The selectors - same process expecting different outcomes !

So now it’s time to select wc team again . 

note the cycle - 

Prior to World Cup - select a team with mix of experience ( in other words old , jaded players ) and youth ( players finding feet but not challenging seniors - yet ) 

during World Cup - they played their best . Likely should have more youth . Will build team for next World Cup 

after World Cup - useless bilaterals , oldies come back to life . IPL they accumulate runs 

… let’s play dk , let’s play Dhoni , let’s play Virat . 

it’s a loop . 

Our batting line is unchanged for past 2 wc. God knows how we expect different result. 

I am willing to bet even if we don't make it to super 8 yet same lineup will go for CT.

Will i type this post both in the MI vs LSG game both Rohit and Sky out for 4 and 10. Mr VC will come shortly and blame tilak for his poor batting form.

Edited by jf1gp_1

Apart from Rinku Singh who is really missing?

Selection seems pretty decent apart from Rinku omission.

Possible players not picked:

KL Rahul (Similar to Kohli/Rohit)

Gill (Similar to Kohli/Rohit)

Gaikwad (Similar Kohli/Rohit)

R Bishnoi

India do not pick uncapped players straight for World Cup so the following players were not going to be picked:

Riyan Parag

Abhishek Sharma 

14 hours ago, Prabhdeep Singh said:

R Bishnoi

India do not pick uncapped players straight for World Cup so the following players were not going to be picked:

Riyan Parag

Abhishek Sharma 

That's a shame. India won the world cup with a set  of young bunch of players who were not fixed with a template which is what T20 is all about. 

The current lot of Rohit, Kohli, Jadeja , Hardik are proven set of failures in T20 tournaments over last decade or so. Rinku Singh, Abhishek Sharma , Harshit Rana, Riyan Parag should have been there ahead of Siraj , Hardik and Kohli. Pant really should not have been in the main squad either given his T20 credentials.

Definition of stupidity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect different results. In this case of course it's compulsive from the corrupt paltus.

15 hours ago, Prabhdeep Singh said:

R Bishnoi

Riyan Parag

Abhishek Sharma 

Rinku and Natarajan

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

Abhi n jaiswal opening, rohit coming down the order where he is also good. That opening pair can pack a punch

Yes, but no way are they going to test out something like that in a WC. They should have prepared for such a move in some useless bi-lateral

22 minutes ago, cricketfan28 said:

Samson yes but dube will start.

Unlikely I think.. 

Top 5 selects itself

It will be Pandya and Jadeja at 6 and 7.

Only way to accommodate Dube is if Kohli opens, or if they play Pandya at 7 and Jadeja at 8.. which would mean 4 overs between Dube and Pandya

18 hours ago, Prabhdeep Singh said:

R Bishnoi

Riyan Parag

Abhishek Sharma 

Kohli , sharma , jadeja and yuz chahal are useless . 
Siraj is not a t20 bowler

rinku , a sharma , riyan parag and bishnoi for me along with harshit or Mayank 

t20 is fearless cricket . Fast paced . We have picked fearful cricket.  

who said u can’t pick uncapped players ?? Riyan and A sharma showed how good they are . Yes , don’t pick players from nets .. but IPL is pretty decent standard and u can pick from that . 

kohli and sharma didn’t play t20 for majority of last year . It’s such a useless team . Look how they have filled it with spin - they are hoping sub par totals due to spin friendly pitches with our spinners out bowling oppositions. Ultimately , yuz and Kuldeep will get hammered in semis like in England in 2019 and media will blame the bowlers . 

it’s a team selected to reach semis and then prayers . 

On 4/30/2024 at 7:56 PM, jf1gp_1 said:

Our batting line is unchanged for past 2 wc. God knows how we expect different result. 

I am willing to bet even if we don't make it to super 8 yet same lineup will go for CT.

Will i type this post both in the MI vs LSG game both Rohit and Sky out for 4 and 10. Mr VC will come shortly and blame tilak for his poor batting form.

How is the batting lineup unchanges?

Two of Jaiswal, Dubey or Samson will play a icc tournament for the first time?

3 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Unchanged means same looser kohli who is loosing since 2016 till now…., he is the only captain in our history who inspite of having atg team lost against a third grade pakistan team in icc final and than dances like a sore looser on his own misery.

Just now, raki05 said:

Unchanged means same looser kohli who is loosing since 2016 till now…., he is the only captain in our history who inspite of having atg team lost against a third grade pakistan team in icc final and than dances like a sore looser on his own misery.

ATG team in odi?

When did India have that?

Kohli has won more icc trophies than Sachin Tendulkar, so he is hardly a loser.

I think Raki you are just showing blind hate here, Kohli has played one bad innings in his entire t20 worldcup knockout career, we are carrying serial failures like Pandya and Sharma but you have problem just with Kohli. How is that justified?

1 minute ago, Adamant said:

ATG team in odi?

When did India have that?

Kohli has won more icc trophies than Sachin Tendulkar, so he is hardly a loser.

I think Raki you are just showing blind hate here, Kohli has played one bad innings in his entire t20 worldcup knockout career, we are carrying serial failures like Pandya and Sharma but you have problem just with Kohli. How is that justified?

I am not talking about t20, as if i love pandya and current Sharma. I mentioned kohli just like you mentioned sachin whho has nothing to do with current loosers. Kohli had great odi playera in that 2017 teams, still he lost a final against weakest Pakistani team in their history on top of it he danced like a sore looser. Now coming to t20 no doibt kohli was atg performer but he was, on his current form he can stat pad but playing an impactful knock where we will be chasing around 200 is not bis cup of tea anymore. Besides, you cant deny the fact since 2013 we haven’t won a single icc series with kohli, sharma, pandya so they dont deserve a place inpite of screwing since past 10 years atleast in t20.

2 hours ago, raki05 said:

an all time Pakistan great team lost against india in 1996 with trundlers like Prasad in. An ATG team like Pakistan in 1999 lost the final. 

t20 2016 and t20 2014- Great dhoni was the captain Both occasions kohli won the knock out matches i.e 2014 semis against SA for India, 2016 virtual quarter final against AUS. 

2017 CT- kohli disaster as captain. Agreed.

criticize with bit of data. 

2 hours ago, raki05 said:

I am not talking about t20, as if i love pandya and current Sharma. I mentioned kohli just like you mentioned sachin whho has nothing to do with current loosers. Kohli had great odi playera in that 2017 teams, still he lost a final against weakest Pakistani team in their history on top of it he danced like a sore looser. Now coming to t20 no doibt kohli was atg performer but he was, on his current form he can stat pad but playing an impactful knock where we will be chasing around 200 is not bis cup of tea anymore. Besides, you cant deny the fact since 2013 we haven’t won a single icc series with kohli, sharma, pandya so they dont deserve a place inpite of screwing since past 10 years atleast in t20.

Its KL Rahul, surya Kumar Yadav and jadeja who messed up 2023 ODI FINAL.

It's rishab pant, haerdik pandya and the aging dhoni who messed up 2029 FINAL. 

5 hours ago, Adamant said:

Rohit, Virat, sky, pant, pandya your core has been the same for past 2 WC. In 21 you had jaddu at 7 in 22 you had axar/ashwin now again jaddu. Is this not same? Unless you want to argue on 1 opener change.