India's bowling in Asia Cup : This is totally unacceptable.

i tell you. how much ever you curse bhajji, but he is the best odi bowler we have. Bhajji is missing. he can dent the run rate. he can bowl those yorkers and stuff on will. in odi's he is a must, sucks that he got banned, and yaa i would have picked Ojha anytime over chawla today.

Dhoni is still praising chawla..WTF is wrong with him..if he doesn pick Ojha tom then be rest assured guys that v are gonna lose tom..chawla needs 2 or 3 seasons in the domestic circuit to play against pakistan or srilanka..hope Dhoni gets that in his head :angry_smile:

Guest dada_rocks

Zaheer/Ishant/RP/Shree three out of these four are must otherwise on flat pitch we won;t be able to take wickets ......any decent side will chase down any score if wickets are not falling..

Guest Hiten.
Please re-read Dhondy's IPL making people complacent and having "made it" post. I think it is very relevant. You become rich anyway, and it is naive to think that it (becoming rich easy) does not have an effect on the fire and passion to push yourself to the limits.
IPL has NOTHING to do with our bowlers' complacency. Are you telling me that (had IPL not been there) these guys wouldn't have been able to pocket some mullahs ? You must be kidding yourselves now. Dhoni was paid like there was no tomorrow just for gelling his hair with brylcreem. But did this hamper Dhoni's keeping/batting ? Point being, if not for IPL our cricketers would have made more than they 'deserved' via advertisements. What lame excuse is this to blame IPL for every poor performance of our players ? If our players simply don't care or are complacent because they've made enough $$, doesn't that tell us something ? Tendulkar has been making millions right from (late) 90's, he didn't seem to have gotten complacent because he is a millionaire now, then why would our youngsters ? If you don't like IPL, so be it. At least don't make some nonsensical allegations.
IPL has NOTHING to do with our bowlers' complacency. Are you telling me that (had IPL not been there) these guys wouldn't have been able to pocket some mullahs ? You must be kidding yourselves now. Dhoni was paid like there was no tomorrow just for gelling his hair with brylcreem. But did this hamper Dhoni's keeping/batting ? Point being, if not for IPL our cricketers would have made more than they 'deserved' via advertisements. What lame excuse is this to blame IPL for every poor performance of our players ? If our players simply don't care or are complacent because they've made enough $$, doesn't that tell us something ? Tendulkar has been making millions right from (late) 90's, he didn't seem to have gotten complacent because he is a millionaire now, then why would our youngsters ? If you don't like IPL, so be it. At least don't make some nonsensical allegations.
exactly my thoughts..this IPL allegation is so stupid..as long as a player performs he ll get money if he doesnt he wud be kicked out of the team..the player knows this more than anyone else and hence the money factor is not gonna make him complacent..

seriously fineleg, don't bring ipl and stuff in this. IPl happend, it happend. it gave birth to lot of other youngsters too. stop blaming ipl for all this. it's not that this is the first time our bowlers are giving away 300 runs to oppositions. this used to happen before too when IPL wasn't even formed. one peson talkz about IPl, and other just follow him. stop that bloody crap

It's unacceptable only because a lot of fans have unrealistic expectations from what is essentially an above average improving team, nothing more. Frankly, I am not surprised at all by these blow hot blow cold performances from the team and I won't be surprised if our attack is butchered even more mercilessly tomorrow if SL fields a full strength unit. Our bowlers have taken a grand total of 4 wickets in the two matches against Pakistan and in retrospect it was Pakistan's go slow strategy at the start which made the first win possible. Even against Bangladesh we could manage only 6 wickets. It's a pretty flaky bowling attack which needs the batting to be above par for a match result to favor us. Some of it is attributable to debatable selections, some to the flat pitches, but at the end of the day the bowling attack is nothing compared to Sri Lanka's on these kind of tracks. We have no wicket taking option in the middle overs and our spinners will get slaughtered by half decent batsmen. Not only that the opposition will inevitably have enough wickets in hand to launch into our pace bowlers in the slog overs and make them bleed. Neither do our pacers know how to bowl consistently in the block hole or effectively use the bouncer. That's not to say they won't be good enough, they just aren't as of now. Fast bowlers and spinners can take years to develop into a formidable force and this attack just needs time, experience, and training. But don't expect consistent shows from them for now. Sreesanth and RP Singh are probably our best bets as far as bowling yorkers is concerned and the lack of Sreesanth is hitting the bowling hard. On these kind of pitches, picking up wickets is crucial and even though he goes for runs he does take wickets. Looking at our bowling attack I can't imagine where we will pick up our next wicket from and I am sure Dhoni thinks the same.

It's unacceptable only because a lot of fans have unrealistic expectations from what is essentially an above average improving team, nothing more.
I wouldnt go to the extent of calling our team 'above average and improving'. That is definitely a bit harsh. After all, we just won the tournament that featured the two world finalists. We even beat Aus 2-0 in the finals, which not many team have done in the past. I think its fair to say ours is a good team, but the flat nature of the pitches is essentially negating any of the advantages we might posses. Our batting has been doing what it has to do, consistently getting near 300+ scores in the last many matches that we have played, but the bowling has suffered in the hands of some flat pitches and strong opposition batsman.
I wouldnt go to the extent of calling our team 'above average and improving'. That is definitely a bit harsh. After all, we just won the tournament that featured the two world finalists. We even beat Aus 2-0 in the finals, which not many team have done in the past. I think its fair to say ours is a good team, but the flat nature of the pitches is essentially negating any of the advantages we might posses. Our batting has been doing what it has to do, consistently getting near 300+ scores in the last many matches that we have played, but the bowling has suffered in the hands of some flat pitches and strong opposition batsman.
Sriram v won in Australia coz the pitches provided more life and were conducive to our kinda bowling..but wen the pitch is flat our bowlers have no idea..they dont know wat to do..they try the same stuff again and again..accepted against Pakistan they suffered but then Bangladesh scoring 283 against us is jus highlighting the fact that our bowlers suck in these conditions..thats y im emphasizing the fact that something serious has to be done about our bowling in subcontinent conditions..otherwise no score wud be enuf for us to contain..our bowlers have the talent they need to be trained properly by someone and show them how it has to be done..see if it is one match or 2 matches where v go for 300 then its ok but all the matches our fast bowlers are going for runs..and this has been happening for quite some time..so it has to be addressed quickly..

Nothing to do with missing a bowler or what sort of bowling attack was employed (unless it's absoltuely world class bowling attack) ODIs and Twenty20s are won by better batting teams. Pakistan's batting was way better than India's yesterday and even if India had couple of full time extra bowlers Pakistan would have got to the target quite comfortably. Mind you they only lost 2 wickets chasing 300+. That says a lot about the pitch, Pakistan's batting ability (don't think they are consistent but they usually find more inspiration when playing against India) rather than India's bowling abilities. Indian bowling won the triseries against Australia in Australia and that's saying something. In sub continent conditions you pretty much don't even glance at the bowling attack, you just look at how good is the batting.

Sriram v won in Australia coz the pitches provided more life and were conducive to our kinda bowling..but wen the pitch is flat our bowlers have no idea..they dont know wat to do..they try the same stuff again and again..accepted against Pakistan they suffered but then Bangladesh scoring 283 against us is jus highlighting the fact that our bowlers suck in these conditions..thats y im emphasizing the fact that something serious has to be done about our bowling in subcontinent conditions..otherwise no score wud be enuf for us to contain..our bowlers have the talent they need to be trained properly by someone and show them how it has to be done..see if it is one match or 2 matches where v go for 300 then its ok but all the matches our fast bowlers are going for runs..and this has been happening for quite some time..so it has to be addressed quickly..
Well, what can you do, if the opposition batsman play out their skin? Alok Kapali played an absolute blinder the other day. Some of his shots, after he crossed 50 were out of the world. Its not like our bowlers were pathetic or something. And less said about the quality of Younis and Misbah, the better. There's not a lot you can do, when batsman of such pedigree get set on pitches like these. I wouldnt blame our pace attack that much, but our spinners need to take more wickets. That area is hurting us badly.
I think thats cuz of the below reasons 1. Missing Bhajji in the middle overs (more than expected) 2. Need a wicket taker like Zaheer or Sree 3. The Phaast bowlers need to bowl yorkers .. for God's sake please
A good team is one which can perform to a good level in all conditions. The CB series is the only thing of significance we have won during the last year. Even England managed to do that last year - that did not make them a good side. Despite all the hype and optimism surrounding our ODI side on ICF, results are still too few and far between. A series loss to England, to Australia, a 3-2 win at home against Pakistan, losing a cup to Pakistan. Hardly results to boast about. Good teams are built on results not on paper and besides the CB series there are hardly any results to show.