nikhil_cric said:

So, it looks like Jaiswal is going to be sidelined to accomodate Kohli.

Thought GOAT #3 batsman would play only at #3 as per some posters here. 

I can sense the reasoning here.

If Kohli & Rohit opens..then it means both Jaiswal & Kishan are out.

SKY will bat at 3, keeper at 4. Dube/Pandya at 5 and Rinku at 6...followed by the fake allrounder at 7.

It will also ensure that Kohli, Rohit will not be under pressure to score right from ball 1 against spinners ..they will take their time. Get set and score cute 50's and 100's.

7 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

I can sense the reasoning here.

If Kohli & Rohit opens..then it means both Jaiswal & Kishan are out.

SKY will bat at 3, keeper at 4. Dube/Pandya at 5 and Rinku at 6...followed by the fake allrounder at 7.

It will also ensure that Kohli, Rohit will not be under pressure to score right from ball 1 against spinners ..they will take their time. Get set and score cute 50's and 100's.

It'll be funny if Jaiswal gets dropped at the drop of a hat ,  despite striking at 161 in international cricket for a relatively bad IPL season.  Kohli supporters are adamant that IPL is a putrid league where performances don't matter.   Clearly, IPL failures are only used as an excuse to drop youngsters and not the likes of Kohli.    

22 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

It'll be funny if Jaiswal gets dropped at the drop of a hat ,  despite striking at 161 in international cricket for a relatively bad IPL season.  Kohli supporters are adamant that IPL is a putrid league where performances don't matter.   Clearly, IPL failures are only used as an excuse to drop youngsters and not the likes of Kohli.    

If I am not wrong, I think many of us had that fear.

Someone like Kohli, Rohit who has missed many of the T20 games, suddenly in the WC year, IPL becomes the key metric and all of the performances in the T20 international games are flushed in the toilet for the IPL performers.

2 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

So, it looks like Jaiswal is going to be sidelined to accomodate Kohli.

Thought GOAT #3 batsman would play only at #3 as per some posters here. 

If they were selecting best 15 t20 cricketers in the country currently, Rohit,Kohli,Rahul,Gill and their 'all-format undroppable pacer' Siraj would never make it. 

On 4/16/2024 at 3:08 AM, putrevus said:

Siraj might be done as a good bowler. I hope I am wrong but even in world cup he was main culprit.He was the first choice before Shami.

He was never a good t20 bowler, he doesnt have the necessary skills for it. has played 10 t20is for India and not taken the format by storm or anything, has always leaked runs bar one season in 2020. 10-15 pacers in India itself are better t20 bowlers than him but our amazing board made him an undroppable asset in t20 cricket cuz he was doing well in tests. selectors were clowns who picked players in one format based on his performance in others. Prasidh Krishna somehow played t20i. Anyone who sees his t20 record, or just sees him bowling would conclude in 2 mins that he is nowhere a t20 bowler

4 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Kuldeep operates at late 130's to early 140's with peak speeds around 148-150.

Arshdeep even with his peak speeds barely touch 144 and often goes under 130 as well.

Kuldeep is marginally quicker than Harshit, and is fourth quickest after Mayank, Umran & Tyagi.

How is Tyagi doing these days man. I read he was constantly reaching 150 last year end in domestic cricket. Has he been that bad in Gujarat nets that Umesh,Mohit and even Darshan nalkande all have been bowling better than him? I had so much hopes from him. He had the potential to bowl yorkers at pace. 

19 minutes ago, KushKan said:

How is Tyagi doing these days man. I read he was constantly reaching 150 last year end in domestic cricket. Has he been that bad in Gujarat nets that Umesh,Mohit and even Darshan nalkande all have been bowling better than him? I had so much hopes from him. He had the potential to bowl yorkers at pace. 

Last saw him in Oct Nov SMAT.

Was bowling fast and clocked 152.3kph..second quickest after Mayank who was around 154.

SMAT was okaish, played 5 VHT games and picked up 9 wickets (in one of the he only bowled 3 overs).

His line is still an issue, since he goes wide of the crease to bowl..he often end up giving too much width on his length deliveries. But his yorkers are pretty accurate.

2 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Last saw him in Oct Nov SMAT.

Was bowling fast and clocked 152.3kph..second quickest after Mayank who was around 154.

SMAT was okaish, played 5 VHT games and picked up 9 wickets (in one of the he only bowled 3 overs).

His line is still an issue, since he goes wide of the crease to bowl..he often end up giving too much width on his length deliveries. But his yorkers are pretty accurate.

really want to see him get chances at IPL. They took him as a net bowler to Australia in 2021, that shud have been the start of his int'l career but now 3 years, it seems a bit stagnated atleast the international callup chance. Really wonder whats going on with him and GT camp literally giving all bowlers multiple games and he hasnt gotten a single over.