Dhoni is a poor test match player!

Pathetic that he can rectify this mode of dismissal walking down and getting the edge' date='its like watching the same replay a hundred times.[/quote'] He doesn't get behind the line of the ball . He is unable to judge the line or length or movement. On a pitch where the ball comes gun barrell straight he is able to get away with this technique.
He doesn't get behind the line of the ball . He is unable to judge the line or length or movement. On a pitch where the ball comes gun barrell straight he is able to get away with this technique.
Perhaps he should just play a full blooded shot than these weak prods.

Dhoni's days in tests are coming to a close; its extreme to say he doesn't belong in any format or can't captain in any format For ODIs I'll take him in a heartbeat but fact is he has been a test player as a mix of batsman+wk+captaincy To me wk is a very important component and it was fair to keep him for that as long as he was miles ahead of his replacements but with age reflexes obviously slow down as a test batsman obviously he is no good and his captaincy alone even if you are his staunchest fan can't be the sole reason for keeping him in test matches

I don't understand why he doesn't go for his shots right away. That's the only way he could score runs on tracks like these.
In tests you need good judgement to play swing bowling. Dhoni has zero judgement. So he plays purely on a guess work once it is pitched outside the off stump. If he is on a lucky day it will connect otherwise it will go to sslips. you need to be reasonably certain about how the ball moves. You cannot blindly walk right into the path of the ball hoping you will connect. That guess work will almost certainly fail in swinging conditions. He probably should stand 2 feet outside the stump forcing them to bowl short.. But this technque of going outside the off stump while mmoving forward as well and dangling the bat will almost fail all the time.
Bu the way. Read the fist 3/ 4 pages of this thread. I will accept apologies ' date=' as looks like I was right all that while ago. While those hammering now running to agree with me now:hysterical:[/quote'] Alternatives pappu and dk were even worse at that time.Now we have Saha,who could've got a run if Dhoni wasnt captain too.
In tests you need good judgement to play swing bowling. Dhoni has zero judgement. So he plays purely on a guess work once it is pitched outside the off stump. If he is on a lucky day it will connect otherwise it will go to sslips. you need to be reasonably certain about how the ball moves. You cannot blindly walk right into the path of the ball hoping you will connect. That guess work will almost certainly fail in swinging conditions. He probably should stand 2 feet outside the stump forcing them to bowl short.. But this technque of going outside the off stump while mmoving forward as well and dangling the bat will almost fail all the time.
Dhoni problem is more mental than technical, he I think should know by now he will never be good technically period ,so for him to push and prod will not work. It does not matter green pitch or seaming pitch dhoni has to go for broke when he batting on juicy wickets. He does not want to look irresponsible and that is the biggest issue i have with this moron, b4 series started he said he will go for his shots but he has done exactly opposite so far. once you counter attack other team especially this fragile england as Rahane showed they will collapse but for that to happen he cannot be a no 6 batsmen. It is fricking joke that dhobi is no6 on this team .

lineup would be more secure and solid if he brought in saha and ashwin. just think about it and then remind yourselves of jadeja's 3 and dhoni's 1. we say we play with 5 batsmen? well why not change that and make it 6 with ashwin as allrounder at 7? awesome batting lineup as there are so many partnerships that can be made and each can make a 50 potentially