More foreigners should be allowed in the playing 11 in ipl

MediumPacer

13 hours ago, zen said:

With the increase in the number of teams, the limit of OS players in the 11 should have gone up to max 5 (depends on teams to utilize that number). 

Eventually, the limit can be removed to create a “free market” where talent irrespective from where it comes from becomes the priority. 

I like the idea of no limit :nice:

14 hours ago, Adamant said:

I understand what you are saying and it can be true for a single short series or in non pressure matches but in no way a team of Lotan, Chotan, Gotan win a t20 world cup.

Can you give me an instance where that has happened? Has any team with poor players and random no namers ever won a t20 world cup?

Considering we have a good enough sample size of 8 wt20, atleast one no namer team should have won?

By no names, I mean cricketers who average less than 40 with the bat in both tests and ODIs or average more than 30 with the ball in both tests and ODIs.

Basically players who have not been consistent in either tests or ODIs. (  if someone averages 41 with the bat in ODIs and 28 in tests even then he is atleast ok.in one of the longer formats ) .... hence I am setting a very moderate level for defining a pedigree player and even then the teams I will talk about have very few such players.

The West Indian T20I Teams of 2012 and 2016 and England T20I team of 2021 are great examples.

These 3 T20 World Cup winning teams combined had only Gayle, Narine, Woakes and Brooks who qualify and include Stokes as all-rounder. Lets say even Butler who averages 39.x in ODIs.  All the others are low average batters or high average bowlers in both tests and ODIs.

2 of the last 3 T20 WCs have been won by such teams.

Edited by express bowling

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

By no names, I mean cricketers who average less than 40 with the bat in both tests and ODIs or average more than 30 with the ball in both tests and ODIs.

Basically players who have not been consistent in either tests or ODIs. (  if someone averages 41 with the bat in ODIs and 28 in tests even then he is atleast ok.in one of the longer formats ) .... hence I am setting a very moderate level for defining a pedigree player and even then the teams I will talk about have very few such players.

The West Indian T20I Teams of 2012 and 2016 and England T20I team of 2021 are great examples.

These 3 T20 World Cup winning teams combined had only Gayle, Narine, Woakes and Brooks who qualify and include Stokes as all-rounder. Lets say even Butler who averages 39.x in ODIs.  All the others are low average batters or high average bowlers in both tests and ODIs.

Add 2010 Eng and paxtan 2009

12 hours ago, raki05 said:

@MediumPacer you must be getting orgasm seeing Punjab foreign players curran,Russow and Livingstone  performances ,so bad Indian meek players Shashank and Asutosh destroying their hard work.

Then drop them .I said the best players should play ,no need for any restrictions.

On 4/18/2024 at 4:42 PM, express bowling said:

You are talking to a clueless person. Andbhakt kohli fan. No use. 

15 hours ago, raki05 said:

@MediumPacer you must be getting orgasm seeing Punjab foreign players curran,Russow and Livingstone  performances ,so bad Indian meek players Shashank and Asutosh destroying their hard work.

Lol at no power hitters in India. There are plenty. Just not selected or nurtured because of old school style of play 

3 hours ago, MediumPacer said:

Without likes of coetzee,burger ipl would be very boring.we would be left with a bunch of left arm spinners bowling on dry low slow pitches,like in tnpl.

Without Mayank ipl is boring coetzee, burger is no match for him.

11 minutes ago, MediumPacer said:

If Indian coaches and tm were in charge of ipl ,i doubt we would have seen likes of umran , mayank,kuldeep or tyagi.

They would have played ipl the same way they play domestic cricket.

This i agree. They like you also consider that only phoren bowler can bowl/play fast.

28 minutes ago, Kron said:

Absolutely not. This is indian premier league. 

Phoren can be restricted to 4 or 5. That's fine. 

I want to see more fast bowling and big hitting, if we can't find talent then look elsewhere.

24 minutes ago, MediumPacer said:

I want to see more fast bowling and big hitting, if we can't find talent then look elsewhere.

We have talent. We chose to under represent them or purposely side line them

Our thinking Is still backwards. Faster you bowl faster you go to boundary lel. And only phoren talents can bowl phaast. We have so many talents who can bowl quick. Still dumb indian managment doesn't understand that India is a vast country with a wide variety of genetic pools. 

They will never learn. We should just continue playing these rubbish trundlers. That's what the locals deserve cause they themselves love to support the trundler brigade.